The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Mar 16, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #2,447 of 6,700
Care to expand upon that statement?

I think many people already commented on this subject, I have not much things to add on it.

I can tell, I prefer the quality of handcrafted, precisely checked, well worked products rather than mass production from machines according to some blueprints etc.

In my humble opinion, machine built iems are not able to catch experienced hands when it comes to produce a product.

It is not just ear monitoring. Look at the car industry. The story is the same. Even on stitches of the seats, handmade ones are more valuable then machine/robots job. The quality and luxury comes with the experienced and well trained human effort not with machines.

Mar 16, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #2,448 of 6,700
I think many people already commented on this subject, I have not much things to add on it.

I can tell, I prefer the quality of handcrafted, precisely checked, well worked products rather than mass production from machines according to some blueprints etc.

In my humble opinion, machine built iems are not able to catch experienced hands when it comes to produce a product.

It is not just ear monitoring. Look at the car industry. The story is the same. Even on stitches of the seats, handmade ones are more valuable then machine/robots job. The quality and luxury comes with the experienced and well trained human effort not with machines.

Lukalop, at the end of the day, it's really about the sound: if you prefer the signature of a Shure as opposed to a Fitear, then that is that. Have you tried the Fitear demos? If you haven't, then you should give it a try. :)

Mar 16, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #2,449 of 6,700
Just saying, Lukalop, if you are from London. Chances of getting a FitEar custom in London without going overseas is pretty difficult.

Mar 16, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #2,450 of 6,700

I understand, enlightening explanation.

Mar 16, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #2,451 of 6,700
Do you think this is acceptable. I have never heard a report where Shure SE's have air bubbles in them. And they are a lot cheaper..

To be honest, my MH335DW has both air bubble and other defects.

Here are some pictures:

Those are some bubbles and separation between shell and filing resin. There are more surface crack of lacquer finished on both side too. I don't mind having some defects as long as those defects are not affect the sound quality and structure of the shell.

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #2,452 of 6,700
Does anyone have any impressions from using a Fitear with the AK 240? How's the synergy with the neutral sig? Thanks!

Mar 22, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #2,455 of 6,700
Sounds excellent to me. I like the clarity and natural sound from the AK240 on my Fitears. For me, it is definitely one level above the AK120.

Thanks for the feedback, AlanYWM! :)

Mar 22, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #2,456 of 6,700
My studio reference just arrive. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #2,457 of 6,700
Mar 23, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #2,458 of 6,700
Last time I checked my 1964 triples, they had some sort of a metal tubing on the one of the two bores.

I have a question for yall, I'm in the states and was wondering if I can order Fitear CIEM to be delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back