The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 22, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #3,076 of 6,693
Just a quick poll, does everyone here prefer IEMs over Headphones?

Edit: Just from a sound perspective.

Sound perspective? I don't, I believe TOTL headphones with TOTL systems kick harder than TOTL C/IEMs with TOTAL systems. Is the difference day and night? I doubt it, but by their physical structure, headphones bound to give a better presentation.

However if I take your question as general, overall I prefer c/iems (not even universal iems) because of their advantages. All systems have their advantages and disadvantages. Ciems give the things that I value most, so I chose that path.

May 22, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #3,077 of 6,693
Just a quick poll, does everyone here prefer IEMs over Headphones?

Edit: Just from a sound perspective.

I'll be honest and say that today I'm not much of a headphone guy. I was when I started here, but I was living with my parents and had a room. Today I have a flat, and soon, will be living in a newly built home. When in my living area, I listen to speakers, which give another dimension of 'feel' to music above the best headphones. And beautifully realistic sound which comes to both ears, not just one at a time. 

So, I've changed. Reviewing and at work, earphones/headphones are necessary, but when I'm relaxing, it rarely is with headphones. That said. when out and about, I've got IEMs in my ears 90% of the time, and at the rare time, an Audio Technica ES10.

May 22, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #3,080 of 6,693
That is subjective based on how you would define 'portable cans'.

:)

True. Though if you are not talking about cans meant for listening in a full amp system, without a doubt, Fitear customs. With portable cans, too much ambient noise seeps in. Not quite conducive for listening to the music. :)

May 22, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #3,081 of 6,693
True. Though if you are not talking about cans meant for listening in a full amp system, without a doubt, Fitear customs. With portable cans, too much ambient noise seeps in. Not quite conducive for listening to the music. :)

I was just making fun of those who would wear a LCD with balanced portable amp on the street :D

May 22, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #3,083 of 6,693
I was just making fun of those who would wear a LCD with balanced portable amp on the street
biggrin.gif

Certainly those people don't exist, do they? Even FitEar CIEMs, due to their cable connection, fit wider in the ear than many rivals. LCD on the street... wow.

May 23, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #3,084 of 6,693
Certainly those people don't exist, do they? Even FitEar CIEMs, due to their cable connection, fit wider in the ear than many rivals. LCD on the street... wow.

Shigzeo, all I will say is that life is stranger than fiction... :)

May 23, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #3,088 of 6,693
Is FitEar completely decided then on having their line up exclusive to Japan? I ask because not sure if I want to risk trying them out and not liking them. I went to Custom IEMs UK and the manager said he had tried emailing FitEar a while ago, however they didn't reply. I asked if he sent in Japanese and he didn't. Could this possibly be why?

May 23, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #3,089 of 6,693
Is FitEar completely decided then on having their line up exclusive to Japan? I ask because not sure if I want to risk trying them out and not liking them. I went to Custom IEMs UK and the manager said he had tried emailing FitEar a while ago, however they didn't reply. I asked if he sent in Japanese and he didn't. Could this possibly be why?

I think so, I emailed them couple of weeks ago and haven't got any reply so far. I was told that fitear staffs may feel uncomfortable communicating in English. 
I begin to doubt why a company with such an unfriendly attitude to customers overseas can have such a good reputation here.

May 23, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #3,090 of 6,693
I think so, I emailed them couple of weeks ago and haven't got any reply so far. I was told that fitear staffs may feel uncomfortable communicating in English. 
I begin to doubt why a company with such an unfriendly attitude to customers overseas can have such a good reputation here.

Thanks, just dropped the manager a message advising him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back