The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Jul 28, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #1,696 of 3,613

Quote:
~i will certainly not going to own 2 DAP at a time.....

Why limit yourself? I have six, and there are certainly people here with even more than that.
happy_face1.gif

Jul 28, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #1,698 of 3,613
Woah, 114 pages and this hasn't been released yet. Wonder how many it gets to untill it's released...

i'm not too bothered about this though- it doesn't have any digital out. So you can't use it with an external dac/amp setup. Some people hoped that fiio would do something like this, but obviously it wasn't to be. I've come across far too many 'similar sounding to the e7' type devices and don't need another one. But it looks like its gonna sell like hotcakes!!  

Jul 28, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #1,700 of 3,613

Quote:
Woah, 114 pages and this hasn't been released yet. Wonder how many it gets to untill it's released...

i'm not too bothered about this though- it doesn't have any digital out. So you can't use it with an external dac/amp setup. Some people hoped that fiio would do something like this, but obviously it wasn't to be. I've come across far too many 'similar sounding to the e7' type devices and don't need another one. But it looks like its gonna sell like hotcakes!!  

What are you takling about? it does have digital out.

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #1,703 of 3,613

Quote:
oh crap!

no, i meant to say usb digital out. A few devices have this such as cell phones/ tablets/ portable media players. I think even one or two hifimans do.

oh crap.  I think you are quite confused. 
blink.gif
wink.gif
 I think you mean USB digital out.  Only Nokia has phones that can extract digital via USB.  Apple from their proprietary interface if you have the right DAC to extract with.  Hifiman uses USB input to their DACs w/ coax digital out.  Not sure about any Android devices that can put out digital to any external DAC.  

Besides coax is the preferred method.  You could try reading this and other threads and learn about those arguments.  
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Jul 28, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #1,704 of 3,613
How come you sound offended?

Chill out; I said i made a mistake. I didn't mean to offend, but I guess thats the way headfi works nowadays.

Anyway, I've read into this usb interface very thoroughly thank's. And well known devices that support 'usb on the go' that includes a few tablets/few nokia phones have a capability of acting as a usb host and so output digital audio via the usb method compliant with the i^2s spec. Some android phones can work as a host also- although not officially. Just gotta make a special cable. Probably hifimans don't then, but there do exist others- even is a virtually unknown hard drive based media player that I suspect does- the persons who made it said so and i'll check this out.

Of course, yes, this fiio will have a digital coax output that you can use with dac's that have digital input. For a portable player that's pretty good as enough dacs have this input method. But then again quite a few don't (like ibasso d4, fiio e7, sparrow...). It's just that i'm only interested in the usb method.

Anyway, why am I on about this stuff:  I only posted as a few guys before posted saying that they wished this fiio would have a usb output- but obviously this wasn't to be. No real demand for it. 

And btw, stuff to do with interconnects labelling don't comprimise arguments- it's facts (well, maybe not on headfi!!).

Jul 28, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #1,705 of 3,613
I think you read some sort of 'tone' in my post.  Let me add some emoticons for you then.  
biggrin.gif

What tablets and android phones support usb output?  Links?

Bit perfect?  Low Jitter?  Asynchronous?  

It's a bit confusing when there are 4-5 different forms of digital transmission w/ various limitations despite i^2s specs and you keep saying 'digital' w/o specifying.  So it's clear now you are only talking USB.

Jul 28, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #1,706 of 3,613

Quote:
Why limit yourself? I have six, and there are certainly people here with even more than that.
happy_face1.gif

Hey! Don't try to lure more people into our excessive DAP collection fold! 
wink.gif

Right now I've got nine DAP's that I use regularely, and one that I don't take out from the house (I recently bought a second hand Creative Nomad Jukebox 3 and have it plugged into my stereo).

My music collection is bigger than the total storage capacity of my DAP's (closing in on 160GB @ LAME VBR0 and 320CBR MP3), and I enjoy the variation, so this solution works better for me than getting a 160GB iPod Classic. I've divided the music between the DAP's according to music genres.
Seven of the ten DAP's I own are second hand. If you do not mind a slightly bulky player, you can find old but good DAP's pretty cheap. For example my latest purchase, the Sony HD5, is small and really good sounding. This makes up for the monochrome screen and dull UI.

Since I do not have much space left on my other DAP's, I'm thinking of getting a Sansa Clip+. And I am also very curious about the Fiio X3. I like Fiio's products and if it is relatively cheap and sounds good, then why not? I mean, collecting DAP:s and headphones is cheaper than collecting cars or motorcycles...

Jul 28, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #1,708 of 3,613
A 3.5mm line out is the best way to go about things, as it has the most applications and can be connected to so many types of inputs.  A standard 3.5mm line out function seems like the best thing you could ever ask for.  

Jul 28, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #1,709 of 3,613

Quote:
sony is realeasing it's A860 series with SONY S-MASTER MX on the coming September ~will X3 be able to make it around that time??

i know people here is going to bomb me with all the comments saying sony's is meant for non-audiophiles and people who hav too much to spent or im here writing garbage 
but i would like to tell FEIAO that ...tis is about marketing ,for person like me ~i will certainly not going to own 2 DAP at a time.....at least give a prototype to clieos or zxxx(the hedgehog profile pic guy) to make a review to at keep our faith to wait for the production to be officially made...something like wat feiao did to the E7~

im now wondering which DAP should i get and i think a lot of people think what i think too...~

Well, they're two different things. The X3 is meant to be a multi-purpose device with the the ability to bypass the internal stuff and improve upon it. The A series DAPs are mainly do-everything-that-doesn't-need-wifi-or-Android devices. They're not exactly marketed to non-audiophiles (if they were, they would have wifi and Android without audio tweaks), but they aren't as versatile. It's impossible to gauge which one sounds better, but the main reason I'd take the X3 over the Sony is that it has an expansion slot, whereas I'd need to buy the 64GB Sony (WHICH APPARENTLY ISN'T GOING TO BE SOLD IN THE US?!) to be content.

Jul 28, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #1,710 of 3,613

Quote:

Anyway, I've read into this usb interface very thoroughly thank's. And well known devices that support 'usb on the go' that includes a few tablets/few nokia phones have a capability of acting as a usb host and so output digital audio via the usb method compliant with the i^2s spec. Some android phones can work as a host also- although not officially. Just gotta make a special cable. Probably hifimans don't then, but there do exist others- even is a virtually unknown hard drive based media player that I suspect does- the persons who made it said so and i'll check this out.

Do you expect those devices to have a better DAC than the X3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back