The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Apr 19, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #4,741 of 6,678
Can anyone compare the bass of the Custom 335 with a hybrid / dynamic driver iem like the asg-2.5, Unique melody Maverick, or something like that?
Is dynamic driver still edge out in the bass department? even though the Bass on the Custom 335 is really good?

Apr 19, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #4,742 of 6,678
Oh yea I had the Asg-2.5 , the bass was really good cause of the Dynamic driver. But from all the reviews in this thread regarding the 335 with the bass is really good.

I thought the 335 is a good overall ciem, not just bass?

Yes, the 335 has probably the best bass of a custom currently in the market right now. However, the stock cable is quite inadequate. You will have tighter and more textured bass with silver based cables. Once you have that, the bass will not bleed and obscure the fact that it has engaging mids and pretty good trebles. :)

Apr 19, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #4,743 of 6,678
Yes, the 335 has probably the best bass of a custom currently in the market right now. However, the stock cable is quite inadequate. You will have tighter and more textured bass with silver based cables. Once you have that, the bass will not bleed and obscure the fact that it has engaging mids and pretty good trebles.
smily_headphones1.gif

Damn, so its bass is better than a dynamic driver iem? wow that's amazing...

Apr 19, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #4,744 of 6,678
Another custom you may wish to demo, if you like a double woofer, is the ACS Encore. And I believe they have reps in the US. ACS is a British company. :)

Apr 19, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #4,745 of 6,678
Damn, so its bass is better than a dynamic driver iem? wow that's amazing...

Well, one shouldn't assume that DD are always better in bass. Depends on whether you want quality or just quantity. Within DDs, it's also about implementation.

Apr 20, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #4,746 of 6,678
"
there are few problems in taking your order and they are: A. We are technically not taking in impressions from abroad as they are fraught with problems, such as fits, bad impressions, etc. etc.

B. After much thinking thru, we apologize but we are unable to provide you with the service required to ensure that a good outcome will be the result. Generally nothing will go wrong but if anything does, then it will really be very problematic. My sincere apologies...

That was the reply I got from Jaben Singapore Facebook.  They didn't even reply to my email that I sent 4 days ago.  But I guess oh well, thank you for all the ppl that tried to help me.
I thought they would take International orders for FitEar but guess not.  I don't blame them.  I Just don't see what is the "problematic" that they said about.  LIke even if I go there and take my impressions, if there's any refit has to be done, they still have to send them back to FitEar anyways, so I don't see any difference.

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #4,747 of 6,678
Well, then it may be you are barking up the wrong tree. Perhaps you should be asking the US distributors of FitEar why they are not providing that service of FitEar customs to US customers like yourself? :)

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #4,748 of 6,678
  "
there are few problems in taking your order and they are: A. We are technically not taking in impressions from abroad as they are fraught with problems, such as fits, bad impressions, etc. etc.

B. After much thinking thru, we apologize but we are unable to provide you with the service required to ensure that a good outcome will be the result. Generally nothing will go wrong but if anything does, then it will really be very problematic. My sincere apologies...

That was the reply I got from Jaben Singapore Facebook.  They didn't even reply to my email that I sent 4 days ago.  But I guess oh well, thank you for all the ppl that tried to help me.
I thought they would take International orders for FitEar but guess not.  I don't blame them.  I Just don't see what is the "problematic" that they said about.  LIke even if I go there and take my impressions, if there's any refit has to be done, they still have to send them back to FitEar anyways, so I don't see any difference.

They are not obligated to take your order since you are well out of their region; that they take time to reply your enquiry is already pretty decent of them.

Ear impressions are hit and miss affairs, especially since Fitear take time to train their dealers to take ear impressions. Moreover, every refit eats into their margin, all the more when you are based in US.

I certainly see the very valid reasons why they rejected your order.

Apr 20, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #4,749 of 6,678

Moving on. I've been listening to my new Trualucent IEMs on the AK380Cu for the last few days. Today, I moved on to experimenting this afternoon with my CIEMs to listen to the AK380Cu. I tried the 335 earlier: excellent tight bass and 3D soundstage with great grip and control.

As you see above, I am now listening to Damien Rice's Volcano from his first album, "O" on the 435. Spinetingling stuff. Because the 435 is so transparent, it allows the sonic character of the Cu to shine through. Great soundstage, separation, layering and timbre of the strings. Very organic and such effortless musical presentation.

Damien Rice and the Cu really put the 335 and 435 though their paces, and allow them to shine. Especially the 435: shockingly rich and textured. :)

Apr 20, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #4,750 of 6,678
BTW, the music playing on the AK380Cu is streamed out of my 2 Synology NAS and desktop HDD attached to my Auralic Aries via AQ Diamond USB3 cable. This is done using AK Connect and managed via the AK Connect App on the iPad Mini. Interesting stuff. :yum:

Apr 20, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #4,752 of 6,678
Kiats, are those CC picolinno on the 335?

Sharp eyes to notice the cables. Nope. The CPC is currently on my 333. These are the original Tralucent Uber cables. And these are the 435s. :)

Apr 20, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #4,753 of 6,678
They are not obligated to take your order since you are well out of their region; that they take time to reply your enquiry is already pretty decent of them.

Ear impressions are hit and miss affairs, especially since Fitear take time to train their dealers to take ear impressions. Moreover, every refit eats into their margin, all the more when you are based in US.

I certainly see the very valid reasons why they rejected your order.

The "Fitear trains their dealers for ear impression" is a line that gets repeated constantly but has no actual proof. This is especially true for Jaben's staff. Not only Fitear Japan won't confirm this but the fact that I got my 335 via DMA Hong Kong with an impression I've done via a proper audiologist pretty much tells me someone is lying.

Hint: Fitear has three official distributors in hk, only jaben repeats this pitch. Don't think I have to spell it out any further.

Apr 20, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #4,754 of 6,678
The "Fitear trains their dealers for ear impression" is a line that gets repeated constantly but has no actual proof. This is especially true for Jaben's staff. Not only Fitear Japan won't confirm this but the fact that I got my 335 via DMA Hong Kong with an impression I've done via a proper audiologist pretty much tells me someone is lying.

Hint: Fitear has three official distributors in hk, only jaben repeats this pitch. Don't think I have to spell it out any further.
Thats true Ive demoed various Fitears at DMA (Wan Chai and Mong Kok).

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #4,755 of 6,678

Oh so you did ur impressions with ur own audiologist, I see, that's interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back