The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Sep 27, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #5,146 of 6,678
Have to say, the MH335DWSR is something which you may not appreciate at first listen (you are lucky if it impressed you on the spot), but all through these years with many iems come and go and new designs and new sounds rolling out on a weekly basis, the SR stood through the test of time and becoming more and more endeared to me.

My U18 had gone but the SR is staying (don't ask about the Fourte, I can go on all day about why I won't take it even if it's $300); was mighty impressed with my Flamenco but the SR still puts a big smile on my face whenever I put it on; had been rocking with my Legend X while looking for the perfect hybrid or dynamic but when I put on the SR I thought why bother..............

It may not be as "ear-catching" than many of its competitors with driver-count a few times more, but the true beauty in an iem and the most technical of all technicalities lies in its tuning (at least that's what I believe).

Sep 27, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #5,147 of 6,678
Have to say, the MH335DWSR is something which you may not appreciate at first listen (you are lucky if it impressed you on the spot), but all through these years with many iems come and go and new designs and new sounds rolling out on a weekly basis, the SR stood through the test of time and becoming more and more endeared to me.

My U18 had gone but the SR is staying (don't ask about the Fourte, I can go on all day about why I won't take it even if it's $300); was mighty impressed with my Flamenco but the SR still puts a big smile on my face whenever I put it on; had been rocking with my Legend X while looking for the perfect hybrid or dynamic but when I put on the SR I thought why bother..............

It may not be as "ear-catching" than many of its competitors with driver-count a few times more, but the true beauty in an iem and the most technical of all technicalities lies in its tuning (at least that's what I believe).

Why don't you like the Tia Fourte's? I would rate it as the most musical of all of my IEM's. I have the Monet 17, and I'm waiting on my Air 2's. Neither is as enjoyable as the Tia's but they shine with specific categories of music. The Air 2 is quite striking for the kind of music I listen to, although it's definitely a very flavored IEM.

The 335dwsr strikes me as too bass-punchy without the subtlety of the Tia Fourte's or the LCDi4. But it pulls a lot of weight in the sub-bass, and IMO which one has the better bass among the three is very subjective, all three have absolutely class-leading bass.

Sep 27, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #5,148 of 6,678
Why don't you like the Tia Fourte's? I would rate it as the most musical of all of my IEM's. I have the Monet 17, and I'm waiting on my Air 2's. Neither is as enjoyable as the Tia's but they shine with specific categories of music. The Air 2 is quite striking for the kind of music I listen to, although it's definitely a very flavored IEM.

The 335dwsr strikes me as too bass-punchy without the subtlety of the Tia Fourte's or the LCDi4. But it pulls a lot of weight in the sub-bass, and IMO which one has the better bass among the three is very subjective, all three have absolutely class-leading bass.

You asked for it man haha........I almost like nothing about the Fourte. Where should I begin............the expansive but very artificial soundstage that is so lack of focus? the overly energetic and peaky treble that goes uncontrolled? the vastly inaccurate layering and positioning that renders the orchestra like a blurred mess? Not to mention the
weird, textually and tonally inaccurate mids. Maybe its bass is its best aspect, well extended, quantity is right and sufficiently punchy and clean. But that alone can't save its fairly obvious flaws.​

Of course maybe it's just me (and a few others) and please enjoy yours in good health. In fact I see the tia trio as a "corrected" version of the Fourte, not a lesser model. And during the one year or so I lived with my U18 I also found it sharing some of the flaws of the Fourte above, but to a lesser extent. It is a case of having loads of cutting edge technicalities but failing at the good old art of tuning.

The 335dw is too bass heavy for me (hence never considered ordering it until the SR became available) but definitely not the SR. The SR bass is well-defined, punchy but not overly so, and with good texture.

Oct 2, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #5,149 of 6,678
+1 about the treeble on Fourté.

