The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Aug 26, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #5,476 of 9,972
@jazz, I have tried the insertion of plug all the way too. feeding Hugo thru pioneer bdp coaxial out works perfectly. that four pole cable supplied with x3 is for digital coaxial out or is it for something else ?

Aug 26, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #5,477 of 9,972
rkt31 said:
@jazz, I have tried the insertion [....] all the way too

And how did it feel?  *Giggles*

Sorry guys, I don't know what's gotten into me today!  I think my inner-twelve-year-old is rearing his ugly head once again
rolleyes.gif

On a more serious note:  Yes, that cable supplied with the X3ii is for coaxial/line-out.  You can go to the product manual for more details on exactly how it is used in conjunction with an external amp or other such devices.

Aug 26, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #5,478 of 9,972
Never seen anything like that in 4 months. The only very minor bug I experienced, apart from odd behaviour in the UI, is that when forwarding or reversing through a particular heavily compressed MP3 file (speech only), the player freezes for seconds before continuing.

Maybe it's due to album art - there have been reports here of that. I didn't notice any trouble, but I've removed all album art from the files simply because I don't like how these pictures are stretched and interfere with the text displayed.

Or perhaps it's the memory card - can you try another?

Thank you for your reply!
I will test your suggestions and see if that helps.

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #5,479 of 9,972
I am about to purchase Fiio X3 2nd gen. Will they be able to drive my Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro open backs alone. Or should I go for Fiio E 18 paired with an android phone with usb otg?
Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Mickey 

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #5,480 of 9,972
  Never seen anything like that in 4 months. The only very minor bug I experienced, apart from odd behaviour in the UI, is that when forwarding or reversing through a particular heavily compressed MP3 file (speech only), the player freezes for seconds before continuing.

Maybe it's due to album art - there have been reports here of that. I didn't notice any trouble, but I've removed all album art from the files simply because I don't like how these pictures are stretched and interfere with the text displayed.

Or perhaps it's the memory card - can you try another?

I've had that happen with a few flac files but its nothing that's to bad. Now that I think back they did have album art on them so maybe that was the problem. 

Aug 27, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #5,482 of 9,972

As far as i can tell, formatting memory card via X3ii fixed the problem of song skipping. Previously i had the card formatted via Windows

Nice!  What size card is it?  If it's larger than 32gb, then Windows will only be able to format it to exFAT, not FAT32, and that may have been teh cause of the issues.

Aug 27, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #5,484 of 9,972
  at the moment i am running a 8gb class10 card. 

That's TEENY-TINY!  Lolz.  You should get a 128gb one like I have :p

Anyways, maybe Windows was formatting it in ExFAT rather than FAT32 and you didn't realize it.  Who knows?  Or perhaps it was formatting it with a less compatible sector-size for the X3ii.  There could be a number of reasons for what happened in regards to the formatting making the songs skip.

Aug 27, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #5,485 of 9,972
  Nice!  What size card is it?  If it's larger than 32gb, then Windows will only be able to format it to exFAT, not FAT32, and that may have been teh cause of the issues.

it is quite complex about this issues. but I believe this is one of the important reason Apple never installed a SD/Micro SD card slot in their iphone. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 27, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #5,487 of 9,972
 Yes, that cable supplied with the X3ii is for coaxial/line-out.  You can go to the product manual for more details on exactly how it is used in conjunction with an external amp or other such devices.

the manual does not mention anything about how to use supplied  4 pole cable for coaxial digi out. the prime reason i bought fiio x3 2 gen as transport to hugo but it is causing distortion.

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #5,488 of 9,972

it is quite complex about this issues. but I believe this is one of the important reason Apple never installed a SD/Micro SD card slot in their iphone. 

No, Apple never installed a card-slot in the iPhone because they want it to be as non-compatible as possible with non-Apple devices and computers.  That's just how they are.  Apple is run by terrible people.  Lol. 
tongue.gif

Aug 27, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #5,489 of 9,972
There are different default settings for allocation unit size from different formatting software. It's a trade off between speed and slightly more storage with FAT32. The device you intend to use the card in would be the best tool to format that card. Been mentioned many many times in the various FiiO player threads.

Glad it's now working for you maheeinfy.

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #5,490 of 9,972

Yes, that cable supplied with the X3ii is for coaxial/line-out.  You can go to the product manual for more details on exactly how it is used in conjunction with an external amp or other such devices.

the manual does not mention anything about how to use supplied  4 pole cable for coaxial digi out. the prime reason i bought fiio x3 2 gen as transport to hugo but it is causing distortion.

There's only one possible way to use it: Plug the 4-pole plug into the FiiO's combined coax out and use an RCA-to-RCA cable between it and the Hugo's S/PDIF input.

How can a digital cable cause distortion? The only way I can think of is by constant short-term signal loss due to intermittent data flow. But that doesn't sound plausible either. Do you use a shielded digital cable with RCA plugs between the adapter cable and the Hugo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back