The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 30, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #6,406 of 7,793
is it available in black? i got 1st silver edition and always wear the black rubber...

btw:

fw1.6 is working without problems.
the wheeeeeeeeeel improvement makes it a lot more usable!

thx!

edit:

yes, there it is! in black! i just messed up...  but where is the red rubber thing i want? or the rubber thing in wild colors? maybe printed with uploadable pics - customlike... THAT would be great!!!

Dec 1, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #6,408 of 7,793
is it available in black? i got 1st silver edition and always wear the black rubber...

btw:

fw1.6 is working without problems.
the wheeeeeeeeeel improvement makes it a lot more usable!

thx!

edit:

yes, there it is! in black! i just messed up...  but where is the red rubber thing i want? or the rubber thing in wild colors? maybe printed with uploadable pics - customlike... THAT would be great!!!
I ordered the FiiO X1 in Gold. Waiting for it to arrive. I think it looks best in Silver but my brother already has one so I ordered the gold one. :blush: :grin: :new: :soon: :flower_playing_cards: :musical_note: :notes:

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #6,409 of 7,793
Can anyone think of a reason that I'd have some static/poor quality audio while using my X1's Line Out in my car with an 1/8" auxiliary input? If I switch to regular headphone output the audio quality is better. Is it possible the line out signal from the X1 is too powerful for my car setup?

Dec 2, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #6,410 of 7,793
My fiio X1 came today!
I'm already noticing a stronger sound vs my iPod and quality.
This is way easier to sync then a iPod (drag and drop is awesome)

I'm looking to get a external harddrive (by usb) soon and make some flac, OGG ect versions through iTunes but have them stored on it.

I have a 8gig card right now because I don't have that much music downloaded so far, but I'll definatly be getting larger cards

Dec 2, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #6,411 of 7,793
  Can anyone think of a reason that I'd have some static/poor quality audio while using my X1's Line Out in my car with an 1/8" auxiliary input? If I switch to regular headphone output the audio quality is better. Is it possible the line out signal from the X1 is too powerful for my car setup?

possible, if you use the headphone out at volume 100 you get the same nasty sound? if so, you'll have to stick to the headphone out and lower the volume level until you stop clipping.
for use in a car I don't think you're at a loss of audio fidelity, the headphone out is pretty clean too.

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #6,412 of 7,793
I found 'slightly' similar in comparison to my x3 and x5 line outs. The x1 into an amp seemed a bit rougher sounding when I took a listen yesterday. At the time, I just blamed the source, but reading this has got me thinking now.

Not sure until I get up .... Can the eq be set on and to flat, so that the output is reduced into the car? I'll have a look whem I've showered and got my head together.

It could be on the brink of clipping.

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #6,413 of 7,793
Hey guys, I posted a similar question in the Xduoo X3 thread, but want the opinion of Fiio X1 users too.

I'm currently trying to decide between these two player, how do they compare?

Would either of these be an upgrade to my Cowon S9?

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #6,414 of 7,793
Having a 1, 3 and 5, my feeling is that the x3 sounds better than the X1 very slightly and as I said previously, the line out seems smoother than the x1.

Plus the headphone output is stronger, giving a potential wider range of headphones that can be used with it without an amp. I've even run an hd650 direct from it and a k712! They sound ok.

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #6,415 of 7,793
I'm going to try testing the headphone jack at 100% and see if it seems to clip as well. I also ordered an X3ii and will test the line-out feature. I have been excited about the X3ii because it has a dedicated line-out, but if it turns out the line-out doesn't work well in my car, it won't really matter. It is very tedious to keep going back and forth on the X1 and disable and enable line-out/headphone mode on a regular basis.

Also, I'm curious to see if I have issues using the line-out and my stereo, or if this is just a problem with the auxiliary port in my car.

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #6,416 of 7,793
I just tried the eq thing. It doesn't reduce the volume output like it does on the x3, but you could set up a custom eq with everything reduced by the same amount. That would lower the volume through line out and then hopefully, if there was clipping it will have been eliminated in the car.

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #6,417 of 7,793
I just tried the eq thing. It doesn't reduce the volume output like it does on the x3, but you could set up a custom eq with everything reduced by the same amount. That would lower the volume through line out and then hopefully, if there was clipping it will have been eliminated in the car.

But the eq has no preamp selector only a few bands, so lowering all the bands will not give a flat response presumably.

There's an option in settings to change the maximum volume though - would that work?

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #6,420 of 7,793
Some brands might play up.

I'm delighted with the x1 and have just put a 128gb card in. It contains MP3 and hi res FLAC files and it's faultless.

So the X1 accepts micro SDXC cards without having to format them as FAT32?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back