The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Mar 4, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #5,221 of 7,793
  Just a quick question, does anyone else have issues with playback breaking up or distorting when playing high resolution FLAC files? I know my files are okay, because they play fine through my other DACs, but I have intermittent breaking up, lasting 2 or so seconds every few minutes. I'm not sure what the root of the issue is.

Not here. Playing 16bit or 24bit FLAC are OK.

I get the crackle when going from one bit rate to another.

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #5,222 of 7,793
  Just a quick question, does anyone else have issues with playback breaking up or distorting when playing high resolution FLAC files? I know my files are okay, because they play fine through my other DACs, but I have intermittent breaking up, lasting 2 or so seconds every few minutes. I'm not sure what the root of the issue is.

No issues playing back my 24/192 Amon Amarth, Opeth, or Insomnium albums. There's the initial pop sound when switching frequencies, however that is normal and part of the circuitry. My Xonar Essence does the same thing.

Are you using a higher class MicroSD card? If the bit rate is very high, it could be slowed by your card.

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #5,223 of 7,793
  No issues playing back my 24/192 Amon Amarth, Opeth, or Insomnium albums. There's the initial pop sound when switching frequencies, however that is normal and part of the circuitry. My Xonar Essence does the same thing.

Are you using a higher class MicroSD card? If the bit rate is very high, it could be slowed by your card.

This person right here knows what music is all about!  \m/

Mar 5, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #5,224 of 7,793
Oki, here my first post on my newly arrived X1 DAP. 1st.question. the plastic screen protector, the one pre-instaled on the unit.
It is writing on the paper "(2) Peel off this mask AFTER application completed." The printed paper is hardly stick to the plastic.

Do I remove the paper with the attached plastic, or only remove the paper tag sticking hard, to the thin plastic
X1 come with 2 spares screen protectors. They are in 2 parts. (1) Peel off this mask BEFORE application. (2) Peel off this mask AFTER application completed.

The (1) part pre-installed is gone, only (2) remain attached to the X1. Bcause, this little paper is not so easy to unstick from the plastic protector...
Sorry, am starting to become confused!

Thanks for ur feedback!

Mar 5, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #5,225 of 7,793
Oki, here my first post on my newly arrived X1 DAP. 1st.question. tha plastic screen protection, the one preinstaled on the screen.
It is writing on the paper "(2) Peel off this mask AFTER application completed." The printed paper is realy hardly stick to the plastic.
Do I remove the paper with the attached plastic, or only remove the paper tag sticking hard, to the thin plastic protector.
X1 come with 2 spares screen protectors. They are in 2 parts. (1) Peel off this mask BEFORE application. (2) Peel off this mask AFTER application completed.

The (1) part pre-installed is gone, only (2) remain attached to the X1. Bcause, this little paper is not so easy to unstick from the plastic protector...
Sorry, am starting to become confused!

Thanks for ur feedback!

Peel the paper with the attached plastic. That is the protector for the protector. Lol.

There is another plastic screen protector below.

Mar 5, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #5,227 of 7,793
Skullbox, the little tab is connected to a disposable piece of clear plastic. Pull back on the tab to peel the cover off of the screen protector. It should not remove the protector from your screen.

Each screen protector has two covers on it to prevent you from getting finger oils on the protector itself. You peel one side off and press that side onto the screen through the other removable cover before taking it off, as well.

Your screen protector is already applied properly, so just remove the second cover and you're good to go.

Mar 5, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #5,228 of 7,793
Peel the paper with the attached plastic. That is the protector for the protector. Lol.

There is another plastic screen protector below.
ok, thank you, that's what I was thinking. But I was not sure! :D

It will become double protection, if I teave there in place !

Mar 6, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #5,230 of 7,793
  Is anybody using ATH-IM70 with FiiO X1? What is your settings for equalizer?

After Xiaomi Piston 2.1 Gold i can't say IM70 sounds much better. It's just different.
I use http://en.goldenears.net/31885 review and my EQ settings for IM70 is:
62hz: -6db
160: -6
400: -4
1000: 0
3000: +4
8000: -5
16000: +6

I'm using the IM-70's but I've avoided using EQ, since I enjoy the sound.

I'll try your EQ settings and report back later.

Mar 6, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #5,231 of 7,793
Are the x3 or x5 worth upgrading from the x1 will there be a night and day differences?

Mar 6, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #5,232 of 7,793
Question for you guy's and gal's? I'm fairly new to the iem world and am trying to figure a few things out. I am presently using a ipod nano 3rd gen. with LO to a Fiio E12a amp. Music is 80% lossless going through RHA t10's or  Zero Audio Basso's. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has any idea what kind of changes, if any, I would get in the sound signature if I went out and got myself a X1?  

Mar 6, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #5,233 of 7,793
Are the x3 or x5 worth upgrading from the x1 will there be a night and day differences?

Read post 610 here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/743704/the-fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ex-x3k-x3ii-thread-192k-24b-cs4398-native-dsd-usb-dac-with-lo-and-inline-remote/600

and post 578 here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/743704/the-fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ex-x3k-x3ii-thread-192k-24b-cs4398-native-dsd-usb-dac-with-lo-and-inline-remote/570

The X1 vs X3 comparison made me think that I'd be very happy with the X1. I got it a week ago and so far I'm very happy with it, but it's the best DAP that I've heard. I only have a Rockboxed Clip+ and iAudio7 to compare it to. I don't think the difference will be night and day, but that will depend on how good your hearing is.

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #5,234 of 7,793
Hi, I'll be purchasing the X1 soon (waiting for local store to restock). I read somewhere there is or was a file limitation, is this still the case? How do I get around it? Will it be fixed?

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #5,235 of 7,793

Users who are viewing this thread

Back