The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Sep 8, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #5,658 of 9,972
  Formatting the card in the X3II is so easy and would probably eliminate 99.9% of all playback issues.  I realize folks like to have that card loaded with music prior to receiving their DAP, but in the case of any of the X series DAPs, waiting and formatting in the device will save you some headaches.  FiiO should really just put that in their instruction manual IMO.  I hope your issue is corrected with formatting.  I know it sucks to have to reload all of your music, but it should be worth it.  Good luck^^

Actually I did format all my cards in the Fiio X3ii.

Anyway I just tried a different, smaller card, an 8GB that I reserve for FW updates, and which had been formatted in the X3ii, and transferred the stuttering file to it, and there was no problem. The album (James Brown All-Time Greatest Hits 24/96 -- Good God!) played perfectly.

So there must be some corruption on my card.

Now I will re-format the problem card, a 64GB card which had also been formatted in the X3ii, and reload the files onto it. Yes, sheer drudgery.

Does there have to be a certain amount of free space on the card? It is almost full -- about 62.5 GB of files on it. Could that cause a problem?

Sep 8, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #5,659 of 9,972
  Now I will re-format the problem card, a 64GB card which had also been formatted in the X3ii, and reload the files onto it. Yes, sheer drudgery.

...and while you're at it, do a CheckDisk run.

Does there have to be a certain amount of free space on the card? It is almost full -- about 62.5 GB of files on it. Could that cause a problem?

I doubt it, but who knows! – 62.5 GB on a 64 GB card: That seems impossible. A nominally 64 GB card usually has just ~59.4 GB of storage space available.

Sep 8, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #5,660 of 9,972

...and while you're at it, do a CheckDisk run.

I doubt it, but who knows! – 62.5 GB on a 64 GB card: That seems impossible. A nominally 64 GB card usually has just ~59.4 GB of storage space available.

I can't upload the image of the file INFO window (not here long enough, I guess) but it shows the capacity as "64.07 GB".

Sep 8, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #5,662 of 9,972
Sep 8, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #5,663 of 9,972
I can't upload the image of the file INFO window (not here long enough, I guess) but it shows the capacity as "64.07 GB".

I can't remember if it was the X3ii or the X5ii but another user had some issues when the card was almost full. Try removing about 5-10gb worth and try again. I'm not sure this will work or not, but worth a shot.

Typically the stuttering is an inappropriate allocation unit size used when formatting, which the X3ii format tool through the System Settings has set to the correct allocation (I don't know exactly what that is). Other issues could be large album art size (ie, 1000x1000) or unknown files on the card. Or, as was mentioned, a corrupt card.

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #5,665 of 9,972
I can't remember if it was the X3ii or the X5ii but another user had some issues when the card was almost full. Try removing about 5-10gb worth and try again. I'm not sure this will work or not, but worth a shot.

I seem to recall that some users of the 1st gen X3 were having some playback issues when their card was almost filled to capacity (less than 1GB of space left). Can't remember the specifics though.

Sep 9, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #5,666 of 9,972
Hello there,

You won't be able to get your X3 2nd gen directly to us and back in two weeks, as our factory is in China. If you bought the player locally, the quickest thing to do is to

1. contact the seller, tell them your USB problem and ask if they handle warranty returns / exchanges.
2a. if they do, great, follow their instructions to send in your X3 2nd gen for replacement. (ask them if it can be handled within 2 weeks)
-2b. if they don't, ask them for the contact details of their FiiO distributor in your country.
-2b-1. contact their FiiO distributor in your country, tell them you bought an X3 2nd gen from [your seller], tel them your USB problem and ask them to handle a warranty exchange.
-2b-2. All FiiO distributors can handle warranty exchanges directly, so follow their instructions to send in your X3 2nd gen for replacement. (ask them if it can be handled within 2 weeks)

Of course, to be eligible for a direct replacement (as opposed to repair, which can't be done within two weeks), you purchase will have to be within the eligible period in the recent past (exactly how recent I can't say, since this policy varies by seller and country)

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Joe for FiiO

One fellow headfier could solve the same proble but with x3 by upgading its firmware to 3.3
I have already updated my x3ii to 1.3, by adding the firmware directly to memory card. But the problem stays. I would really insist if u can develop some upgradation. Or i will send the unit later when m back from sea. I hope it will be eligible for replacement under 1 year warranty.
Kindly suggest

Sep 9, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #5,667 of 9,972
Hello there,

You won't be able to get your X3 2nd gen directly to us and back in two weeks, as our factory is in China. If you bought the player locally, the quickest thing to do is to

1. contact the seller, tell them your USB problem and ask if they handle warranty returns / exchanges.
2a. if they do, great, follow their instructions to send in your X3 2nd gen for replacement. (ask them if it can be handled within 2 weeks)
-2b. if they don't, ask them for the contact details of their FiiO distributor in your country.
-2b-1. contact their FiiO distributor in your country, tell them you bought an X3 2nd gen from [your seller], tel them your USB problem and ask them to handle a warranty exchange.
-2b-2. All FiiO distributors can handle warranty exchanges directly, so follow their instructions to send in your X3 2nd gen for replacement. (ask them if it can be handled within 2 weeks)

Of course, to be eligible for a direct replacement (as opposed to repair, which can't be done within two weeks), you purchase will have to be within the eligible period in the recent past (exactly how recent I can't say, since this policy varies by seller and country)

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Joe for FiiO

One fellow headfier could solve the same proble but with x3 by upgading its firmware to 3.3
I have already updated my x3ii to 1.3, by adding the firmware directly to memory card. But the problem stays. I would really insist if u can develop some upgradation. Or i will send the unit later when m back from sea. I hope it will be eligible for replacement under 1 year warranty.
Kindly suggest

I would suggest sending in the unit to your retailer's FiiO distributor in your country now, and have somebody you know pick up and hold the replacement for you while you're out of country. Or ask the distributor to hold off sending the replacement to you until you get back from your trip, that should also be arrangeable :)

Under normal circumstances you would not be eligible for a for-new replacement if you send your unit in 6 months after purchase :xf_eek:

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 9, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #5,668 of 9,972
I would suggest sending in the unit to your retailer's FiiO distributor in your country now, and have somebody you know pick up and hold the replacement for you while you're out of country. Or ask the distributor to hold off sending the replacement to you until you get back from your trip, that should also be arrangeable :)

Under normal circumstances you would not be eligible for a for-new replacement if you send your unit in 6 months after purchase :xf_eek:

Best regards,
Joe

Hello joe
Atleast now i can transfer music directly via memory card and listen. That's why m planning to get it fixed when m back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back