The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jan 22, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #5,836 of 6,678
That sounds like the Titan sold with the Creator cable. I could be wrong, you could call them and clarify. The DC Ti is definitely not sold with the Creator cable; like I said, maybe a limited number with the Fitear no.4 Aqua cable and that is possibly only available in Japan.
I have both the Titan and the DC Ti Creator, which is the universal version of the DC. Both come with Creator cables.

Haven't been on these threads simply because it's pretty much been endgame for me with both of these IEMs.

Jan 22, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #5,838 of 6,678
I have both the Titan and the DC Ti Creator, which is the universal version of the DC. Both come with Creator cables.

Haven't been on these threads simply because it's pretty much been endgame for me with both of these IEMs.
Hey man! How have you been doing? I can understand :) glad to see you're still enjoying them so!

Jan 23, 2022 at 1:45 AM Post #5,840 of 6,678
I'm good, just enjoying my gear properly now. The Titan and DC Ti Creator are tops no question. Using custom cable on the DC Ti and haven't looked back.
Glad to hear that! Are you using the Creator cables? I tried the Vocal, Musical and 4 wire silver ones and I was ambivalent. I will use my other cables which I have in any event. :)

Jan 23, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #5,841 of 6,678
Glad to hear that! Are you using the Creator cables? I tried the Vocal, Musical and 4 wire silver ones and I was ambivalent. I will use my other cables which I have in any event. :)
On the DC Ti, I'm using a custom cable. For the Titan I'm using the Creator since after testing against others, it's quite a good match that wasn't bested by anything else.

Jan 23, 2022 at 2:44 AM Post #5,843 of 6,678
May I ask which cable are you using on your DC Ti? Trying to figure what (or what type) of cable synergizes with it.
You'll have to try but this 8-twist copper custom is what I've been using. Obviously depends on the sound you're looking for as well as player etc... The DC can benefit from a brighter source but so far for me this has been the best pairing.

IMG-20211011-WA0077.jpg

Jan 23, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #5,845 of 6,678
For reference, this is how thick it is next to the Empire Ears EVO cable...
Screenshot_20220123_154152.jpg
😱 OMG 😱 This Looks like something Tarzan can swing from tree to tree on haha! I'm afraid the Orpheus is the upper 'heft' limit for me.

Ok, so can I take it that a copper-based cable would suit the DC/DC Ti more than say a silver or silver-hybrid one? I'm thinking of getting the Zillion Sheep for it, thoughts?

Jan 23, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #5,846 of 6,678
😱 OMG 😱 This Looks like something Tarzan can swing from tree to tree on haha! I'm afraid the Orpheus is the upper 'heft' limit for me.

Ok, so can I take it that a copper-based cable would suit the DC/DC Ti more than say a silver or silver-hybrid one? I'm thinking of getting the Zillion Sheep for it, thoughts?
I don't want to say that copper beats silver or hybrid. It really depends on music and sound you want. I find with this cable the width and depth are incredible. Bass is beautiful. Very natural. With silver/hybrid you will get more details and brighter sound which may suit you better. For the Titan I stuck with the Creator silver cable since it suits it perfectly.

Jan 23, 2022 at 3:57 AM Post #5,847 of 6,678
I don't want to say that copper beats silver or hybrid. It really depends on music and sound you want. I find with this cable the width and depth are incredible. Bass is beautiful. Very natural. With silver/hybrid you will get more details and brighter sound which may suit you better. For the Titan I stuck with the Creator silver cable since it suits it perfectly.
Here’s where it gets challenging with Fitear, the PITA connector! I hear the adaptor is not very user friendly so I pretty much have to get cables that I can roll with Fitears exclusively. So far my experience with Wagnus on Fitears had been good so the plan was to get the Zillion Sheep; if not wrong, that’s a copper hybrid, but the thin twisted construction is a total departure from the thick shielded braids of yours. Hmm…

Jan 23, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #5,848 of 6,678
Here’s where it gets challenging with Fitear, the PITA connector! I hear the adaptor is not very user friendly so I pretty much have to get cables that I can roll with Fitears exclusively. So far my experience with Wagnus on Fitears had been good so the plan was to get the Zillion Sheep; if not wrong, that’s a copper hybrid, but the thin twisted construction is a total departure from the thick shielded braids of yours. Hmm…
Interesting that you have issues with the FitEar connectors... I find them easier to swap than the MMCX and at the same gives me less concerns than the common two pin connectors. In any event, Jaben sells a pretty good MMCX to FitEar adapter which seems to be well designed. :)

Jan 23, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #5,849 of 6,678
Interesting that you have issues with the FitEar connectors... I find them easier to swap than the MMCX and at the same gives me less concerns than the common two pin connectors. In any event, Jaben sells a pretty good MMCX to FitEar adapter which seems to be well designed. :)
The adaptors on the IEM connectors + actual cable connectors altogether stick out too much, making the whole thing just unwieldy. I will still probably get the adaptors for playing around with other cables but I think a fixed cable is probably more practical for regular listening.

[Edit: Oh wait, I don’t find the Fitear connectors difficult to change out, it’s just the proprietary connectors make cable rolling with 2-pin, MMCX or even Pentaconn connectors impossible.]

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #5,850 of 6,678
Ah… first world problems. Which is why most of my cables have either MMCX (for Final Audio IEMs) or FitEar connectors. 2 pin only recent phenomenon with the Trialii and the UM customs. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back