The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Aug 19, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #1,951 of 3,613

Quote:
The SSD works in the 5/5.5g as well. Infact ALO even sells the ipod video with the super talent ssd in them. Alo sells the 128GB SSD IMOD with the red wine audio mod already done for 800 so the ssd does work with the 5g as well.

If you are gonna pay 60 for a cf card + buy the adapter so say that comes out to like 75 dollars or whatever thats 75 dollars for only 32gb  you can get 4x that space for only 2.5x the price and I'm pretty sure the ssd drives have a faster transfer rate than the cf cards.

On topic: Yup, X3 - go FiiO!

OK, now that's out of the way...

Yeah, I would only go for the 5/5.5g - for the Wolfson chip and the storage space. For me personally, there's a negative gut reaction to Apple products (hence the Android phone in my pocket and the PC that I'm typing on) so there has to be an exceptional reason to own one. I'm biased - and I'll gladly admit it.

As for the DIY mod options - I'm going to pass on those, at least for now. I just recently finished modding my Grado 225i, and while it was fulfilling in the end it was a LOT of work. I think I may go check out what ALO has in stock later, though. The iMod SSD option is listed as "Out Of Stock" on the website but the benefit of living here means that the brick and mortar store is only 20 minutes away. And if that doesn't pan out there's a WhipMod in the FS section that might work - assuming shipping from that far is even feasible.

Or (and now I really am back on topic) FiiO could just magically have gotten the firmware... delivered? Uploaded? Anyway, acquired the necessary firmware and announce that the X3 will be available... oh, let's say tomorrow!

Aug 19, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #1,952 of 3,613
even tho the pre made imod ssd's are sold out its super easy to install an ssd yourself (and cheaper)

you take the ribbon out the hdd put the ribbon in the ssd drive and snap the ipod back together then connect it to computer and itune auto sets up the new ssd.

Aug 19, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #1,959 of 3,613

Quote:

LOL, when I saw the new comment about the X3 thread I thought Fiio made an announcement of the successor to the X3.  Thus, I quickly clicked on the thread.
etysmile.gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #1,964 of 3,613
so its [hopefully] about 2 months away now, so any ideas on the release date?

yes i know the question keeps getting asked but im so keen and my clip+ is failing me (headphone jack is broken)

Cannot wait for it!!

Aug 24, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #1,965 of 3,613
It's sad seeing how such a promising product is having so much pre production issues. I hate seeing a good company like FiiO fall into the same problems that Meizu did with their iPhone knock offs. I just hope that this hits market before new years at this rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back