The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 21, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #3,061 of 6,693
They do it a lot. I think they want input from potential customers. Japan is a very very different market. From what I understand, FitEar's market in Japan is like 95% of its business. I think that many people abroad don't understand it, but many japanese companies are reticent to do business abroad. Language, service, usage patterns: it's all different. They know their customers, they know the people in their country. And 130 million people is more than enough to saturate demand for their products. 

So when FitEar show off a potential product at Fujiya, it is to get input. I get the impression that still FitEar treat the custom earphone/universal earphone business as a hobby. They take it seriously, but they aren't about one-upping the competition; rathe they are about doing things their own way and in their own time. They couldn't bring this product to a venue abroad. That would make no sense. But since 99% of the people at Fujiya's meets are loyal customers from japan, it makes perfect sense.

May 21, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #3,066 of 6,693
I was about to buy the JH Roxanne earphone (universal one), however I heard some folks here said that it's too bulky to sit tight on the small ears. So maybe I would get a fitear custom instead.

I still have some questions...

- Which custom I should buy? Considering the 334 or 335. I listen mainly to classical/new age/Jazz vocal/blue.

- How long it takes for an order to finished? Can I get my ear impression done at e-earphone or I have to go to Fitear office?

ps: I'm using fitear parterre with Theorem 720.

May 21, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #3,067 of 6,693
  I was about to buy the JH Roxanne earphone (universal one), however I some folks here said that it's too bulky to sit tight on the small ears. So maybe I would get a fitear custom instead.

- Which custom I should buy? Considering the 334 or 335. I listen mainly to classical/new age/Jazz vocal/blue.

- How long it takes for an order to finished? Can I get my ear impression done at e-earphone or I have to go to Fitear office?

nntnam,

You're in Japan...where? If you're in Tokyo or Osaka you could pop by Fujiya or e-earphone to listen to the demos and decide for yourself. And of all countries, you're in the right country to buy a Fitear :D.

May 21, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #3,068 of 6,693

nntnam,

You're in Japan...where? If you're in Tokyo or Osaka you could pop by Fujiya or e-earphone to listen to the demos and decide for yourself. And of all countries, you're in the right country to buy a Fitear :D.

Hi AnakChan,

I live in Sendai. I came to the autumn headphone festival last year to try them but it was too noisy and the demo ones was not really fit to my ear so I couldn't feel a thing.

Can you tell me the process to order a Fitear custom earphone?

May 21, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #3,069 of 6,693

Hi AnakChan,

I live in Sendai. I came to the autumn headphone festival last year to try them but it was too noisy and the demo ones was not really fit to my ear so I couldn't feel a thing.

Can you tell me the process to order a Fitear custom earphone?

As far as I know (and I could be wrong 'cos I  got mine at the Fujiya show special rather than a normal day), you would go to Fujiya or e-earphone's shop in Tokyo and make your order/payment there. After that the impressions are actually done in FitEar's Ginza's office. When it's done (anything from 3-6 weeks), it's posted to your address. AFAIK you only make one visit for your impressions. They do have quite a lot of confidence in their work which is probably why you don't need to come back.

Now if you live in Osaka, I have no idea. I'm guessing that FitEar will have to delegate the impressions to some audiologists down there and e-earphone in Osaka will broker the deal.

May 21, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #3,070 of 6,693
Oh, thanks a lot! Perhaps I will also buy it at next headphone festival. I think they have some discount like $200 on every fitear custom earphone :D.

May 21, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #3,071 of 6,693
  I was about to buy the JH Roxanne earphone (universal one), however I some folks here said that it's too bulky to sit tight on the small ears. So maybe I would get a fitear custom instead.

I'm also live in Sendai.

I know that you have to make an appointment directly with Fitear after you get your order done with either of the dealers if you're in Tokyo. I'm not sure for Osaka. I got my MH335DW directly from Fitear.

FYI, buying through e-earphone or fujiya-avic mean that if you have some problem with your custom, you need to contact your dealer. Fitear won't fix it for you unless you send it to those store first.

I got mine within 21 days after done the impression.

May 21, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #3,072 of 6,693
  I'm also live in Sendai.

I know that you have to make an appointment directly with Fitear after you get your order done with either of the dealers if you're in Tokyo. I'm not sure for Osaka. I got my MH335DW directly from Fitear.

FYI, buying through e-earphone or fujiya-avic mean that if you have some problem with your custom, you need to contact your dealer. Fitear won't fix it for you unless you send it to those store first.

I got mine within 21 days after done the impression.

Thanks for the information! I didn't know that we can order directly from Fitear! 21 days, it's amazingly fast comparing to at least one month to order a new parterre :=)).

May 22, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #3,073 of 6,693
They do it a lot. I think they want input from potential customers. Japan is a very very different market. From what I understand, FitEar's market in Japan is like 95% of its business. I think that many people abroad don't understand it, but many japanese companies are reticent to do business abroad. Language, service, usage patterns: it's all different. They know their customers, they know the people in their country. And 130 million people is more than enough to saturate demand for their products. 

So when FitEar show off a potential product at Fujiya, it is to get input. I get the impression that still FitEar treat the custom earphone/universal earphone business as a hobby. They take it seriously, but they aren't about one-upping the competition; rathe they are about doing things their own way and in their own time. They couldn't bring this product to a venue abroad. That would make no sense. But since 99% of the people at Fujiya's meets are loyal customers from japan, it makes perfect sense.

What should I do if I wanna order 335dw' in America? Couldn't find a local dealer here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back