The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 9, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #1,682 of 9,972
Yes, you may place your order for a discounted X3 2nd gen now and submit the proof of purchase for the X3 1st gen you own, and wait for us to adjust the price before checking out. Since we won't be reviewing documents until we come back to work (which is about 8 hours from now, or 0am GMT+0), expect to wait at least until then before the price gets adjusted.

Already placed my order :D.

Has the suggested US retail pricing changed from $200?   At least here in the US the price on the aliexpress site shows as $260 before the upgrade discount.

Note: The selling price on AliExpress is just a reference one which will be higher than real market price, but we will revise it to the special price (159.99USD) after we got your proof-of-purchase for the old X3.

So no, it did not :wink:.

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #1,685 of 9,972
i cant wait to get one of these off amazon... someday...

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #1,686 of 9,972
So it's not $159.99 after the discount?  Or $199 retail?

This may change my mind, maybe the DX90 off of Massdrop?  Oh.. decisions.

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #1,687 of 9,972
The Fiio X3 2nd gen is $199 retail if you are in the US, otherwise it might changed due to VAT + economy (conversion of currency).
If you buy it from aliexpress and own the Fiio 1st Gen, then the price will drop to $159.99 but only if you are quick enough (since there is only 200 units for this offer).

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #1,689 of 9,972
just ordered from aliexpress...
if they accept my x3 1st gen codes, i should have it for 159 usd... pretty much the same price i can sell my 1st gen x3 here in the uk... :)

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #1,690 of 9,972
So it's not $159.99 after the discount?  Or $199 retail?

This may change my mind, maybe the DX90 off of Massdrop?  Oh.. decisions.

http://www.fiio.net/en/story/258

Please refer to the above article for the full details of the activity. You place the order and then provide upload a picture of the sticker on your X3 box containing the 20-digit authenticity code and 14-digit serial number, then wait for us to review your order and revise the price from $260 to $159.

$260 is not the MSRP, but a higher list price intended to deter non-X3-1st-gen-owners from buying from the 200 unit reserve.

:)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 9, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #1,691 of 9,972
Ok, I think I am ready to buy into the X3. I have been considering the X5 and the DX90 as well. I know the new X3 is not at the same level, but love the size and the near SQ of the others for a lower price. May sell my X1 soon and replace it with the X3 2G

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #1,692 of 9,972
For those doing the upgrade pricing, how'd you "checkout" without "checking out"? I've got it in my cart with my security and serial numbers in the message box but am being forced to add payment to complete the transaction.

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #1,693 of 9,972
  For those doing the upgrade pricing, how'd you "checkout" without "checking out"? I've got it in my cart with my security and serial numbers in the message box but am being forced to add payment to complete the transaction.

On the item page select Add to Cart, Select View Shopping cart in the popup window, select Buy All, On the next screen enter in your serial numbers and select the big button at the bottom to buy.  It will then ask for payment, but there is a button to press to cancel the payment process.  Select that.  Order will be placed and you will have to wait for revised pricing.  You can then go back in and pay.  

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #1,694 of 9,972
  On the item page select Add to Cart, Select View Shopping cart in the popup window, select Buy All, On the next screen enter in your serial numbers and select the big button at the bottom to buy.  It will then ask for payment, but there is a button to press to cancel the payment process.  Select that.  Order will be placed and you will have to wait for revised pricing.  You can then go back in and pay.  

Gotcha - thanks for the help!

I was blind to the "add to cart" button and just kept hitting "buy now". :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back