The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Mar 23, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #2,461 of 6,700
Here is my impression on "Studio Reference".

I had been demoed SR several times but this is the first time with perfect seal. The first thing that I notice is that trebles are extended further that standard model. Trebles rolloff that many people consider it to be a weak point of MH335DW is now much better. The other area that I notice is bass. SR give you better resolution in sub bass region. The quality of bass improve while the quantity of bass is pretty similar to standard version. Soundstage is pretty much the same. Mids are still the epic of SR but the improvement of trebles make it feel less mid forward. 

Overall I feel that SR is quite an improvement over MH335DW. 

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #2,462 of 6,700
Here is my impression on "Studio Reference".

I had been demoed SR several times but this is the first time with perfect seal. The first thing that I notice is that trebles are extended further that standard model. Trebles rolloff that many people consider it to be a weak point of MH335DW is now much better. The other area that I notice is bass. SR give you better resolution in sub bass region. The quality of bass improve while the quantity of bass is pretty similar to standard version. Soundstage is pretty much the same. Mids are still the epic of SR but the improvement of trebles make it feel less mid forward. 

Overall I feel that SR is quite an improvement over MH335DW. 

Now you make me feel like the 335DW sound like crap :D
Curious have you ever asked if Fitear would make you an SR version from scratch instead of modifying, since its proven that your ears can fit the mod?
Any new signs of imperfection made to the shell as a result of the mod?

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #2,463 of 6,700
You make me feel like my 335DW sound like crap
biggrin.gif

Curious have you ever asked if Fitear would make you an SR unit from scratch instead of modifying, since its proven now that your ears can fit the mod?
Any new signs of imperfection made to the shell as a result of the mod?

I never ask them but, theoretically, it is possible for them to build my SR from scratch if I happen to loss my current SR.

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #2,466 of 6,700
  I would say that it make SR feel a little brighter. It's been a year since I sold my TG334, so I couldn't remember what its sound like any more. 

I'm still waiting for Suyama-san to contact me on when I can drop my 335 into his clinic for the upgrade :frowning2:. I've sent him PMs but he's been busy travelling. When I do get it, I'd be able to do a comparison to my TG!334.

But based on what I tried at the Fujiya event last month, the universal demo MH335DW-SR was closer to the TG!334 (which is still one of my fav) but with greater soundstage & depth.

Meanwhile there seems to be some activity going on on Suyama-san's Twitter. :-
1) Looks like there's a new cable #029 coming out. It's only a pix with no details but I'm going to guess it's some kind of silver or silver/gold mix.

2) There's also a MH D335DW Studio Reference D-series where the 1st D stands for Double. This is a new 335DW SR variant.

I'd really like to be able to have a chat with Suyama-san but seems it's not easy to get hold of him.

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #2,467 of 6,700
  1) Looks like there's a new cable #029 coming out. It's only a pix with no details but I'm going to guess it's some kind of silver or silver/gold mix.

2) There's also a MH D335DW Studio Reference D-series where the 1st D stands for Double. This is a new 335DW SR variant.

1) Any idea how does FitEar's numbering system for cables works?

2) So it's the Double335DoubleWoofer?!! That's a lot of doubles. Might as well call it the FitEar Doppelganger.

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #2,468 of 6,700

I'm still waiting for Suyama-san to contact me on when I can drop my 335 into his clinic for the upgrade :frowning2:. I've sent him PMs but he's been busy travelling. When I do get it, I'd be able to do a comparison to my TG!334.

But based on what I tried at the Fujiya event last month, the universal demo MH335DW-SR was closer to the TG!334 (which is still one of my fav) but with greater soundstage & depth.

Meanwhile there seems to be some activity going on on Suyama-san's Twitter. :-

I'd really like to be able to have a chat with Suyama-san but seems it's not easy to get hold of him.

YES..time to start saving!

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #2,469 of 6,700
  While there seems to be some activity going on on Suyama-san's Twitter. :-

This is exciting :)

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #2,470 of 6,700

1) Any idea how does FitEar's numbering system for cables works?

2) So it's the Double335DoubleWoofer?!! That's a lot of doubles. Might as well call it the FitEar Doppelganger.

1) Unfortunately no I don't. So far they seem random to me too.
2) I'm also particularly curious on what the first Double is and of course, how it sounds like!

Fitear is definitely not sitting idly!!

Mar 27, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #2,473 of 6,700
  Maybe the double meant they are joining the drivers race.

It seems April Fool seems to start early for some and I fell for it!

Mar 27, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #2,474 of 6,700
Well talking about Suyuma-san's twitter...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back