The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Mar 22, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #9,706 of 9,972
Hi. New x3ii owner. Is there a way to turn the screen on when pressing any button? Just like in the ipod classic, while the screen is off, pressing any button will turn the screen on. With x3 i still have to press power before i can turn the screen on.

You have the one and only correct button.

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #9,707 of 9,972
Hi. New x3ii owner. Is there a way to turn the screen on when pressing any button? Just like in the ipod classic, while the screen is off, pressing any button will turn the screen on. With x3 i still have to press power before i can turn the screen on.

Dear bluet0ps,

The screen will return on only after pressing the power button if you are using lockscreen 1. But you can switch to other lockscreen modes to so you can long press the ok button for turing on the screen again. 

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 22, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #9,711 of 9,972
What kind of hardware are folks using to mount their Fiio to say a bicycle handlebar or dashboard of a boat.

Ideally it would have both a clamp for a handlebar and accept say a 1/4 mounting screw.

I have an Altec Lansing Omni Jacket (waterproof) portable speaker that I plan on using in the boat this summer.  Paired with the Fiio, I'll have a large portion of my catalog at my finger tips which will be cool.

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #9,712 of 9,972
Fiio,
Sorry, it was you who 1st suggested about the long press center button. Thanks for that.

X3ii vs lg v10.

The most difficult decision i made recently is buying a dedicated DAP to replace my lg v10. If you've been in the lg v10 thread you will learn how good it is with all the raves over there. It truly is a great sounding smartphone, better than iphone. Well, after considering xduoo x3, x10 and other more expensive ones, i took the plunge and got this x3ii. I didn't notice immediately how good it is compared to my v10. however after more time ab'ing the two first thing i noticed was the output from the headphone out v10's max is just 100/120 of the x3ii. Then the more natural, cleaner and balanced sound of the x3ii versus the v10 is warmer, with less detailed. Happy i didn't make the wrong choice.

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #9,714 of 9,972
Fiio,
Sorry, it was you who 1st suggested about the long press center button. Thanks for that.

Actually, they weren't. They'v edited their post since I gave the correct information.

Their original post was:

"
Dear bluet0ps,

The screen will return on only after pressing the power button. But you can switch to 3 lockscreen ways to active the buttons when screen is off.

"

Mar 23, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #9,715 of 9,972
Actually, they weren't. They'v edited their post since I gave the correct information.

Their original post was:

"
[COLOR=454434]Dear bluet0ps,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=454434]The screen will return on only after pressing the power button. But you can switch to 3 lockscreen ways to active the buttons when screen is off.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=454434]"[/COLOR]

Coruius,
Why would they do that? I felt guilty for not acknowledging their post, when in fact they just edited it. Maybe somebody from FiiO might see their post so they edited to copy your post. Oh well....

Mar 23, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #9,716 of 9,972
Coruius,
Why would they do that? I felt guilty for not acknowledging their post, when in fact they just edited it. Maybe somebody from FiiO might see their post so they edited to copy your post. Oh well....

I'm sure they were just trying to correct an incomplete or incorrect posting. The FiiO support in the forums is usually excellent so I'm sure they weren't trying to trick anyone.

About the manual.. just google for it, I'm afraid I can't find it on the FiiO website. Also the manual is, I think, for the original FW. FiiO do great value for money DAPs, but don't overly worry about documentation or online support :)

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #9,717 of 9,972
I think they shoud just have made a new post. That's the reasonable thing to do since threads are conversational in nature.

Btw, i just figured out how to sync itunes with my x3ii and most especially how to create playlists. Contrary to the instruction i saw in the Fiio forum that the drive letter should be changed to A: for x3ii, what we should do is to remove all the drive letters in the song paths. I use notepro lite to batch edit all song paths in 10 sec. Hehe.

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #9,718 of 9,972
If you go to the 'about' option in the settings you can 'scroll' through a manual (on the device itself) I must add, not everything is there, but it gets you in the right direction.
Things I discovered on my own:
- Long press ↩ to instantly go to the main screen
- Long press ≡ to go to the 'now playing' instantly or when already on the 'now playing' show all track details
- Long press ≡ when browsing the albums/artist to quickly navigate to a A-Z (but mentioned it only matches the first letter, with tracks it is pointless)

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #9,719 of 9,972
The search in the X3II firmware is worthless. if you have tracks properly named with the track number first, you can only search by the first number. So trying to find a track you want is not going to work.

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #9,720 of 9,972
  Recently I bought the X3 2nd gen as a replacement for my iPod but soon after I discovered that using iTunes with the iPod always worked, and I took it for granted.
Volume Adjust, Library Index, MultiCD order, they all failed on me with the FiiO X3, sadly.

So I tried to solve every issue I encountered and managed to do so, my solution is called: FiiOSync and is Mac (and of course iTunes) only.
It is a free application for the Mac which will sync your m4a and/or mp3 library from iTunes to the FiiO and while doing so apply the correct tags for ReplayGain track/album, Multi-CD track-numbers and title/album/genre copied from iTunes.

I figured probably more people would be interested in such an application, hope it will help some who struggled with the same issue.

Hi Cybertim! great solution! it would help for sure for those who use m4a and mp3 with a Mac. Unfortunately I prefer to use FLAC and alternate programs than iTunes like Audirvana/Sonora/Amarra etc.
Do you know if there is anything that let you  sync the X3II with these apps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back