The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Oct 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #2,641 of 3,613
All that 192khz/24 talk make me smile. Guys, are you THAT serious gonna use those files on a portable player ? It's kind of ridiculous. Even 96/24 on a DAP is overkill. Calm down. I'll be a happy head-fi-er if Fiio manages to make a Teclast T51 reincarnation, with better battery and U.I. , never needed actually that High-Res stuff, especially on portable rig. 

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #2,642 of 3,613
Quote:
All that 192khz/24 talk make me smile. Guys, are you THAT serious gonna use those files on a portable player ? It's kind of ridiculous. Even 96/24 on a DAP is overkill. Calm down. I'll be a happy head-fi-er if Fiio manages to make a Teclast T51 reincarnation, with better battery and U.I. , never needed actually that High-Res stuff, especially on portable rig. 

I agree it's not the most practical thing but I find it really does make a nice difference on my DX100 and since it's a feature I'm gonna use it since I have such files. Not saying I'm gonna forsake 16/44 because 99.9% of the time I'm gonna be listening to that anyways. Now at home its a different ball game.

Oct 20, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #2,644 of 3,613
Oct 20, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #2,645 of 3,613
This device looks really cool! If it supports ALAC and has line out then I'll be determined to get one (like first-in-line to get a new iphone determined). If it doesn't support ALAC then I might only be considering it... Still it looks to be very promising! Can't wait for the first reviews to start rolling in! Probably have to wait a while for them though... :frowning2:

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #2,646 of 3,613
good work Feiao,

smaller than expected and I like the brushed black, sign me up! its not perfect, but neither is anything else and its better than paying 3x what I want to for features that mean nothing for my uses, external volume knobs.... high output impedance and generally bad analogue design (iriver i'm looking at you)

how can I make sure I know about it as soon as released and can I buy from anyone direct? by the time its stocked in AU, as usual they will double the price, which I wont pay. I will send you PM

completely disagree re hires, I will use this as transport for not only portable, but transportable use in hotels etc, running a fully balanced es9018 dac with single zfoil resistor IV and single extremely low distortion gain stage (better than -135dB SNR and 0.00025% THD+N) headphones are hd600 or jh13... I hear a difference.

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #2,647 of 3,613
This device looks really cool! If it supports ALAC and has line out then I'll be determined to get one (like first-in-line to get a new iphone determined). If it doesn't support ALAC then I might only be considering it... Still it looks to be very promising! Can't wait for the first reviews to start rolling in! Probably have to wait a while for them though... :frowning2:

Yes, X3 supports line out and digital out, not to mention the headphone out.

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #2,648 of 3,613
Oh wow FiiO, you shall get more of my money after the E10! That looks awesome, and I have no problem lugging that around. My past 2 phones are Nokia N8 and it's true successor, 808 PV. so lugging thick electronics is of no concern with me. And it's the same size, except thickness, with the iPhone 4? That's even better!

And @qusp idea, that's a good point too. This would make a great transport for whenever I have the chance to go to Jaben to try out some more full size headphones. Been using the N8+USB+UHA4 combo, and it's pretty much a hassle, even if it's kind of okay-ish setup for a sit-down store audition.

Oct 20, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #2,650 of 3,613
Great specs, great price. This is very interesting. As always, FiiO surprises us with great for value items.

Oct 20, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #2,651 of 3,613
Shaping up to be THE Head-Fi portable player :D I think it'd be hilarious, but also very cool, if sonically this was so acceptable that head-fiers defaulted to this player as their transport/portable test station at meets, gear tests etc... 

The size isn't bad at all. I'm curious about the weight. I actually wouldn't mind some heft provided they put a large enough battery in a device that size.

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #2,653 of 3,613
According to Fiio posts on Facebook official page it is final design that will be released in March 2013. Play time will be ~15 Hours, also official info from this page. Thickness is the same as Alpen E17 and is 15.2 mm, height and width should be same as iPhone 4 comparing them in picture few posts above. Album art is present and interface looks nice. MSRP 180$  I'm sold on this, better start saving up funds.

There is just one thing to hope for and it is Bug free firmware, easy and simple menu and stable, fast, stutter free operation. Then there wouldn't appear need for rockbox. 

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #2,654 of 3,613
Quote:

There is just one thing to hope for and it is Bug free firmware, easy and simple menu and stable, fast, stutter free operation. Then there wouldn't appear need for rockbox. 

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back