The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Apr 22, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #2,688 of 6,694
I have my choice fixed on FitEar now. I have OCD so if there were any (slight) imperfections I would go mental, especially at this price point. I understand since they are hand made the fit & finish will not be perfect but I expect close to it. So far FitEar is the only manufacturer with almost immaculate build quality, plus another member told me that they are revising their connector despite it already being very durable, seems like the only way to go in my case. Will just have to figure out the right time to vacate in Japan :s.

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #2,689 of 6,694
The 435 sounds like what you want.

What is the difference between the 435 and the 335 technically and tonally? 

There is quite a large difference between them, 435 might sound like a HD800, the 335DW on the other hand sounds somewhat like a TH900.

I guess those some what describes their general sound direction.

Too lazy to actually write down an essay each on my phone.

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #2,693 of 6,694
Btw, do you guys think 335DW has more clarity than Parterre while still being more forgiving than c435?

Why not give it a try, you are in Hong Kong right?

If so, reason not to.

435 and 335DW are both 5 Drivers but at different places.

4 way 3 unit 5 drivers, 2 high (1 high, 1 extra high?) 2 mid 1 bass drivers
3 way 3 unit 5 drivers, 1 high 2 mid 2 bass drivers

Not 100% certain on the 435 though.

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #2,694 of 6,694
I am looking for an IEM that has the following attributes in order of importance (the fist being the most):

Detailed (+ fast)
Transparent
3D Soundstage (+ imaging)
Coherent
Analytical
Liquid
Neutral

Do any of FitEars offerings help here?

While fitears are very good, I personally don't think any of them are exactly neutral.

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #2,695 of 6,694
While fitears are very good, I personally don't think any of them are exactly neutral.

Agreed, Sutjahjo. I think the most neutral is the C435, with slightly sweeter mids.

Apr 23, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #2,698 of 6,694
So I have been doing some research on BA drivers. It seems to be a case of the more the merrier. What strikes me is as to why FitEar does not use multiple drivers for each frequency band. So far to my recollection they only employ the use of dual drivers for two with the remaining frequency (high, low or mid) stuck with just a single BA. Does anyone think FitEar will create IEMs that use multiple drivers for each frequency range?

I also stumbled upon an article depicting how to go about solving this. I know it is not just about shear gimmicky numbers, but implementing more BA drivers in an IEM design helps reduce the work load that each has to deal with, making the sound more effortless resulting in improved detail retrieval. I do not own any BA IEMs but am just explaining what if have researched. What are your thoughts?

Article: http://cymbacavum.com/2014/03/26/sonions-acupass-technology-making-things-easier-for-everyone/

Apr 23, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #2,699 of 6,694
So I have been doing some research on BA drivers. It seems to be a case of the more the merrier. 

This a misconception.  UERM uses only 3 drivers, and it's reference level, and sounds fantastic.  Number of drivers does not equate to better SQ.  ER4 uses one BA, and according to lots of people it's very accurate.

Although roxanne uses 12 drivers, it's still 3-way crossovers.  

Apr 23, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #2,700 of 6,694
So I have been doing some research on BA drivers. It seems to be a case of the more the merrier. What strikes me is as to why FitEar does not use multiple drivers for each frequency band. So far to my recollection they only employ the use of dual drivers for two with the remaining frequency (high, low or mid) stuck with just a single BA. Does anyone think FitEar will create IEMs that use multiple drivers for each frequency range?

I also stumbled upon an article depicting how to go about solving this. I know it is not just about shear gimmicky numbers, but implementing more BA drivers in an IEM design helps reduce the work load that each has to deal with, making the sound more effortless resulting in improved detail retrieval. I do not own any BA IEMs but am just explaining what if have researched. What are your thoughts?

Article: http://cymbacavum.com/2014/03/26/sonions-acupass-technology-making-things-easier-for-everyone/

Which is why, Lukalop, you have to go and listen to some IEMs. Rather than do a desktop theoretical analysis. Numbers don't always add up. Implementation is key. 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back