The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jan 19, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #5,821 of 6,678
Hey @Kiats, did you go have a listen to the Aroma Jewel? Seems like the IEM for the type of music I see on your screen...
Heheh! I actually did when the demo unit first came into AV One a month or so back. I cannot say it left an indelible mark on me. :wink: Out of the LP6, it actually sounded a tad bright and the tuning was not quite up my alley. :)

Jan 19, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #5,822 of 6,678
Heheh! I actually did when the demo unit first came into AV One a month or so back. I cannot say it left an indelible mark on me. :wink: Out of the LP6, it actually sounded a tad bright and the tuning was not quite up my alley. :)
Yeah, I went to listen on Mon and like you, wasn't too impressed. What about the FIR XE6? Tried that?

Jan 19, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #5,823 of 6,678
Yeah, I went to listen on Mon and like you, wasn't too impressed. What about the FIR XE6? Tried that?
Not had time to try that yet. I must confess that I am pretty boring. I am generally happy with my suite of FitEar customs. The house sound very much agrees with me. :)

Jan 20, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #5,826 of 6,678
Any idea on how I can get a pair of custom DC Ti in Europe?
It looks like they only serve the local/regional market?
Thanks
Not sure if they have any resellers in Europe, I have not heard of any, could be wrong. Universals might be easier to score but Customs would be challenging. You could travel to one of the countries selling them (except Japan) and order one there, I think -- might want to call ahead before booking the flight! In my own experience following the Fitear cult for a while more, I can tell you there isn't a more inflexible brand/company in the trade. It is Suyama's way or the highway -- there is no short cut, no side door, no exception to policies that they have set. I don't remember whether it was the 335 SR upgrade or a new IEM not available outside of Japan yet, it was many years ago, I tried to buy it in Tokyo and was asked to show proof of my Japanese resident-status or they wouldn't sell it to me! Crazy as it sound though, it's usually well worth the hoops you hafta jump through, wait you must endure -- these Fitear IEMS defy trends or FR charts and are capable of playing some of the best music you'll hear.

Jan 20, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #5,827 of 6,678
there isn't a more inflexible brand/company in the trade. It is Suyama's way or the highway -- there is no short cut, no side door, no exception to policies that they have set.
Oh wow! You really made me dream 😂😂!
Not sure I want to beg to pay 4k$ for a pair of IEM ...
Nevertheless I wrote to an Asian distributor asking if I can order a custom pair of DC Ti. Wait and see.

Jan 20, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #5,828 of 6,678
Oh wow! You really made me dream 😂😂!
Not sure I want to beg to pay 4k$ for a pair of IEM ...
Nevertheless I wrote to an Asian distributor asking if I can order a custom pair of DC Ti. Wait and see.
No no, you don’t have to beg, just play by whatever rules that they have put in place. If it's only available in Japan for Japanese residents only and not available yet in your country, you can’t short cut it, jump queue it or even beg for it. Like the DC Ti, as it rolls across Asia, painfully slowly… one country at a time, we're waiting patiently for the window of ordering to open. Ok, I’m being a little dramatic here for the effects heh, but it’s true about the waiting and patiently.

Jan 20, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #5,829 of 6,678
Any idea where I can find more information on the spec of the Creator? Is it really just the universal version of the DC ti? If it’s true then why the price of the creator is almost a double of the dc ti? I don’t get it how a universal earphone can be much more expensive than a custom fit like this.

Jan 20, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #5,830 of 6,678
Any idea where I can find more information on the spec of the Creator? Is it really just the universal version of the DC ti? If it’s true then why the price of the creator is almost a double of the dc ti? I don’t get it how a universal earphone can be much more expensive than a custom fit like this.
Are you referring to a Japanese press release issued last year when the DC Ti was launched? I think the price info was reversed or mistranslated. You can see the price of DC Ti on a few web sites offering it now, it is sold without cables. I could be wrong, but I thought I saw e-earphones offering a limited number of DC Ti with the no.9 cables, it's a on-enquiry-basis item. I can't find it now.

Oh, the specs of Creator cable used by Fitear was not revealed and no one can confirm, though there are speculations, which retail Creator cable it matches.

Hope that helps!

Jan 20, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #5,831 of 6,678

Fitear's universals' prices are very close to, if not the same, as its corresponding customs as the manufacturing processes are fairly close (and similarly complex)

The Creator collab comes with a (vastly overpriced IMO) Creator cable, that explain the much higher price.

Jan 20, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #5,834 of 6,678
Fitear's universals' prices are very close to, if not the same, as its corresponding customs as the manufacturing processes are fairly close (and similarly complex)

The Creator collab comes with a (vastly overpriced IMO) Creator cable, that explain the much higher price.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion that the Creator silver 4 cable is the reason. I do agree that it is overpriced though

Jan 21, 2022 at 3:45 AM Post #5,835 of 6,678
For all Singapore based head-fiers: The FitEar DC Ti demo units have arrived at Jaben Singapore. Photos courtesy of @Uncle Wilson. :)

B826FEF3-AC59-4047-A2BB-3A548112E699.jpeg
CF1DF189-4B6A-4366-8421-6660A135DAEB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back