The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 12, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #3,001 of 6,693

I wasn't certain if the 3D printing was just a "new" way of making existing CIEM models or if it's a new CIEM altogether.

I think the depth imaging was more on the new fitear - mainly due to the bass rendering. Didn't hear much in soundstage, but maybe it's because I didn't focus on it t that much.

I have a feeling the answer is "nebulous". We'll get clarity when things are for sure. Right now only Suyama-san probably has the answer.

So I take it that your first impressions were rather mild? As in not much to hype about?

May 12, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #3,002 of 6,693
to be exact, Suyama-san said nothing about a new CIEM, nor did he even say anything about a new universal planned for the Spring festival. In fact he mentioned nothing about a new product coming out unless you took his April fool joke seriously. 

This new fitear IEM was also referred to as his own take on 'something' new/different. He said the reason for his naming is that he didn't want people to expect too much, and customers should audition the IEM themselves rather than looking forward to a specific sound signature based on its name. 

The new Gatling and the 3D printed Aya (which he has made several pairs for some people) are not officially released apparently so no 3D printed CIEM yet. 

May 12, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #3,003 of 6,693
Saw some new fitear cables on their official website. 005. Any one tried it before?

May 12, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #3,006 of 6,693
Here is the picture of Fitear's "Fitear" that I took from headphone festival.

My impression is pretty much similar to AnakChan. The bass on this model is somewhat close to MH335DW with slightly more trebles extension than MH335DW. It's not as extend as my studio reference though. We don't know what configuration this model have but I think it's definitely not a single BA.

to be exact, Suyama-san said nothing about a new CIEM, nor did he even say anything about a new universal planned for the Spring festival. In fact he mentioned nothing about a new product coming out unless you took his April fool joke seriously. 

This new fitear IEM was also referred to as his own take on 'something' new/different. He said the reason for his naming is that he didn't want people to expect too much, and customers should audition the IEM themselves rather than looking forward to a specific sound signature based on its name. 

The new Gatling and the 3D printed Aya (which he has made several pairs for some people) are not officially released apparently so no 3D printed CIEM yet. 

I ask one of the Fitear's employee about the new CIEM model and they said that they are working on the new one but can't say anything about it yet.

Quote:
Has anyone gotten their SR back yet?
Am curious to see if theres any visible damage to the shell finishing made by the mod.

I got mine back about 6 weeks ago. You won't see any damage to the shell finishing because they will have to redo the finishing again at least in my case. Any scratch on my shell is gone. 

May 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #3,007 of 6,693
  Here is the picture of Fitear's "Fitear" that I took from headphone festival.

My impression is pretty much similar to AnakChan. The bass on this model is somewhat close to MH335DW with slightly more trebles extension than MH335DW. It's not as extend as my studio reference though. We don't know what configuration this model have but I think it's definitely not a single BA.

I ask one of the Fitear's employee about the new CIEM model and they said that they are working on the new one but can't say anything about it yet.

I got mine back about 6 weeks ago. You won't see any damage to the shell finishing because they will have to redo the finishing again at least in my case. Any scratch on my shell is gone. 

Are the new fitear's able to produce the same highs as that of the TG334? I'm somewhat worried since the 334 is borderline dark sounding to me.

And any chance you got the name of the new CIEM? In his tweets Suyama san said that they are the Aya, but no additional info given besides the fact that they're 2 bores & 3d printed.

May 12, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #3,008 of 6,693
  Are the new fitear's able to produce the same highs as that of the TG334? I'm somewhat worried since the 334 is borderline dark sounding to me.

And any chance you got the name of the new CIEM? In his tweets Suyama san said that they are the Aya, but no additional info given besides the fact that they're 2 bores & 3d printed.

Sonically, I thought it provided sufficient details, but looking at the graphs, it is very rolled off on the high end.  I'm not sure if these measurements had bad simulations as I noticed these are sensitive to seal and insertion depth.  I would feel more relieved if I can see more treble extension on a graph.  Not that sound is graph.  
normal_smile .gif
 I do love the sweet mids of the 334 which is very addicting for vocals.

May 12, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #3,009 of 6,693

I hadn't demoed TG334 for very long long time. Compare to my MH335DWSR, which I consider it warm and dark, I would say that the new model is kind of brighter. Trebles might not as sparkle and extend as SR but it's definitely better than DW.

About the new CIEM, that's all the info I have.

May 12, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #3,010 of 6,693
  Sonically, I thought it provided sufficient details, but looking at the graphs, it is very rolled off on the high end.  I'm not sure if these measurements had bad simulations as I noticed these are sensitive to insertion and depth.  I would feel more relieved if I can see more treble extension on a graph.  Not that sound is graph.  
normal_smile%20.gif
 I do love the sweet mids of the 334 which is very addicting for vocals.

Well since playlists consist of mostly Jpop & anime songs I prefer to have more top end extension. Too bad the Monet is out of the question.

Those graphs are supposed to be measured with stock tips at reference plane or few mm away from ref plane, which are not favorable in the TG334's case. 

May 12, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #3,011 of 6,693
  I hadn't demoed TG334 for very long long time. Compare to my MH335DWSR, which I consider it warm and dark, I would say that the new model is kind of brighter. Trebles might not as sparkle and extend as SR but it's definitely better than DW.

About the new CIEM, that's all the info I have.

Now that's relieving. Thanks for sharing. 

May 16, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #3,013 of 6,693
Hey guys I would like to know which are the main differences between the MH335DW and the C435. I will try the demos before deciding obviously but I would like to hear your opinions too. Also is it possible of buying them in Japan and go for them days later at the store? (I don't have an address there and I don't know if I could use one from a hotel) Thank you in advance.

May 16, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #3,014 of 6,693
If I were to summarise quickly, personally I'd say the 435 is more tonally balanced to mid-centric whereas the 335DW is more bass/mid with a neutral treble (some would say treble roll-off but not IMHO).

Others feel free to correct me.

May 16, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #3,015 of 6,693
If I were to summarise quickly, personally I'd say the 435 is more tonally balanced to mid-centric whereas the 335DW is more bass/mid with a neutral treble (some would say treble roll-off but not IMHO).

Others feel free to correct me.

I'd say the 435s were marginally more treble-centric than mid-centric. But the definite biggest difference between the 2 models would be the way they produce bass. The 335s have a significant increase in quantity of bass over the 435s - with the bass sounding a bit more bloated than the 435s to me.

Where are you located Slaval? The current waiting period for a pair of Fitear CIEMs is close to 2 months, so I wouldn't count on you being able to go to Japan and get them in such a short period of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back