The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Mar 31, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #5,521 of 7,793
Same with me,,i prefer folders so no issues of turning the wheel for long durations.

People are complaining about minor issues completely forgetting the price they paid and features they are getting.

I really appreciate this low cost budget DAP. The amount of work put in, the documentation, extra stickers, cable, silicone case... really, I feel Fiio X1 is really worth it. Just stating what hopefully can be improved :)

Remember the two bottom buttons of X1 can also be used for scrolling.

Okay, shall use that for quieter scrolling!

I thought the new 1.3 firmware allowed you to use cards formatted as SDXC unless he hasn't got that firmware installed.

I have 1.3 installed and the SDXC card still cannot be read; until I backup my files, and formatted the card with X1 itself, and then loading files back in.

I'm not sure what happened but before I formatted it, it was FAT-32 indeed (as I saw on my laptop)

Don't know what to tell you then. The post above this one refers to using the other buttons to scroll. This would be a little quieter.  inhale my music organized like this: artist folder, in there is all the albums, and the songs can be located in the album folders.  I have roughly 200 artist folders and some of those contain up to 21 albums. I don't know any real way to cut down on the scrolling.

I try to cut scrolling by organising them into maybe 2 or 3 parts, so I can quickly narrow down.

[Artist A-G]
[Artist H-O]
[Artist P-Z]

E.g. I want to find J, can just scroll once, get into [Artist H-O], and quickly narrow down. Instead of having to scroll through all ABCDEFGHI...

SDXC is not a format type, it's a hardware specification. He formatted the card correctly but the files in question were generated from his smartphone which more than likely created something that's incompatible with the X1.

Anyone with the default Galaxy S4 voice recorder can try recording, it would likely produce .m4a files, that can't be read by Fiio X1. Not sure why.

Apr 1, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #5,522 of 7,793
 I try to cut scrolling by organising them into maybe 2 or 3 parts, so I can quickly narrow down.

[Artist A-G]
[Artist H-O]
[Artist P-Z]

E.g. I want to find J, can just scroll once, get into [Artist H-O], and quickly narrow down. Instead of having to scroll through all ABCDEFGHI...

This is what my plan is to cut down on scrolling as well.  I have over 1300 albums by over 250 different artist and scrolling through this currently isn't a pain, but it does take a minute to find the particular thing I want to listen to.  It wouldn't take long to do, it's just taking the time to do it.

Apr 1, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #5,523 of 7,793
I have 1.3 installed and the SDXC card still cannot be read; until I backup my files, and formatted the card with X1 itself, and then loading files back in.

I'm not sure what happened but before I formatted it, it was FAT-32 indeed (as I saw on my laptop)

I have 1.3 installed and formatted my 64GB Sandisk Ultra Plus SDXC as exFAT on my Windows 7 computer, copied my music to it and the X1 reads it fine.

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #5,528 of 7,793
I'm kinda excited for the X3ii. The matte black finish looks super nice, and it just seems like a higher quality X1. Will go great with my Fidelio X2's

The case is black. The unit itself is a gun metal colour and all aluminum.

Apr 3, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #5,530 of 7,793
The sound stage isn't as wide but I prefer the sound of some tracks on my X1 compared to the DX50. I'm definitely going to get an X3II as well when they are released to compare it, if it's better the DX50 is getting sold.

Apr 3, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #5,531 of 7,793
What's the support in line headphone control?

Apr 3, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #5,533 of 7,793
What's the support in line headphone control?

Switch the setting on, and if you've got an earphone with compatible controls on cable (ie push button), you should be able to pause/play (one click), and go next track (two clicks) and previous track (three clicks). 

Apr 4, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #5,534 of 7,793
Switch the setting on, and if you've got an earphone with compatible controls on cable (ie push button), you should be able to pause/play (one click), and go next track (two clicks) and previous track (three clicks). 

Ahh I see thanks

Apr 5, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #5,535 of 7,793
Got my X1 a few days ago and it certainly has more power than the Clip+. The Clip+ couldn't drive the TTPOD T1 properly as the treble was a little rolled-off and the sub bass was non-existent when I listened to Hans Zimmer's 'Why So Serious?' in The Dark Knight OST. Tried the X1 with the HD600 and I didn't like it at all. Yes, the X1 will drive the HD600 to a decent listening volume but the player doesn't do it justice. You definitely need a good amp to bring the best out of the HD600.

I also tested the battery life of the X1 and left it running overnight. Found that it lasted for 14 hours with very minimal browsing. I suppose it can easily last at least 12 hours as advertised but it certainly won't reach the 15 hours advertised for the firmware upgrade (mine is upgraded to the latest version 1.3). All in all a great little player with a very good build quality and great sound quality for the price! However, if you have an OCD for smooth and quick animation towards the UI, then you should probably look elsewhere (more $$).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back