The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Sep 1, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #5,536 of 9,972
any help for supplied four pole cable of fiio x3 2nd gen not outputting pcm stream properly through coaxial out ? i have tried everything. anybody else experiencing the same ? the sound come out as distorted . other sources like pioneer bdp working fine  .

Sep 1, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #5,537 of 9,972
Subbed while i wait to buy one.

Also, while i'm at it, i might ask a question as well: when used as a USB DAC, does the x3ii use the internal battery, or is the battery bypassed, and the x3ii is then powered by the USB port?

Sep 1, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #5,538 of 9,972
Subbed while i wait to buy one.

Also, while i'm at it, i might ask a question as well: when used as a USB DAC, does the x3ii use the internal battery, or is the battery bypassed, and the x3ii is then powered by the USB port?

You can read all about it on the FiiO website in the Support section under the FAQ. :wink_face:

"Edited by FiiO-Shadow at 2015-6-18 14:43

Q: Regarding X5 2nd gen/X3 2nd gen/X1/X3/X5's charging behaviour when connected to the computer

A: When the X5 2nd gen/X3 2nd gen/X1/X3/X5's are connected to the computer, whether as a DAC or as a storage device, power is supplied to the device as follows:
1. While the device is charging
Because the computer USB port has limited current capacity, the battery is given priority for part of the charging current while the rest powers the device directly. But if the current draw by the device is high, the battery participates in powering the device as well. Hence, both the battery and the USB port take part in powering the device while the device is charging.

2. After the battery is full
Because there is no need to charge the battery anymore, the USB port would power the device directly. The battery would neither be charged nor discharged.

In summary of the above, the powering scheme of the X5 2nd gen/X3 2nd gen/X1/X3/X5's ensures that the battery may be fully charged while at the same time guaranteeing proper function of the device. Finally, the battery will be at rest after it is fully charged, thus guaranteeing extended battery life.
"

http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40265&extra=

:wink_face:

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #5,540 of 9,972
Has anyone had the chance to pair the IE80s with the X3ii? Is the background dark without any audible hiss?

**There was a discussion earlier in this thread about audible hiss with sensitive IEMs. But I couldn't find any post that was specific to hearing hiss on IE80.

Sep 2, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #5,541 of 9,972
  Has anyone had the chance to pair the IE80s with the X3ii? Is the background dark without any audible hiss?

**There was a discussion earlier in this thread about audible hiss with sensitive IEMs. But I couldn't find any post that was specific to hearing hiss on IE80.

I don't know about the IE80's, but I can't hear any hiss at all with the Shure SE215, which are fairly sensitive.

Sep 2, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #5,542 of 9,972

I can't hear any hiss, dead silent for me.

Sep 2, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #5,548 of 9,972
Sitting on my deck playing john barleycorn in 24-88 through carbo tenores with x3 gen two firmware 1.16 and having a lovely time

Ymmv

24-88. . .can you actually hear any improvement when using that as compared to 16/44?

I think so on many recordings. Best example is kind of blue by miles Davis from hdtracks. Get the stereo version at 24-192. Play that on your fiio and prepare for audio nirvana. Seriously

Sep 2, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #5,549 of 9,972
I think so on many recordings. Best example is kind of blue by miles Davis from hdtracks. Get the stereo version at 24-192. Play that on your fiio and prepare for audio nirvana. Seriously

But what if they're actually just different masters?  Have you ever tried downsampling the 24-192 file with a converter like dbPoweramp to 16-48, and seeing if you can actually hear a different in an A/B test?

Sep 3, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #5,550 of 9,972

But what if they're actually just different masters?  Have you ever tried downsampling the 24-192 file with a converter like dbPoweramp to 16-48, and seeing if you can actually hear a different in an A/B test?

I am not taking the bait.  If you want an argument, I have already been through that with Brooko.  Play what you want.   I will play what I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back