The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Apr 21, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #2,679 of 6,694
They are more or less the same price.

I'm not sure about the prices now but that certainly wasn't true when I got mine around this time last year which I detailed my experience here in this very thread many pages back. Jaben is the most expensive by a fairly sizable margin out of the 3 shops which sells FitEar. I would definitely shop around first for the best deal which works best for you. To be fair, the main advantage for buying at Jaben is that they will also do the ear impression for you in the shop, so less hassle of booking for an audiotologist and all that.

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #2,680 of 6,694

They are more or less the same price.

I'm not sure about the prices now but that certainly wasn't true when I got mine around this time last year which I detailed my experience here in this very thread many pages back. Jaben is the most expensive by a fairly sizable margin out of the 3 shops which sells FitEar. I would definitely shop around first for the best deal which works best for you. To be fair, the main advantage for buying at Jaben is that they will also do the ear impression for you in the shop, so less hassle of booking for an audiotologist and all that.

Is there any bargain price when you shop for Fitear across the three shops?

I just did a quick check on the web, seems the price are the same for the three shops (e.g. MH335DW costs HKD16800, 16600 if you are VIP member of Mingo). DMA and Mingo will need to do the ear impression by another audiologist, where Jaben will do the impression for free. In that case, Jaben seems to be the cheapest place to buy the Fitear CIEM. I remember I did ask for the prices across the three shops when I bought my MH335DW last year, and the prices are the same as what was posted on the web....

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #2,681 of 6,694

I just did a quick check on the web, seems the price are the same for the three shops (e.g. MH335DW costs HKD16800, 16600 if you are VIP member of Mingo). DMA and Mingo will need to do the ear impression by another audiologist, where Jaben will do the impression for free. In that case, Jaben seems to be the cheapest place to buy the Fitear CIEM. I remember I did ask for the prices across the three shops when I bought my MH335DW last year, and the prices are the same as what was posted on the web....

When I bought at DMA, the price was 15500 HKD, ear impression was 300 HKD, so total was 15800 HKD. 1000HKD cheaper than Jaben. :) I also bought with a friend, so that's two pairs of 335 on the spot and a good business case for them to just give a bit of discount when I told them Jaben wasn't willing to discount.

The yen is even weaker than when I bought it (it's around 7.5HKD to 100yen, when I bought it it was slightly over 8HKD to 100yen), so I think it is worth bargaining for a good price.

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #2,682 of 6,694

When I bought at DMA, the price was 15500 HKD, ear impression was 300 HKD, so total was 15800 HKD. 1000HKD cheaper than Jaben.
smily_headphones1.gif
I also bought with a friend, so that's two pairs of 335 on the spot and a good business case for them to just give a bit of discount when I told them Jaben wasn't willing to discount.

The yen is even weaker than when I bought it (it's around 7.5HKD to 100yen, when I bought it it was slightly over 8HKD to 100yen), so I think it is worth bargaining for a good price.

Damn, you got a good deal with DMA at that time then
basshead.gif

But anyway, even given the price difference, I will still choose Jaben since I trust Derek in his profession of making Fitear impressions
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #2,683 of 6,694
The shops are like within 5 minutes walking distance of each other anyway, really doesn't hurt to go ask around.

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #2,684 of 6,694
I am looking for an IEM that has the following attributes in order of importance (the fist being the most):

Detailed (+ fast)
Transparent
3D Soundstage (+ imaging)
Coherent
Analytical
Liquid
Neutral

Do any of FitEars offerings help here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back