The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Jan 10, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #6,871 of 9,972
mp3tag

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #6,872 of 9,972
I think I found out why my device was having issues on my laptop. Both my ports are USB 3.0,and it looks like USB 3.0 is supported under some kind of specific circumstances that I didn't meet w/ my win10 install. After messing around some in the settings I was able to pull off legacy recognition (or something, I really don't know, my sp00ky hacker friend helped me and that's what he called it)

Mp3tag works great.

Looking for a program that can recode into a recent AAC format at.

Jan 10, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #6,873 of 9,972
I think I found out why my device was having issues on my laptop. Both my ports are USB 3.0,and it looks like USB 3.0 is supported under some kind of specific circumstances that I didn't meet w/ my win10 install. After messing around some in the settings I was able to pull off legacy recognition (or something, I really don't know, my sp00ky hacker friend helped me and that's what he called it)

Mp3tag works great.

Looking for a program that can recode into a recent AAC format at.

Great news :)  Nice to see that issue solved.  For all my transcoding, I use a program called dbpoweramp (I use it for secure ripping of my CDs too).  Really easy to use, very configurable, and the paid version is pretty cheap and very much worth it.

Jan 10, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #6,874 of 9,972
In the X3 gen 1 thread, there was discussion a while back on tagging software. I'm trying to remember which tagger it was that was highly recommended - one of the features is when you right-click a file in Windows, the tagger itself is one of the options that come up. Anyone remember which tagging software this was?

MP3Tag for Windows.

Jan 10, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #6,875 of 9,972
Great news :)  Nice to see that issue solved.  For all my transcoding, I use a program called dbpoweramp (I use it for secure ripping of my CDs too).  Really easy to use, very configurable, and the paid version is pretty cheap and very much worth it.

dbpoweramp is indeed a great software. It worths the money you pay for it. The only feature I think it's missing is the capability of splitting a single file accordind to its cue list (I use foobar for that).

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #6,876 of 9,972
  1. Try another charger and see if you get the same results.  If you do, then contact FiiO.

2. Lag is going to be there (with the X1, X3II, &X5II any way).  You can try shrinking or removing your album art to speed things up, but I don't think you'll notice that much difference.

3.  FiiO monitors this discussion or you can join the forum on their website.

Thanks for the answers :)

I've tried another USB adapter, I do have a "normal" behaviour ... I don't understand the difference

The one that works :
- input : 100 - 240 ~ 50/60 Hz  < 150 mA
- output : 5V - 1A

The one that doesn't work (actually I don't know if it doesn't charge, since the screen display charging battery, only difference is the led that's green instead of red)
- input : 100 - 240 ~ 50/60 Hz 200 mA

On my smartphone (nexus 5, in case it would matter), using the first one gives me a slow charge, the second a quick charge ... 

I'm looking for an adapter giving quick charge to my smartphone, and that works well with FiioX3ii, which one do you use ?

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #6,877 of 9,972
Thanks for the answers :)

I've tried another USB adapter, I do have a "normal" behaviour ... I don't understand the difference

The one that works :
- input : 100 - 240 ~ 50/60 Hz  < 150 mA

The one that doesn't work (actually I don't know if it doesn't charge, since the screen display charging battery, only difference is the led that's green instead of red)
- input : 100 - 240 ~ 50/60 Hz 200 mA

On my smartphone (nexus 5, in case it would matter), using the first one gives me a slow charge, the second a quick charge ... 

I'm looking for an adapter giving quick charge to my smartphone, and that works well with FiioX3ii, which one do you use ?

Sounds like that charger/cable might be jacked up for some reason. I just use my standard phone/tablet chargers along with my PC's USB for charging so I don't use anything special.

Jan 10, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #6,878 of 9,972

dbpoweramp is indeed a great software. It worths the money you pay for it. The only feature I think it's missing is the capability of splitting a single file accordind to its cue list (I use foobar for that).

I'll also toss my vote for dbpoweramp. Absolutely worth the money.

I will say however, that aac/alac genre tags are wonky on my 1st gen x3 using dbpoweramp. Hopefully Fiio got that fixed for the gen 2

Jan 10, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #6,879 of 9,972
  I will say however, that aac/alac genre tags are wonky on my 1st gen x3 using dbpoweramp. Hopefully Fiio got that fixed for the gen 2

Works OK on my X3ii Trev 
beerchug.gif

Jan 10, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #6,880 of 9,972

Works OK on my X3ii Trev 
beerchug.gif

I have gathered its been "properly" fixed on the gen 2 devices. Thanks for the confirmation.
Have you changed any default settings for dbpoweramp regarding m4a tags? The weird thing is that if I re-tag the genre using MusicBee they work correctly.
Not much of an issue except when you're listening to genre - jazz, then start getting blasted by heavy-metal.
wink_face.gif

Jan 10, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #6,881 of 9,972
Yep - I pretty much manually tag every album I rip (into FLAC) and then just do an automatic transcode after that with the same tags.

So I rip with dbpoweramp. Then cleanup tags with mp3tag. Then transcode.

Jan 10, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #6,883 of 9,972
Hello Trev,

1. What firmware version are you on?

2. Have you checked using mp3tag to see if the track(s) in question are tagged more than one way (APE, ID3v1,v2, etc.) with inconsistent genres between them? The current X series will read tags in the following priority: APE > ID3 V2 > ID3 V1.

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 10, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #6,884 of 9,972
Hello Trev,

1. What firmware version are you on?

2. Have you checked using mp3tag to see if the track(s) in question are tagged more than one way (APE, ID3v1,v2, etc.) with inconsistent genres between them? The current X series will read tags in the following priority: APE > ID3 V2 > ID3 V1.

Best regards,
Joe

I'll PM you to keep from going off topic.

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #6,885 of 9,972
Yep - I pretty much manually tag every album I rip (into FLAC) and then just do an automatic transcode after that with the same tags.

So I rip with dbpoweramp. Then cleanup tags with mp3tag. Then transcode.

I take the Exact Audio Copy (CD to FLAC) then auto tag in Picard route. Lastly, if needed, do any cleanup in MP3Tag. Works well. Try out Picard if you haven't already. https://picard.musicbrainz.org/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back