The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Apr 19, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #2,656 of 6,700
  So I've found a contact in Japan who will act as a proxy for me in ordering a pair of customs. The question is...

FitEar C435

FitEar MH335DW

or the new Canal Works CW-L51....

hooray for Japanese unobtanium : )

Nice job. I'm guessing you send your impressions through your "broker"/proxy there.

I had a listen to the MH335DW and had a quick chat to the FitEar chaps at the Headphone Show. The MH335DW is pretty much the same as the 334 and the DW doesn't actually extend the bass (or if it does, not that much) but it does tighten it more than the TG!334. The issue was the price as it was double of the TG!334 (on that day at least, since the TG!334 was on special on that day).

Didn't try the C435 nor the Canal Works CW-L51.

But I thought they do no accept outside 3rd party impressions and the impressions must be done by FitEar or their own dealers who have been trained to do them? At least this is my understanding. 

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #2,657 of 6,700
I on the other hand don't find the 335 too bassy at all. It's quite well balanced and natural with a slight bit of emphasis, depth and extension at the lower frequencies. Bass-heavy tracks will sound bassy, while non-bassy tracks just gain that nice (for me) sense of weight. Then again, I'm a TH-900 owner, so I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

I've not heard the UERM, but someone I know who does own both the UERM and 335DW says the UERM is more clinical and possibly more accurate, but it's a bit thin sounding compared to the 335. I suppose it's a matter of what you're more familiar with. If you're coming from a 335 and like it, then the UERM might sound too anorexic. If you're used to the UERM, then the 335 might sound a bit bloaty.

Boy, am I glad someone shares the same impression as me on the 335. I just do not find it bassy at all. At least it is not bassy until it is "muddy" sounding like some iems. The details are there and the depth is really nice. For me, there aren't many iems out there currently that can equal or better the 335.

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #2,659 of 6,700
I believe that solely applies for a specific model, not the entire MH lineup.

Nah they could do it because they had "special" contacts. And plus this is before fitear cracked down on security.

Apr 19, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #2,661 of 6,700
I believe that solely applies for a specific model, not the entire MH lineup.
Nah they could do it because they had "special" contacts. And plus this is before fitear cracked down on security.
Yea this really sucks. It seems the only way you can get them is to take a trip to asia yourself.

So can we have someone get it from us in Japan using our impressions that we send to our contact in Japan. (Non FitEar impressions, just a normal one from the audiologist).

Apr 19, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #2,662 of 6,700
I believe impressions either have to be done by a jaben or at fitear. But for non Asia area locals, some have traveled to Asia and visited a jaben for impressions and then had a local living friend post them on once complete.

Apr 19, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #2,663 of 6,700
For foreigners wondering about how to get fitears, you could email fitear in English. I've done it before and gotten a response before.

Apr 19, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #2,664 of 6,700
For foreigners wondering about how to get fitears, you could email fitear in English. I've done it before and gotten a response before.

I've already emailed them a couple of weeks ago and this is the reply I got (translated via google):

"We are not prepared to sell products directly to you. 
We have already started a few years ago ready to sell our products in Europe, 
But there are still many problems to be solved, so not to start. 
When our products in the European market, we will inform of our website. 

Inconvenience, please forgive me."

AND

"If you are interested in purchasing FitEar products, please contact our Authorized Resellers."

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #2,665 of 6,700
I asked them if I could just stay in japan for a couple of days but have them ship to a friend living in Japan and they politely rejected me. Oh well. I still have Jaben hk to look forward to.

Apr 20, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #2,666 of 6,700
I've already emailed them a couple of weeks ago and this is the reply I got (translated via google):

[COLOR=222222]"We are not prepared to sell products directly to you. [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]We have already started a few years ago ready to sell our products in Europe, [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]But there are still many problems to be solved, so not to start. [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]When our products in the European market, we will inform of our website. [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]Inconvenience, please forgive me."[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]
[/COLOR]

AND

"[COLOR=222222]If you are interested in purchasing [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]FitEar[/COLOR][COLOR=222222] products, please contact our Authorized Resellers."[/COLOR]

What problems have to be solved, is the consensus from this message that they will sell abroad in the future?

Apr 20, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #2,667 of 6,700
What problems have to be solved, is the consensus from this message that they will sell abroad in the future?

I guess maybe some legal/license/tax issues etc related to the EU? Glad I am in Asia regions... 
gs1000.gif

Apr 21, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #2,668 of 6,700
I guess maybe some legal/license/tax issues etc related to the EU? Glad I am in Asia regions... :gs1000smile:

The EU is highly regulated by the European Commission in Brussels. Legal and regulatory minefield. Yes, glad to be in Asia! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back