Oct 11, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #5,150 of 6,678
Does any other company even fill in their acrylic CIEM shells like FitEar? Its such a curious choice that FitEar decided to completely eliminate reshell options but at the same time I really appreciate their workmanship. Absolutely no air bubbles and it shines like a star when light hits on it.

Oct 22, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #5,151 of 6,678
Today I was in e-earphone with another headfier and I gave a little comparison of my Titans vs EST vs Air 2. To my ears they all sound very similar - one would easily tell that they have the FitEar sound. In fact even within the FitEar sound, I think FitEar has found the formula that works. The Titans, EST, and Air 2 sound different from the other earlier MH334/335DWs, Air, Parterre, Monet, etc.

Whilst all 3 seem to have a similar sound, I found the Titan to be a somewhat more holographic than the Air 2 and the Air 2 to have a slightly smaller soundstage. The Air 2 is still very excellent value for being $1300 less than the Titans. Similarly with the EST, there is a slightly less bass and well controlled bass and has the holographic characteristics of the Titans however with the Air 2 soundstage. If folks like a better controlled bass than the Titans/Air 2 hybrid design, then the EST would win some hearts.

I don't have the spending capacity that I used to but if I did, despite owning a Titan, I'd probably still put the EST on the wishlist as more a "bang around" gym earphone since the Titan's are somewhat precious.

Oct 27, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #5,152 of 6,678
Today I was in e-earphone with another headfier and I gave a little comparison of my Titans vs EST vs Air 2. To my ears they all sound very similar - one would easily tell that they have the FitEar sound. In fact even within the FitEar sound, I think FitEar has found the formula that works. The Titans, EST, and Air 2 sound different from the other earlier MH334/335DWs, Air, Parterre, Monet, etc.

Whilst all 3 seem to have a similar sound, I found the Titan to be a somewhat more holographic than the Air 2 and the Air 2 to have a slightly smaller soundstage. The Air 2 is still very excellent value for being $1300 less than the Titans. Similarly with the EST, there is a slightly less bass and well controlled bass and has the holographic characteristics of the Titans however with the Air 2 soundstage. If folks like a better controlled bass than the Titans/Air 2 hybrid design, then the EST would win some hearts.

I don't have the spending capacity that I used to but if I did, despite owning a Titan, I'd probably still put the EST on the wishlist as more a "bang around" gym earphone since the Titan's are somewhat precious.

Anak, do you have any feedback/comparisons of how the SR changes the sound of the DW? Or rather, what changes it brings to the 335 after performing the SR upgrade.

Oct 27, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #5,153 of 6,678
I finally got the chance to listen to the 334SR along with all the new FitEar models.

Ended up walking away with my 334 sent for upgrade. Really like the improvement from the SR upgrade.

Oct 28, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #5,154 of 6,678
I finally got the chance to listen to the 334SR along with all the new FitEar models.

Ended up walking away with my 334 sent for upgrade. Really like the improvement from the SR upgrade.
Where did you demo the SR?

Oct 28, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #5,155 of 6,678
Oct 28, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #5,156 of 6,678
fitear002.jpg

prototype of Fitear x Fostex collab (from https://www.phileweb.com/news/d-av/201810/28/45504.html )

Oct 29, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #5,157 of 6,678
Yep I had a listen to it. Actually it wasn't in the main FitEar booth but in a Foster booth (which again was separate from the Fostex booth). Suyama-san had to guide me where to find the headphone, which was on a different floor altogether.

It's a decently nice sounding but I have to say by now (after hearing so many different headphones/earphones at the show) I can't descibe what it sounds.

PA280016.jpg
PA280017.jpg

Oct 29, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #5,158 of 6,678
Is that smaller than the TH-X00 series?

Nov 13, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #5,160 of 6,678
i want to buy a MH335DW SR from fitear but i don't know where make a order.
if someone know where i can make a order... thanks all
Where are you located? FitEar does their business through the more traditional bricks 'n mortar through distributors - no online orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back