The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
May 15, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #3,466 of 9,972

Have you considered canceling the X3ii order and waiting for the X5ii to be released in mid-June?

Finding out about the X5ii has given me pause opening up my X3ii, especially since my X3i is working fine! Between the interesting amp details and the dual microsd slot, the X5ii sounds really tempting, even at nearly twice the cost. If only it had a replaceable battery like the DX90... 

May 15, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #3,468 of 9,972

Have you considered canceling the X3ii order and waiting for the X5ii to be released in mid-June?

I hadn't considered it but I'm guessing there would be a reasonable price difference between the two and as my wife is buying it for me for my birthday, she has a limited budget.
It's my first serious DAP to replace an old iPod Touch 2nd Gen so I'm expecting the X3 to be a step up anyway.
I'll just have to be patient and wait for it to arrive!

May 15, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #3,470 of 9,972
May 15, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #3,473 of 9,972
Usb dac is only for PC?!

Officially only for computers, however, a very select few number of devices seem to sort of work with it sometimes.

I must stretch that this is incidental and not any form of guarantee.

May 15, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #3,474 of 9,972

Can't be happy and satisfied for 2 months?
For many people X3 2nd gen as a DAP/DAC is more than enough for at least 2 years... You get a quick taste, and already thinking about moving on?

Edit:
(Sorry, just checked your profile... You seem to collect audio gear. :) I did not say a word. :D )

May 15, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #3,476 of 9,972

Can't be happy and satisfied for 2 months?
For many people X3 2nd gen as a DAP/DAC is more than enough for at least 2 years... You get a quick taste, and already thinking about moving on?

Edit:
(Sorry, just checked your profile... You seem to collect audio gear. :) I did not say a word. :D )

I think that you are on the wrong site, i just had bought x5 9 months ago, and i already think of getting x5II. I fiind so much fun in this hobby!

X3K is just an amazing piece of kit, but depending on how much money you do have, i too suggest you to look into a used x5 or x5II.

May 15, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #3,478 of 9,972
smily_headphones1.gif
HOLD ON. I've been reading some first impressions of the X5ii and It sounds as if it's presentation is even MORE clinical (Less Warmth) than the Original X5. ALAS, I find the Original TOO STERILE sounding. That is why I prefer my X1 over it in most instances.

This would be a deal breaker for me. Price isn't an Issue, Sound is. I'm now leaning towards the X3ii. But reviews of the X5ii are just starting.

We will have to wait:

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
TWIN

May 15, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #3,479 of 9,972
  I think that you are on the wrong site, i just had bought x5 9 months ago, and i already think of getting x5II. I fiind so much fun in this hobby!

X3K is just an amazing piece of kit, but depending on how much money you do have, i too suggest you to look into a used x5 or x5II.

So you suggest X5 over X3 2nd gen? Why?

Very much depends on the gear one has, and the purpose they use it. (Hp out with iem or line out with amp and hp)
Also, some X5 owners prefer X3 2nd gen over the X5...
 What is your reason, you prefer X5 over the X3ii?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back