The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 1, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #7,591 of 9,972
The Muses02 chip is one of my favorites for a good reason.. Hence why I really like the Shanling M2 and I'm hoping the same will go for the M5, as they both utilize Muses8920 chips.. In my opinion, the 8920 produces a very analog sound (Natural/Organic) so it makes Timbre and the overall soundscape feel like you're in the room with the band. Which makes guitars leads and vocals pop due to the in room echoes that can now be heard vs before, there was no echo present. It sincerely has to be heard to be understood. All I can say.

The Shanling M5 seems nicely priced at $400+ on amazon.
I should consider buying one of their players in the future. Since I just got my Fiio X3ii I might as well get the E12A amp :)

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #7,592 of 9,972
Still do not just like the M2, but Love the M2, the more I use it, the more I know it for a fact. By itself.. Yes it pairs well with the iBasso D14, the Fiio Q1, and the Fiio E12A. But just by itself, it produces a wonderful sound that only gets thrown off by pairing it with an external amp/DAC.

As for the M5, I ordered it, but it isn't due to come in till April 6-21.. Only thing I hate about ordering from Japan shipping to America.. You never know when it will get to you.. Could be a couple days could be weeks..

Yes it can take awhile when ordering from Asia. I wonder where does the M3 fit in with the M2 and M5...aren't the M5 and M3 similarly priced? Maybe they are going to drop the M3 from their lineup.

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #7,593 of 9,972
The color is irrelevant at present. The silicone case is black and no longer available with the X3II. The plastic case is lousy and the leather cases cover the X3II so you don't see the color of the unit. So the only bit of color you will see if the button in the middle of the wheel.

Sadly, this is the case (no pun intended, lol) for all products nowadays.. We buy these products and find out it would be be safer to put it in a case to prevent damage. So we I case it in a case that masks the beauty of the design.. Example, smartphones, who buys an iPhone and doesn't put it in a case? The ones who don't will always result in cracked screen and dented sides.. No thank you..
But that's the world we live in.. I wish I could say otherwise.. I only used a handful of electronics without a case in these modern times.. The Fiio E12A.. Sony PSP go... Okay, less than a handful.. It's just too dangerous of a world out there.. Lol..
Nevertheless, it's comforting to know what you have underneath that case when you go to clean it or just use it at your house. When you know you will be stationary. I do the same with my iPhone 6, and Vape gear.. If I'm going to be out and about, case goes right back on..

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #7,595 of 9,972
Yes it can take awhile when ordering from Asia. I wonder where does the M3 fit in with the M2 and M5...aren't the M5 and M3 similarly priced? Maybe they are going to drop the M3 from their lineup.
yeah, it's their previous generation player, so just like the Fiio X3 and X5 first gens, they will still be available for purchase, just know that they are a Previous gen product... No to say it sounds bad.. Look at how many people still choose to buy the first gen X5.. It is a great player.. As is the Shanling M3..
Over the next year it will more than likely be phased out slowly.. No rush though, it's still a fantastic product from the spec and sound goes.. Well, at least from other M3 owners have to chime in and say about it..

Apr 1, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #7,598 of 9,972
yeah, it's their previous generation player, so just like the Fiio X3 and X5 first gens, they will still be available for purchase, just know that they are a Previous gen product... No to say it sounds bad.. Look at how many people still choose to buy the first gen X5.. It is a great player.. As is the Shanling M3..
Over the next year it will more than likely be phased out slowly.. No rush though, it's still a fantastic product from the spec and sound goes.. Well, at least from other M3 owners have to chime in and say about it..

You must have an impressive lineup of DAPs now.
smile.gif
But hey, it's you're passion. I'd never judge...I might be jealous but never judgy.

Apr 1, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #7,599 of 9,972
You must have an impressive lineup of DAPs now. :smile: But hey, it's you're passion. I'd never judge...I might be jealous but never judgy.

