The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Mar 23, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #1,186 of 9,972
Re EQ - depends on what you're used to using.  My issue with X1's EQ is that the 7 band starts at 62 then jumps to 160 then 400 Hz.  X3ii and X7 go 31, 62, 125, 250 - so much easier to EQ sub and mid bass (both additive and subtractive).

@rovopio
 - I'm just pleased you found the reviews.  I see Twisters review is now on the front page, so hopefully Fiio might get more coverage now.

You have an X7 already? :wink_face:

You mean X5.......... :D

Mar 23, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #1,187 of 9,972
Re EQ - depends on what you're used to using.  My issue with X1's EQ is that the 7 band starts at 62 then jumps to 160 then 400 Hz.  X3ii and X7 go 31, 62, 125, 250 - so much easier to EQ sub and mid bass (both additive and subtractive).

@rovopio - I'm just pleased you found the reviews.  I see Twisters review is now on the front page, so hopefully Fiio might get more coverage now.

yeah it's weird that yours wasn't, considering X3 II is an up-and-coming product and usually your reviews do ends up in the front page. I'm just biding time until the x3 II is available.
The more i learn about DAP, the more i appreciates the balance approach Fiio does with their user interface - pricing - design decision - and good components...

Mar 23, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #1,188 of 9,972
Its all good. They might not have caught the fact that my review was out there (given CANJAM and all), or maybe they considered Twister's was better.  As long as it gets more coverage it doesn't really matter who's made the main page - as long as someone's has.

Mar 23, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #1,189 of 9,972
Hey Relic - wouldn't you have stopped cold if I'd posted a pic of the X7 ....... 
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #1,190 of 9,972
Hi! So what's happening is in China, Fiio is currently having a deal, where old X3 users can use their security code to get the new second generation X3 for 50$ less. I really want one and would wish someone who loves their X3 and do not need a second one could lend me their code. It is limited to 300 people, so its on first come first serve basis. If you have the code, would you kindly help, and if not then perhaps refer to someone who can.

For those interested in the deal (See? I'm not keeping it only to myself, but its all in chinese): http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.100.JkjCG2&id=44241100580&abbucket=10

Thanks in advance,
Anthen

Mar 23, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #1,191 of 9,972
Hey Relic - wouldn't you have stopped cold if I'd posted a pic of the X7 ....... :D

Like this......... :eek:

I'm still interested in the X7, but with the imminent release of the X5 II I'm not sure which one to grab, or even if I will! The X5 has far surpassed my expectations for the price. I may get the X5 II just so I can do a custom theme and finally be able to change the text color! Lol!

Btw, I really, REALLY hope they stick with the screen size(IPS) and wheel (though updated like the X3 II).

Mar 23, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #1,192 of 9,972
Hi! So what's happening is in China, Fiio is currently having a deal, where old X3 users can use their security code to get the new second generation X3 for 50$ less. I really want one and would wish someone who loves their X3 and do not need a second one could lend me their code. It is limited to 300 people, so its on first come first serve basis. If you have the code, would you kindly help, and if not then perhaps refer to someone who can.

For those interested in the deal (See? I'm not keeping it only to myself, but its all in chinese): http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.100.JkjCG2&id=44241100580&abbucket=10

Thanks in advance,
Anthen

Hello Anthen,

You guys do not need to compete with the Chinese for this loyalty discount quota--there will be a similar promotion worldwide. :)

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 23, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #1,195 of 9,972
  Its all good. They might not have caught the fact that my review was out there (given CANJAM and all), or maybe they considered Twister's was better.  As long as it gets more coverage it doesn't really matter who's made the main page - as long as someone's has.

There is NO way my review is better, if anything - our reviews compliment each other.  My friend, you are a hard act to follow when it comes to reviews
biggrin.gif
 and both of yours X3 2nd gen and PONO (VERY HIGHLY recommend for others to check it out) are excellent reviews!!!

Mar 23, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #1,196 of 9,972
Thanks.  I'd say the same about yours mate.  Ultimately, as long as the product gets the exposure it deserves, everyone is a winner.

And the X3ii deserves exposure.  A special little DAP. 

Mar 23, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #1,197 of 9,972
alright i've reverse-guessed from the product page what keyword head-fi search bar would respond to pull out the product page of x3 II on the top result.
Because searching "x3 II" when choosing "products" option, yielded 9 results, none of which is the x3 II.

It's responded with "fiio x3 Second Generation" or more specifically, it responded to "fiio x3 2nd gen". Just fyi for future posters that searched with the keyword "x3 II", it doesn't respond well to "x3 II" because the product page Title is "x3 2nd Gen"

Mar 23, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #1,198 of 9,972
Hello Anthen,

You guys do not need to compete with the Chinese for this loyalty discount quota--there will be a similar promotion worldwide.
smily_headphones1.gif

Best regards,
Joe

beerchug.gif
  Yeah!

Mar 23, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #1,200 of 9,972

Users who are viewing this thread

Back