The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 12, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #3,871 of 7,793
  I just got my X1 yesterday and I'd just like to know if it's normal to experience random stop (basically the unit stops or turns into sleep) when the SLEEP option is turned ON?  It just randomly stops while playing.  Did I get a lemon?

Thanks!

If the sleep timer is ON, the unit will turn off which ever time is allocated in the setting below. If you don't want the unit to switch off after a certain duration of time turn it OFF. I think what you're looking for is idle shutdown where the player will turn off if Its inactive for a certain duration. Two different settings.

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #3,872 of 7,793
Can the X1 be powered by mains once the battery has run down and won't hold a charge any more?

If not can the battery be replaced easily? I don't really want to have to chuck it out just because the battery has gone flat.

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #3,873 of 7,793

If the sleep timer is ON, the unit will turn off which ever time is allocated in the setting below. If you don't want the unit to switch off after a certain duration of time turn it OFF. I think what you're looking for is idle shutdown where the player will turn off if Its inactive for a certain duration. Two different settings.

Does it switch off even while playing?  also it doesn't exactly switches off in the time allotted.  For example if I set the SLEEP to 30 mins, it switches OFF for more than 30 ins or so.  I'm kind of disappointed with my unit because of that.

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #3,874 of 7,793

Does it switch off even while playing?  also it doesn't exactly switches off in the time allotted.  For example if I set the SLEEP to 30 mins, it switches OFF for more than 30 ins or so.  I'm kind of disappointed with my unit because of that.

Yes, It will turn off regardless what the players doing if the sleep timer is ON.

Don't be disappointed! Life is too short.... 

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #3,875 of 7,793

It shouldn't switch off randomly,

But the SLEEP timer is the time it will switch off, after you have set it. NOT how long it will be switched off for.

So if you set it for 15 mins, it should switch off exactly 15mins after you have set it.

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #3,879 of 7,793
Fiio just allow rockbox port and all the software problems will be gone.

Plus we will get a genuine parametric eq too,not that 7 band is bad.

Nov 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #3,882 of 7,793
  Does the X1 support playlists? I just noticed a playlist facility in the menu. If so, how does it work?

It does....just not very well from what I've read so far on this thread. I simply use Folder view and make my own "playlists" on my computer, place them in a folder, and play them back on my X1. It's the easiest way to do it with no muss, no fuss 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #3,884 of 7,793
  It does....just not very well from what I've read so far on this thread. I simply use Folder view and make my own "playlists" on my computer, place them in a folder, and play them back on my X1. It's the easiest way to do it with no muss, no fuss 
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for that.
Just a question, how is this done? I've tried to use Foobar to create playlists and place them in a "playlist" folder in the player, but it doesn't seem to work.

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #3,885 of 7,793
What I do is simply make the Playlist I want up in a standard folder and add it to the other folders on my X1... I dont use a playlist generator at all. I steer clear of it completely on the X1, zero problems that way. I have over 50 custom playlists(folders) made up on my computer, I use whichever ones I am in the mood for in a given week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back