The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Jan 2, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #6,766 of 9,972
blink.gif
that's all?

Jan 2, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #6,767 of 9,972
Joe, I wish I could get that to work.  I purchased a ribbon cable microSD to SD adapter; but was unable to get that to work.  Have you found any brands of those that do work as you described?

That's all I've ever seen suggested. All the X series players have a lag. I guess I'm just used to it because it has never bothered me with my X1 or X3II. The lag doesn't affect playback, just going through the menus in my experience. You could reduce the amount of files too, but I doubt anyone wants to do that. You're pretty limited as to getting rid of it so you either live with it or try what I and others have suggested. Sorry, but that's pretty much it.

Jan 2, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #6,768 of 9,972
Hey guys, Checking in this thread after a long time.

The Fiio players have this annoying issue where they list songs by the file name and not the title (irrespective of what you select). It can be a huge pain where some tracks in albums are not listed in the correct order.

Is there any current fix/in the pipeline for this?

Thanks.

Jan 3, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #6,769 of 9,972
Hey guys, Checking in this thread after a long time.

The Fiio players have this annoying issue where they list songs by the file name and not the title (irrespective of what you select). It can be a huge pain where some tracks in albums are not listed in the correct order.

Is there any current fix/in the pipeline for this?

Thanks.

What you select changes what you see on the now playing screen. In the media browser it wil show the file name. I use MP3tag to rename my files to track number title. Easier to see in the browser that way.

I don't know of any requests for changing this or that it is on Fiio's to do list.

Jan 3, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #6,770 of 9,972
That's all I've ever seen suggested. All the X series players have a lag. I guess I'm just used to it because it has never bothered me with my X1 or X3II. The lag doesn't affect playback, just going through the menus in my experience. You could reduce the amount of files too, but I doubt anyone wants to do that. You're pretty limited as to getting rid of it so you either live with it or try what I and others have suggested. Sorry, but that's pretty much it.

I think my response may have been misunderstood.  I would be pleased as punch if I could use a ribbon cable microsdxc to sd card. I would gladly accept a lag.  

In my situation, the X3 Gen II does not recognize a SD card that is attached by a ribbon cable.  Period.  

However, and fortunately, it does recognize a USB stick attached via a OTG cable.

Jan 3, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #6,772 of 9,972
i guess i didn't explain clearly.The menu is very smooth.Is the playback lagging which bother me 

I've not heard of this in the X3II. I know the xduuo X3 has the playback lag issue. Are you sure you're in the right forum? If you are referring to the X3II then I would contact FiiO because that's not normal. If you're talking about the xduuo X3, I would refer you to that discussion, or to contact xduuo.

Jan 3, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #6,775 of 9,972
I've not heard of this in the X3II. I know the xduuo X3 has the playback lag issue. Are you sure you're in the right forum? If you are referring to the X3II then I would contact FiiO because that's not normal. If you're talking about the xduuo X3, I would refer you to that discussion, or to contact xduuo.

some one told me that it might be the problem of memory card

Jan 3, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #6,776 of 9,972
some one told me that it might be the problem of memory card

It could be. Did you format it in the player or use a third party program to do it? What brand card is it? Most playback issues reported were stuttering if I recall. Most were resolved once the card was formatted in the player. FiiO recommends certain cards to use with their players and most folks report no issues with the popular brands so long as they format the card in the player.

ETA: regardless of how the card came formatted, reformat it in the player. If your problem persists, try a different card with the same songs formatted in the player and see if that changes things. Contact FiiO if it doesn't.

Jan 3, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #6,778 of 9,972
  i guess i didn't explain clearly.The menu is very smooth.Is the playback lagging which bother me 

I figured out what it was for me. A not exactly compatible Samsung microSD Card. If you have one of those, there's a solid chance this is your problem. It's hit and miss, though. My friend has an X3ii with the same microSD card and his is flawless. Put his microSD into my X3ii and again, flawless. Switching to a Sandisk seems to have fixed the issue.

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #6,779 of 9,972
quick question before i buy one of these.

when it is operating as USB DAC, do i then need to chain it to a separate headphone amp? or can i listen straight from the X3?

oh and also does the unit charge when it is in USB DAC mode?

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #6,780 of 9,972
  quick question before i buy one of these.

when it is operating as USB DAC, do i then need to chain it to a separate headphone amp? or can i listen straight from the X3?

oh and also does the unit charge when it is in USB DAC mode?

You can use it as Headphone amp while using it as a USB DAC and it charges while you are doing it 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back