The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Mar 2, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #5,191 of 7,793
  As European what is the best place to buy X1 from? £89 in amazon.co.uk. That's ~130 euros. So I assume it's best to buy from China but which store?

I got mine from Amazon.de for roughly 90-100€.

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #5,192 of 7,793
I have a question on how Fiio rates output power. Cowon clearly rates power output per channel. For instance, the spec for my iAudio7 is 26mW + 26mW into 16 Ohm. Is the X1 100 mW per channel or 100 mW total both channels into 16 Ohm?

That would be 100mW per channel. Tested with both channels running hot, too. :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 2, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #5,193 of 7,793
That would be 100mW per channel. Tested with both channels running hot, too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks. I searched for a couple of hours and couldn't find the answer. Mine arrived an hour ago and is now charging. Now I need to get my wife to want the X1 instead of my old iAudio7 that she's using with her HD590 so that I can get the X3 II in a couple of months.
smily_headphones1.gif
Since she's always happy with what she has, I'll need to work hard on that.

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #5,194 of 7,793
Am I the only one who doesn't like it when song titles that start with "the" get bunched together? Is there a way so that songs like "The Pretender" get placed in the P section and "The Whale Song" gets put in the W section? Kind of like on Poweramp for Android

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #5,195 of 7,793
Am I the only one who doesn't like it when song titles that start with "the" get bunched together? Is there a way so that songs like "The Pretender" get placed in the P section and "The Whale Song" gets put in the W section? Kind of like on Poweramp for Android

That depends on how you tag them, or what file names you use 
wink.gif

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #5,196 of 7,793
I'd never want to do this personally because I'm critical like that, but you could always tag your songs in this format:

"Whale Song, The"

Yuck.

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #5,197 of 7,793

That depends on how you tag them, or what file names you use 
wink.gif

+ 1, I place "the" at the end of the label, so instead of  "The Pretender" its "Pretender The" or instead of " The Most Famous" its "Most Famous The".  Its a PITA to go through and relabel, but makes it easier in the long run.  I do this will all the other repeats too i.e. "As" "what" etc.

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #5,198 of 7,793
That depends on how you tag them, or what file names you use :wink:

Considered that but it would probably drive me a little bit more crazy than how it's currently set up. I wonder if they could put it in the firmware eventually

I'd never want to do this personally because I'm critical like that, but you could always tag your songs in this format:

"Whale Song, The"

Yuck.

Yuck indeed

+ 1, I place "the" at the end of the label, so instead of  "The Pretender" its "Pretender The" or instead of " The Most Famous" its "Most Famous The".  Its a PITA to go through and relabel, but makes it easier in the long run.  I do this will all the other repeats too i.e. "As" "what" etc.

"Where" and "When" are equally cluttered

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #5,203 of 7,793
I'm running the FW 1.2 on my X1.  Can anyone who's ever used a different version confirm whether or not there are SQ differences between versions (as there are in each new iBasso FW)?

Mar 2, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #5,204 of 7,793
  I'm running the FW 1.2 on my X1.  Can anyone who's ever used a different version confirm whether or not there are SQ differences between versions (as there are in each new iBasso FW)?

I can't tell.  I have just updated to 1.22 beta from 1.2 and have not noticed anything as of yet.  I have the same settings on the EQ, running through an e11k to my SE215's.  

Mar 2, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #5,205 of 7,793
I was surprised when my new X1 arrived with FW1.2 on it. I didn't know it was even a released version since it isn't available on the Fiio site. At least I only see 1.0 and 1.1. The SQ is definitely an upgrade from my Clip+. At first I thought that it had less bass when I listened to some Bach organ music with very low notes, but then I realized that it was just much more defined and I guess less distorted. The only thing that I don't like so far is the placement of the on/off button. I have to be careful not to grip it when I pull the X1 out of the old belt pouch that I have. I wish that the button were lower, as I'm a little afraid that I could damage the on/off button if I accidentally press on it too hard while pulling it out of the pouch. Two reviews on Amazon said that their on/off button failed.

I'm thinking of getting the Fiio flip case. Has anyone used it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back