The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jun 12, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #5,896 of 7,793
I guess you are right got a new pair and still the same but this time somehow I can use the amp while the headphone symbol is on

Of course you can use it that way, yet you have to turn the volume up on your X1 to boost the signal going into the amp.  There's nothing that says you can't, but then there would be no need for the LO.  Personally, I think you got a bad amp based on what you have described.  I don't recall reading anything similar in the NX1 thread, nor did I read anything like what you described in any reviews.  If you haven't done it yet, send it back and get another one.  It's a good amp and it just sounds like you got a bad one.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one (if I needed one).

Jun 13, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #5,897 of 7,793
  an audiophile DAP for $100? I'd rather say it's for mass music lovers... a real audiophile would be ashamed to buy it
wink.gif

IMHO FiiO should do something marketing like with the X1 to win some new customers, but not necessarily the ones eager to buy the X3 or X5.

I bought the X1 because I can't afford the X3 or X5 BUT I'm not ashame at all.

Jun 13, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #5,899 of 7,793
I bought the X1 because I can't afford the X3 or X5 BUT I'm not ashame at all.

Please. There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of - you got the best bang for the buck. Enjoy it. And don't let anyone tell you anything about what an audiophile should be ashamed off. It's the biggest ******** I read in a long time.

Cheers,
K

Jun 13, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #5,900 of 7,793
There's nothing to be ashamed of with X1, great piece of equipment. At this point I regret backing up Geek Wave, I'd take the money back and buy X5ii in heartbeat if I could.

Jun 13, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #5,903 of 7,793
Last night I did try the X1 with my Mont Blanc and my pair of Grado SR225i and did listen to some Pink Floyd and WOW, for the price it's was a real pleasure. 

Jun 13, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #5,904 of 7,793
Apologies, if this should have been posted somewhere else.

The wheel of my X1 is broken. Turning it doesn't make the cursor move slowly through the control icons, but rather it jumps through. The device is fairly new, no more than a year old. Plus, I take good care of my stuff. Tips,pls?

It's not broken. It's designed that way-at least that's what Fiio says. They miss a step here and there. Widely reported.

Jun 13, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #5,905 of 7,793
Apologies, if this should have been posted somewhere else.

The wheel of my X1 is broken. Turning it doesn't make the cursor move slowly through the control icons, but rather it jumps through. The device is fairly new, no more than a year old. Plus, I take good care of my stuff. Tips,pls?

It's normal if the steps on the scroll wheel do not correspond exactly with that on the screen, but other than that there should not be operational difficulty choosing menu items. If the wheel is making the X1 behave erratically (e.g. skipping two menu items ahead at a time, or going the wrong way), that's a problem worthy of a return to the seller or to us. :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 13, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #5,906 of 7,793
to all haters around: my god, this comment was made before the X1 was released and referred to discussion about its concept, besides it was an irony... happy hating though, bye!

Thank god you didn't mean it. All good then.

Cheers,
K

Jun 15, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #5,907 of 7,793
Will Fiio ever make any mp3 players for $100 or under with a card slot and 50+ hour battery life(when used with efficient 16 or 32 ohm earphones)? The X1 looks interesting except for the battery life. I realize the X1 has a high power output, although it would be great if future Fiio players have a low power output mode which gets the player to achieve 50+ hours(even 30+ hours of battery life wouldn't be so bad though).

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #5,908 of 7,793
Respectfully, I think the X1 being what it is for its price is already a ludicrous steal. In terms of bang-for-your-buck factor it might be the best deal in the entire DAP market (for some reason I almost feel like I'm cheating on my DX90 by saying that . . .). Perhaps you're asking for the sun and the moon here, on top of that?

Jun 15, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #5,909 of 7,793
  Will Fiio ever make any mp3 players for $100 or under with a card slot and 50+ hour battery life(when used with efficient 16 or 32 ohm earphones)? The X1 looks interesting except for the battery life. I realize the X1 has a high power output, although it would be great if future Fiio players have a low power output mode which gets the player to achieve 50+ hours(even 30+ hours of battery life wouldn't be so bad though).

Only 50 hours?

Jun 15, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #5,910 of 7,793
I've had my X1 for a bit over one month, before that I was using my X5, before that was a Sony, and before that was a iPod classic(and all Apple iPods from 2003), before that was Sony MD players. In the beginning it was Sony Walkmans, my favorite WM was a
WM-DD100 Boodo Khan.​

I find my X1 to be of super audiophile quality. It's no better or worse than my X5, just different. It does not have the power of the X5, but I don't need that sort of power using my PM-3 or Koss 75 head phones.

I'm very pleased with the X1, and only wish the menu would highlight the selection better, as I'm getting old, and find it hard to see the border only highlight. FYI, my X1 has firmware 1.4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back