I did for a while.. I have finally recently sold a few of them to friends of mine. But yes, for a while I had way too many.. Some never got used unless it is to compare the two together.. It's a sick illness to have.. Lol.. It wasn't until the last couple of weeks that I have finally slowed down.. As I'm finally at the point where all the major players have already been owned too now if they are right for me or not.. I still hold the iBasso DX80, AK Jr, in high regard.. But now I know what my number one player is.. However, there are still players I recommend depending on the persons interest.. For example, the Plenue D is fantastic for tweakers, and viceral bass quantities.. Where as the Fiio X line ups are for people who just want a plug and play, no hassles player.. They do everything one can expect of a player and in an inexpensive manner. Of course, I'm a little biased towards the X3ii due to the CS4398 chip.. Personally feel like it presents information more accurately.. But, like I said, that's all subjective.. It works for me and my equipment and personally tastes for sound signature.. For others, it may be harsh or dull depending on what you're pairing it with. Of course.. I'm probably preaching to the choir on that one.. Lol..

Apr 1, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #7,600 of 9,972
  By the way, the X3 second generation is called X3II and not X3k or X3K.

Actually.. That all depends on how early you where to the party.

popcorn.gif

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #7,601 of 9,972
The Muses02 chip is one of my favorites for a good reason.. Hence why I really like the Shanling M2 and I'm hoping the same will go for the M5, as they both utilize Muses8920 chips.. In my opinion, the 8920 produces a very analog sound (Natural/Organic) so it makes Timbre and the overall soundscape feel like you're in the room with the band. Which makes guitars leads and vocals pop due to the in room echoes that can now be heard vs before, there was no echo present. It sincerely has to be heard to be understood. All I can say.

I just got my Mont Blanc FiioE12A Amp and paired with my headphone.
I got it for same day shipping for a cheap price. Anyhow, it definitely does bring out a much for the Sound. The Fiio X3ii by itself is great when I'm on the go.
But definitely when I become stationary like at a Office or at home I will have it plugged into the amp.

I believe that's how the plugs go in. Right now I'm charging the amp, and I have the Headphone into the Amp Headphone slot.
the Line out into the Line out of the player.

Actually, I see the belt, I can just tie the amp to the player for it to be portable.

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #7,602 of 9,972

I just got my Mont Blanc FiioE12A Amp and paired with my headphone.
I got it for same day shipping for a cheap price. Anyhow, it definitely does bring out a much for the Sound. The Fiio X3ii by itself is great when I'm on the go.
But definitely when I become stationary like at a Office or at home I will have it plugged into the amp.

I believe that's how the plugs go in. Right now I'm charging the amp, and I have the Headphone into the Amp Headphone slot.
the Line out into the Line out of the player.

Actually, I see the belt, I can just tie the amp to the player for it to be portable.

Yes it is connected correctly. Great combo. You will continue to like it. Stack them properly with the FiiO HS12 stacking kit.

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #7,603 of 9,972
Great combo. You will continue to like it. Stack them properly with the FiiO HS12 stacking kit.

Yeah! You are right, It's a lot better with the stacking kit. Thank goodness it comes with the Amp.

Here it is!! I put the bumper stickers where the Mount Blanc backside is . I thought frontside of the amp was a better idea to put as visible side.

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #7,604 of 9,972
Yeah! You are right, It's a lot better with the stacking kit. Thank goodness it comes with the Amp.

Here it is!! I put the bumper stickers where the Mount Blanc backside is . I thought frontside of the amp was a better idea to put as visible side.

That'll work, but here are some images of the stacking kit with the e12A (from earlier in the thread).

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #7,605 of 9,972
That'll work, but here are some images of the stacking kit with the e12A (from earlier in the thread).

Wow thanks for the pictures!!!
I tried removing the bumpers so that Fiio Amp logo is facing forward just like in the photo.
It's much more easier to change volume for me, since I have big pockets. I tend put the player from it's backside into my pockets. Then if I need to pull out the device to change the volume, the knob would be angled so I can turn up or down the volume instead of opposite direction. or something weird like that.

But that kit is pretty nice. I'm still stuck with that terrible plastic case that came with the X3ii. There was no silicon pouch :frowning2: it's not like I think we need the pouch anyways considering it's going to be married to the AMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back