The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Aug 5, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #5,146 of 9,972
I don't know if this is a known issue or not, but when my X3ii goes to deep sleep, and my headphones are connected, it starts to put out white noise. When I wake it and resume the music, I have to reinsert the headphones to hear the music. It has also progressed further down the album than it was when it went to deep sleep.

This whole issue only happens when my headphones are connected, so for example when I go to a store and pause the music, a couple minutes later it goes to deep sleep and start putting out white noise. And when I get out of the store and I want to continue listening to my music, I have to wake the device and reinsert my headphones. This really negates the whole purpose of deep sleep, because it drains the battery and it isn't as practical as it would be if it worked properly.

I'm using FW1.1 because my NB is W233b

Regards,
Im2spec1al

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #5,147 of 9,972
  I don't know if this is a known issue or not, but when my X3ii goes to deep sleep, and my headphones are connected, it starts to put out white noise. When I wake it and resume the music, I have to reinsert the headphones to hear the music. It has also progressed further down the album than it was when it went to deep sleep.

This whole issue only happens when my headphones are connected, so for example when I go to a store and pause the music, a couple minutes later it goes to deep sleep and start putting out white noise. And when I get out of the store and I want to continue listening to my music, I have to wake the device and reinsert my headphones. This really negates the whole purpose of deep sleep, because it drains the battery and it isn't as practical as it would be if it worked properly.

I'm using FW1.1 because my NB is W233b

Regards,
Im2spec1al

That's so weird because mine doesnm't do that at all.  I'd contact Fiio about it directly, if I were you.

it seems like lots of folks are having isseus with particular players having firmware glitches or things along those lines.  Or perhaps it's an issue with the actual wiring of hte player.

There's one thing you could try before going to the trouble of actually contacting Fiio.  You could try to re-install the firmware v1.1

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #5,148 of 9,972
Using the line out connected to my Schiit Vali with my Sony Z7 sounds cleaner than just using headphone out, its not a night and day difference but noticeable. The treble has more sparkle and air and the sub-bass sounds better as well. Also I think the soundstage is a bit more open with larger sound.

Likewise with my E12 - line out feeding E12 results in a clearer "larger" sound, more dynamic, but not quite as clear as the line out itself (using the X3ii as DAC with the pc controlling the level) feeding my GR10's. And I could say it's beefier sounding with the E12 in place than just line out. But I am an ambience freak, sadly. I love the out of the head crystal clear sound I know these "cans" are capable of.

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #5,149 of 9,972

That's so weird because mine doesnm't do that at all.  I'd contact Fiio about it directly, if I were you.

it seems like lots of folks are having isseus with particular players having firmware glitches or things along those lines.  Or perhaps it's an issue with the actual wiring of hte player.

There's one thing you could try before going to the trouble of actually contacting Fiio.  You could try to re-install the firmware v1.1

Yes, I think W233b is having lots of problems, I'm guessing you don't have this version? Re-installing fw 1.1 didn't help :frowning2:

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #5,151 of 9,972

Line outs are designed to drive line inputs, which are typically 10k-ohm (or higher) loads. You risk overloading the line out circuitry or even effectively shorting it if you use a load with low enough impedance. The "minimal circuitry" you are looking for is the amplifier. You can try making your own if you have the time, equipment, and skills. If you're driving low-impedance, current-hungry loads, you need a current amplifier. Any decent consumer amplifier would have both current- and voltage-amplifying stages.

What headphones are you using with the X3?

going back to your post, and thinking about it some more, really i guess a better headphone amp would be good. Something which gives me the dynamics of the E12 but improves clarity further? Any ideas?

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #5,152 of 9,972

Hi, first post here.

This happens with my X3ii, but only when I have my Creative Aurvana headphones plugged in.

I usually use Shure se215. It does not happen when I use these.

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #5,153 of 9,972
I used to have the white noise issue, upgrading to the v1.11 beta firmware fixed it though. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/770863/official-x3-2nd-gen-beta-firmware-thread-fw1-11-improved-cue-gapless-eq-on-line-coax-out-lots-of-fixes

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #5,154 of 9,972
  Yes, I think W233b is having lots of problems, I'm guessing you don't have this version? Re-installing fw 1.1 didn't help :frowning2:

That's REALLY weird, because I have the W233b, too!

It sounds, from what other folks are saying, that this issue only happens with some headphones, and not with others.  Which makes even LESS sense.  I would contact Fiio customer service directly, if I were you.
  I used to have the white noise issue, upgrading to the v1.11 beta firmware fixed it though. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/770863/official-x3-2nd-gen-beta-firmware-thread-fw1-11-improved-cue-gapless-eq-on-line-coax-out-lots-of-fixes

That might be one possible fix but I'd be wary about upgrading to anything which is still in beta-testing, could lead to greater instability.

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #5,155 of 9,972
  That might be one possible fix but I'd be wary about upgrading to anything which is still in beta-testing, could lead to greater instability.

The beta firmware is good to be honest, i've been using it since it got released with no issues, it also fixed a few of the problems I was having using the older firmware.
Saying that though, I think some people were having problems with it saying their headphones were not connected. 

You can always go back to using the older v1.0/v1.1 firmware if v1.11 doesn't work for you, it is worth a try anyway.

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #5,156 of 9,972

The beta firmware is good to be honest, i've been using it since it got released with no issues, it also fixed a few of the problems I was having using the older firmware.
Saying that though, I think some people were having problems with it saying their headphones were not connected. 

You can always go back to using the older v1.0/v1.1 firmware if v1.11 doesn't work for you, it is worth a try anyway.

Yeah that's if you have NB number W233b, which unfortunately I do :frowning2:  What exactly IS the NB number, and why are there so many glitches with W233b?  If it's so glitchy, why do they even sell the W233b ones, and what other ones are available?  I'd really like to know what the NB number even means, seriously.

This has me pretty upset becaues now I can't use the new firmware, and I was very excited about some of teh features it offers once I read about them :frowning2:

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #5,158 of 9,972
Incase anybody in here want to use coaxial m2m, don't simply buy but check this link first:

http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40478&page=1&extra=#pid107286

Fiio 2nd gen combining Line out and coax out, so they have different male jack setup.
Maybe it will be better if Fiio mention about this or giving another connector beside only RCA on the other end.
(Which normally the RCA is the male not the female, sigh). I think that my disappointment for the supporting of this 2nd generation product line.

I don't know how to attach image in here, my account don't have permission to do that.
Maybe someone kindly do that for the sake of the future not to waste money spend buy interconnection cable. And we can't use it anyway.

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #5,159 of 9,972

This has me pretty upset becaues now I can't use the new firmware, and I was very excited about some of teh features it offers once I read about them :frowning2:

I know right. I really hope that the full firmware update would be released soon, it would likely solve this problem and many others...

Aug 5, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #5,160 of 9,972
So does ANYONE here know what "NB" actually means?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back