The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Feb 16, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #2,146 of 6,694
Did you try the other demos, Pekingduck? Yes, they do cost a pretty penny, don't they? But this far, I have no regrets in respect of any of my customs.

I usually call everything overpriced  but I would still bite the bullet for the Fitear CIEM expensive price tag if I have a chance to do over.... they are really great for outdoor use, when every little detail matters in order to enjoy music on the streets.... I walked on the busiest street of Hong Kong and I was so immersed in music (at the risk of getting ran over by cars...)...

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #2,147 of 6,694
Did you try the other demos, Pekingduck? Yes, they do cost a pretty penny, don't they? But this far, I have no regrets in respect of any of my customs.

Yeah I also tried the C435 and the TG334.

The C435 sounded really bad, like the complete opposite of what others say. I found the shape of the demo unit really odd... I guess I just didn't get a good fit.

I kind of liked the TG334. Mids were interesting with some coloration and tiny reverberation. Mid bass was FAT! I didn't hear much sub bass though, not sure if it's supposed to be like that.

I wonder if you (or anyone) have heard the UERM? Am really curious how it fares against the 435 at half the price lol.

Feb 16, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #2,148 of 6,694

The C435 sounded really bad, like the complete opposite of what others say. I found the shape of the demo unit really odd... I guess I just didn't get a good fit.

I kind of liked the TG334. Mids were interesting with some coloration and tiny reverberation. Mid bass was FAT! I didn't hear much sub bass though, not sure if it's supposed to be like that.

I wonder if you (or anyone) have heard the UERM? Am really curious how it fares against the 435 at half the price lol.

Hmmm... that is surprising. I have heard persons trying the demo for the 435 in Singapore. Of course, I had demoed on Wilson's personal 435. So, I suspect something is wrong with the demo sets that have been sent to Jaben.

The one to try, in my view, is the MH 334 which is much tighter than the TG, both in the treble extension and its bass. 

I haven't heard the UERM myself. Sorry. :)

Feb 16, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #2,149 of 6,694

I usually call everything overpriced  but I would still bite the bullet for the Fitear CIEM expensive price tag if I have a chance to do over.... they are really great for outdoor use, when every little detail matters in order to enjoy music on the streets.... I walked on the busiest street of Hong Kong and I was so immersed in music (at the risk of getting ran over by cars...)...

To add to CHG's experience, I use my Fitear CIEMs when I fly. From the 35 minute hop North all the way to 24 hour flights to NYC. Always fantastic in ensuring I experience all the nuances while allowing me to keep my music down at a safe volume.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #2,150 of 6,694

Hmmm... that is surprising. I have heard persons trying the demo for the 435 in Singapore. Of course, I had demoed on Wilson's personal 435. So, I suspect something is wrong with the demo sets that have been sent to Jaben.

The one to try, in my view, is the MH 334 which is much tighter than the TG, both in the treble extension and its bass. 

I actually kinda partially agree with pekingduck about the 435's. I won't say it sounded really bad but it wasn't my taste. It's definitely more tonally balanced than the 335 but to me overall staging also sounds smaller and the tonal signature (for some strange reason??) reminds me a little bit like the 535. Last weekend was the 2nd time I heard the 435's at the Fujiya store (the first being some time last year with V0).

Also do you hear more treble extension in the MH334 over the TG!334? That's rather interesting 'cos to me there's less. A friend of mine has the MH334 and it kinda fits in my ear (I have to hold it in to get a perfect seal) and naturally he could try my TG!334. We both unanimously agreed that the TG!334 has a greater treble extension whilst the MH334 had better imaging. We speculate the treble extension on the TG!334 is due to the titanium tubes which the MH334 lacks.

This is actually one of the reasons why I'm really looking forward to the MH335DWSR - crossing my fingers that titanium tubes can be fitted into my particular CIEM.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #2,151 of 6,694
I actually kinda partially agree with pekingduck about the 435's. I won't say it sounded really bad but it wasn't my taste. It's definitely more tonally balanced than the 335 but to me overall staging also sounds smaller and the tonal signature (for some strange reason??) reminds me a little bit like the 535. Last weekend was the 2nd time I heard the 435's at the Fujiya store (the first being some time last year with V0).

Also do you hear more treble extension in the MH334 over the TG!334? That's rather interesting 'cos to me there's less. A friend of mine has the MH334 and it kinda fits in my ear (I have to hold it in to get a perfect seal) and naturally he could try my TG!334. We both unanimously agreed that the TG!334 has a greater treble extension whilst the MH334 had better imaging. We speculate the treble extension on the TG!334 is due to the titanium tubes which the MH334 lacks.

This is actually one of the reasons why I'm really looking forward to the MH335DWSR - crossing my fingers that titanium tubes can be fitted into my particular CIEM.

Agreed on the balanced sound on the 435. Yes, if you like the sound sig of the 335, the 435 may not suit you as much. That's the reason why I have not pulled the trigger on the 335: the bass does not suit me. I have listened to the 335 quite a few times at Jaben. And I have yet to be convinced. :)

As for the treble on the MH334, apologies if I was ambiguous. I do not mean the trebles are more extended. However, I do feel they are more controlled. Compared to the MH334, I felt the TG334 was more exuberant while the MH334 was more controlled.

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #2,152 of 6,694
I think the varying impressions has to do with the different sources used.
To me, the TG334 on the iPhone sounds like a beast. Alot of fun in the bass region. Wherea its more tamed and refined on PHA-2, bass presents itself only when needed but does not have as much impact.

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #2,153 of 6,694

Different CIEMs to me. I've tried both, though only the demo sets, a number of times.  

I don't normally like flat and neutral iems but I do like the UERM. Quite a lot actually. It's not as clinical as the ES3x though both are neutral iems. 

The 435 I think has a slight mid emphasis as well as doing treble really well? Not a flat signature. 

Sorry I'm not very good at describing what I hear.

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #2,154 of 6,694
I actually like C435 a lot because of the clariry this CIEM brings and its non-fatiguing sound signature. Right amount of everything. I would consider these as "reference" for myself.

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #2,155 of 6,694
  Different CIEMs to me. I've tried both, though only the demo sets, a number of times.  

I don't normally like flat and neutral iems but I do like the UERM. Quite a lot actually. It's not as clinical as the ES3x though both are neutral iems. 

The 435 I think has a slight mid emphasis as well as doing treble really well? Not a flat signature. 

Sorry I'm not very good at describing what I hear.

Thanks that's very useful! I liked the UERM a lot, too.

I actually like C435 a lot because of the clariry this CIEM brings and its non-fatiguing sound signature. Right amount of everything. I would consider these as "reference" for myself.

Ok I need to find another place for another audition 
cool.gif

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #2,156 of 6,694

Kiats, who is Uncle Wilson? I often see on Singapore board, just curious how come his custom 435 can be used for audition..

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #2,157 of 6,694
Kiats, who is Uncle Wilson? I often see on Singapore board, just curious how come his custom 435 can be used for audition..
Uncle Wilson is Mr. Jaben himself.

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #2,158 of 6,694
Ok I need to find another place for another audition :cool:

The demo unit (C435) was a bit weird to get the right fit and do these phones justice whereas the 335 demo would often sound more impressive. to be honest, there was a leap of faith for my purchase based on my previous experience of their universals which all are high quality and good advice I've learnt from this board. I was getting a rough idea of the SS n felt these are closer to what I always look for in sound. The finished product did not disappoint me a bit.
If Suyama-san reads this board, he should consider to re-do these demo units.

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #2,160 of 6,694

Users who are viewing this thread

Back