The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Oct 30, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #2,762 of 3,613
Quote:
that makes Fiio X3 very nice indeed, light weight, not bigger then Nokia 6300.

Actually the size of X3 according to the last picture of final design posted by James (feiao) gives a hint on a real size. Few pages ago James posted a picture with final design of X3 lying next to an iPhone 4. Estimates that width and height wise X3 is 8% and 4% less than iPhone 4 dimensions. Also James told that thickness of X3 is same as Alpen E17 and that is 15.2mm. So after calculations we have following dimensions for X3: Width - 54mm, Height - 110mm, Thickness - 15.2mm. But hey, this is just my personal observation and can have nothing in common with real product.

Go Fiio! 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 30, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #2,763 of 3,613
Quote:
Quote:
that makes Fiio X3 very nice indeed, light weight, not bigger then Nokia 6300.

Actually the size of X3 according to the last picture of final design posted by James (feiao) gives a hint on a real size. Few pages ago James posted a picture with final design of X3 lying next to an iPhone 4. That estimates that width and height wise X3 is 8% and 4% less than iPhone 4 dimensions. Also James told that thickness of X3 is same as Alpen E17 and that is 15.2mm. So after calculations we have following dimensions for X3: Width - 54mm, Height - 110mm, Thickness - 15.2mm. But hey, this is just my personal observation and can have nothing in common with real product.

Go Fiio! 
rolleyes.gif

Nice one Alexander, no matter what Fiio X3 will be a small and slim DAC.

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #2,764 of 3,613
Quote:

Actually the size of X3 according to the last picture of final design posted by James (feiao) gives a hint on a real size. Few pages ago James posted a picture with final design of X3 lying next to an iPhone 4. Estimates that width and height wise X3 is 8% and 4% less than iPhone 4 dimensions. Also James told that thickness of X3 is same as Alpen E17 and that is 15.2mm. So after calculations we have following dimensions for X3: Width - 54mm, Height - 110mm, Thickness - 15.2mm. But hey, this is just my personal observation and can have nothing in common with real product.

Go Fiio! 
rolleyes.gif

the final size is 109mm×55mm×17mm. sorry the thickness is added a little so we can put a bigger battery inside. noted, anything is possible till we really release our X3.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 31, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #2,765 of 3,613
Quote:

the final size is 109mm×55mm×17mm. sorry the thickness is added a little so we can put a bigger battery inside. noted, anything is possible till we really release our X3.

beerchug.gif
 thats fine for me, as long as under 20mm ...  bigger battry means longer
gs1000.gif
 rights ? niceee....

wait.... when i see those pic again (X3) , is that album art? 
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #2,766 of 3,613
The indication that it will have gapless playback has really put this on the top of my wish list.
Line out, digital out, great codec coverage, and gapless playback: bingo

If sound quality is up to S:flo2, this is gonna be my reference portable DAP

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #2,767 of 3,613
The note about the larger battery is promising - again, they seem to be taking constructive criticism the right way. Very, very cool of them.

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #2,768 of 3,613
Quote:
The note about the larger battery is promising - again, they seem to be taking constructive criticism the right way. Very, very cool of them.

+1.

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #2,769 of 3,613

And this is why I'm sold on it. I don't really even worry about it getting Rockbox. Straight out-o-the-box it'll be what I want,...and that's excellent!!! :cool:

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #2,771 of 3,613
Haven't seen another brand to work so hard with their head-fi customers.  Seriously, how can we ask for more ? Almost every suggestion was counted and implemented as possible (DAC+Amp, pocket size, buttons, ~15h battery, gapless UI, High-Res, external memory, affordable price)... If everything goes right, than we'll have our ultimate affordable jeans-pocket HiFi DAP. I predict huge commercial success. Remember Teclast T51 story ? And that was a piece of unpolished hardware in comparison..  

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #2,772 of 3,613
Quote:
Haven't seen another brand to work so hard with their head-fi customers.  Seriously, how can we ask for more ? Almost every suggestion was counted and implemented as possible (DAC+Amp, pocket size, buttons, ~15h battery, gapless UI, High-Res, external memory, affordable price)... If everything goes right, than we'll have our ultimate affordable jeans-pocket HiFi DAP. I predict huge commercial success. Remember Teclast T51 story ? And that was a piece of unpolished hardware in comparison..  

You've said it so well.
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #2,774 of 3,613
Quote:

Teclast sold hardly any t51's btw the number is supposedly shockingly low.  Like really really really low.

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #2,775 of 3,613
FiiO does have a very good connection and relationship with this (and probably other) online communities. AWESOME.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back