The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Oct 8, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #2,146 of 3,613

Quote:
oops, the link wasn't connected...

i think this looks more sleek...

Yeah I'll agree with you there. The newer design looks a bit clunkier/brick-like, but if it was for a better battery life, I can't complain too much.

Maybe I can't help but think the old design was like the iPhone 4 (flat-ish sides, front, and back), while the newer design is like the iPhone 3GS ("rounder" back).

Oct 8, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #2,147 of 3,613
no, not from an pc ( ready for by usb), but from my cellphone:
you re mobile
you 've got 3G
you've your favorite  premium 320 kb stream radio cached on your smartphone
the dac is used as decoding the stream :
you are an (happy) audiophile mobile man..

i m not keeping music on my device, i prefer high quality jazz radio for example.
from the smartphone, using the FiiO DAC (not the analogic output) is what i m talking about...

A king of Fiio driver for android , or android special  usb DAC driver ..

one day , i hope

Oct 9, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #2,150 of 3,613
why is this thread still going, its over guys!!! stop wasting bandwidth

Oct 9, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #2,151 of 3,613

Quote:
why is this thread still going, its over guys!!! stop wasting bandwidth

Broken dreams, naked screams lol
smile.gif

Oct 9, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #2,152 of 3,613
hehe yeah i know and im one of those with the pout on my face, but some rather confusing posts do not seem to even have realized its not happening and continue to talk about which 6 month old projected chassis design they prefer =)

Oct 10, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #2,153 of 3,613
ooh, i never thout about the battery...
thank you for information :)

sadly, even enlarged battery is still too small lllorzlll
i was expecting to use x3 mainly as indoor player unit with e9, not portable player...
it is against the original purpose though......
i think my wrong expectation on x3 as indoor player was why i forgot the battery.:xf_eek:

Nov 8, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #2,155 of 3,613
Waiting for Android 4.0 may be a good decision for Fiio as they could own the whole Androic dac/amp market. I'm sure Google will be happy to support them in their little adventure.

Nov 8, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #2,156 of 3,613

Quote:
Waiting for Android 4.0 may be a good decision for Fiio as they could own the whole Androic dac/amp market. I'm sure Google will be happy to support them in their little adventure.

Isn't android generally very power-hungry though and inefficient. They still are plagued by battery life these days, at least that is what I see on most android phones.

Nov 8, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #2,157 of 3,613

Quote:
Isn't android generally very power-hungry though and inefficient. They still are plagued by battery life these days, at least that is what I see on most android phones.

Quote:

This thread is immortal!

Nov 13, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #2,160 of 3,613
I'd be willing to bet that power consumption is far more dependent on usage patterns and the high power drain of maintaining and using a 3G/4G cellular connection than Android itself.  With a DAP that will not have any wireless connection, and will have its screen off (and using little processing power) most of the time, you're looking at eliminating the biggest power drains on the device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back