The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jul 27, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #5,102 of 6,678
anyone tried or know anything about fitear EST universal?
Nope I haven't but there are demos at the local shops in Tokyo. I'm pleasantly surprised that they are priced rather "reasonably" of Yen 140,400 (~USD$1276)

I’ve finally got to listen to the EST (and I’m still listening to it right now whilst typing this).

The EST has a lighter tone to it...from my MH335DW-SR & from my Titans, the EST sounds more neutral and a little more air whilst the MH335DW-SR and Titans have more warmth.

I do like it but it’s more a compliment to the Titans than an improvement. I can imagine that after a while of getting accustomed to the EST, I may want a little more body that I find in the Titans.

The speed of the EST is interesting though in a positive way... (well coming from the Titans which is a hybrid dynamic driver).

EST will relese in July. Really Amazing innovative IEM. I prefer it to 335.

The MH335DW-SR is more treble rolled off by comparison to the EST. It’s almost like the two are on the opposites to each other so it’s more up to the listener’s preference.

(iPhone quality)
4CA937F9-FC68-4045-97F2-5E1FF420AD94.jpeg

Jul 29, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #5,105 of 6,678
I got the Ifi Micro BL in the end for the mh334 lol.

Another question, anyone know some cable diyer Who is Kind enough to send his cables overboard?
Im on a search for a nice copper cable

I have recommendation. Just want to know your limit budget.

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #5,106 of 6,678
Hmm, been out of the loop for some time I guess. Will there be a custom model of the EST too?

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #5,107 of 6,678
Jul 30, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #5,108 of 6,678
The EST seems like something I would love to get my hands on, if the descriptions are correct. Some kind of hybrid "electrostatic" IEM without bulky energizer and stiff cables.

Maybe it's a electret tweeter driver?

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #5,109 of 6,678
The EST seems like something I would love to get my hands on, if the descriptions are correct. Some kind of hybrid "electrostatic" IEM without bulky energizer and stiff cables.

Maybe it's a electret tweeter driver?
Yes. BA and a electrostatic tweeter driver combo.

Jul 30, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #5,110 of 6,678
I’ve finally got to listen to the EST (and I’m still listening to it right now whilst typing this).

The EST has a lighter tone to it...from my MH335DW-SR & from my Titans, the EST sounds more neutral and a little more air whilst the MH335DW-SR and Titans have more warmth.

I do like it but it’s more a compliment to the Titans than an improvement. I can imagine that after a while of getting accustomed to the EST, I may want a little more body that I find in the Titans.

The speed of the EST is interesting though in a positive way... (well coming from the Titans which is a hybrid dynamic driver).

The MH335DW-SR is more treble rolled off by comparison to the EST. It’s almost like the two are on the opposites to each other so it’s more up to the listener’s preference.

You have my attention... :popcorn:

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #5,111 of 6,678
You have my attention... :popcorn:
Here's my philosophy....If in doubt, buy. If curious, buy. If bored, buy. If happy, buy. If sad, buy. If angry, buy. If stressed, buy. If confused, buy.

Jul 30, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #5,112 of 6,678
EST will relese in July. Really Amazing innovative IEM. I prefer it to 335.

I have the 335DWSR. Yes I appreciate the EST a lot as an amazing innovation, but sonically my first try wasn't too inspiring. Treble extension was good but not as great as I'd have thought. Piezo did better in extension in general while the 335 sports a more natural roll-off. The EST have a kinda too beefy hi-mids that sound rather unnatural on first listen.

I'll definitely give it a second try when stock becomes available but my expectations had been lowered.

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #5,113 of 6,678
Here's my philosophy....If in doubt, buy. If curious, buy. If bored, buy. If happy, buy. If sad, buy. If angry, buy. If stressed, buy. If confused, buy.
Unfortunately I can't buy right now, but I'll be in Japan in the spring so I might try to stop by E-Earphone for a listen. Until then, I'll have to live vicariously through you and the others who have demoed them. :)

Jul 31, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #5,114 of 6,678
There will be a custom version of EST.

BUT just because Fitear have their hands full and would like to field test the electrostatic tweeter a bit before moving on to custom version, the project is delayed until end of 2018.

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #5,115 of 6,678
There will be a custom version of EST.

BUT just because Fitear have their hands full and would like to field test the electrostatic tweeter a bit before moving on to custom version, the project is delayed until end of 2018.

Instead I'm patiently waiting for the universal Titan, which I heard would be made available within this year but again you know they got their hands full so it's probably 2019 the earliest........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back