The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 11, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #3,857 of 7,793
NEVER had a file issue as you describe.  You've got a card problem or a tagging problem or a general files (ripping) problem.  

Don't care about more than 5800, though it seems Fiio will be fixing that soon in a firmware update.

Don't do playlists other than in the device.

Themes?  I wish they would make some more "manly" color schemes.  I have a custom theme on my X5, much easier to see file names.

The silicon case fits mine like the girdles women wore in the early 1960s.  It ain't going nowhere.  

Nov 11, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #3,858 of 7,793
I have about 3500 files on mine, Samsung EVO card. I use Tag&Rename (I'm anal about tagging) and I've never had these issues either. The X1 has given me exactly 0 issues in the 6 weeks I've had it. What kind of card are you using?

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #3,859 of 7,793
  Keep having issues with this AGAIN...not impressed....loads of files when I go to play them say Playback Failed, File Not Found, despite being 100% there in folder browsing on my pc and media player programs and they play fine from all of those. some are m4a's, some mp3.

and when is this damn 5800 song limit nonsense going to be dealt with? or externally made m3u playlists being able to be found in the normal Category section instead of the folder browsing section :\ oh, and what about some more themes? :S also how do you go about getting another silicone case for this? after taking my player out to show people it de-cased 3 times the damn thing is already really loose and flaps all about :\

doesn't seem the rep checks this enough as tons of peoples questions get passed by or buried on a near daily basis too.

first I suggest you don't rely on the automatic update of the library too much. out of 3 cards I have one that doesn't seem to be able to update right on its own(that card is a known problem child, I usually keep it only for a clip+ that can still read whatever whenever, unlike most DAPs). automatic library update on that card can give what you describe, because the X1's list is not the actual one, making obviously some files to show in the DAP when they are not in it, and the other way around.
in my case, manual update does solve the problem.

about the song limit, I would advise to browse by folder. it's not like browsing through 20000 songs by album or by songs is super fun anyway without alphabetical research. given my own organization, browsing by folder is just like browsing by artist so it's by far the most effective way to browse on the X1, and everything seems to show up.

please do not take this as a bashing because I'm totally serious, if you want an ipod, buy an ipod. FIIO's UI is pretty basic, and pretty much anything out of the ordinary is going to show up as a problem. if you're willing to work on your naming, tagging and folder organization(and maybe cover size?) then in the end the X1 will work pretty much as you want it to. if you're not willing to go along with that(something that I can perfectly understand). I really suggest getting something like apple or sony. they have had years of experience and have long dealt with most problems(most, but not all of them). the counterpart being that they also usually cost a good deal more for the same specs.
for sound per $, you will be very hard pressed to find better than this X1. in my case, that makes me a lot more complacent than if I had those problems on a 600$ DAP ^_^.

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #3,860 of 7,793
Well I'm having dozens upon dozens of files (mostly specific full artists/albums, not a track here track there in a full album) displaying that, there's record online of X5 and X3 users having the same issue without a real answer to why either. I'm currently using a cheaper brand card (I'm sorry if I'm not rich enough for you guys >_>), a ADATA 32GB Premier UHS-1 CL10 Micro SDHC ( http://www.ncix.com/detail/adata-32gb-premier-uhs-1-cl10-18-83600-1353.htm ) what else do you need to diagonse a problem? maybe some file data for the files with issues? tell me what to post and I'll screencap :)

Also, I don't expect you guys to have all the answers, however I don't appreciate the whole elitist attitude some people here seem to have when people present product issues that I've seen quite a bit of reading over this thread not only towards myself, no product is 'perfect' for everyone (and may never be) but that doesn't mean you should be all 'Well I have no issues and this is an amazing player you should be appreciating how amazing it is and it must be your fault because you're an idiot or something'.

I mean seriously, I get there can be rabid fanboyism about products on headfi especially but it's a bit excessive and frankly comes off as rude. Instead how about amplifying the problems people are having to the people that are supposed to know everything about their products - the reps/devs/whatever. THAT would be helpful, not shrugging me off and telling me its all in my head :p

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #3,862 of 7,793
  Well I'm having dozens upon dozens of files (mostly specific full artists/albums, not a track here track there in a full album) displaying that, there's record online of X5 and X3 users having the same issue without a real answer to why either. I'm currently using a cheaper brand card (I'm sorry if I'm not rich enough for you guys >_>), a ADATA 32GB Premier UHS-1 CL10 Micro SDHC ( http://www.ncix.com/detail/adata-32gb-premier-uhs-1-cl10-18-83600-1353.htm ) what else do you need to diagonse a problem? maybe some file data for the files with issues? tell me what to post and I'll screencap :)

ADATA cards should be fine, as long as it's not a $10 'generic' 64GB card from eBay :p

But yea, post the file data. Bit rate, sample rate, etc.

I know on the original 1.0 firmware, the X1 couldn't play files with a sample rate below 32khz, but that has been fixed in 1.10 firmware.

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #3,863 of 7,793
  Can I use MusicBee to edit/drag and drop music files? I do that with my Cowon as it was the best way for edit and album art. X1 and MusicBee...or?

I have MusicBee, but don't use it for what your asking. I always use a good tag editor(currently using ID3-TagIT) and then drag and drop from my now updated music folder in windows. It's simple,fast and effective. The X1 is pretty sensitive to mismatched tags and artwork, the program I mentioned allows you to fix both in batch sessions. Try it out, here's a link:
http://download.cnet.com/ID3-TagIT/3000-2169_4-10544467.html

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #3,864 of 7,793
  ADATA cards should be fine, as long as it's not a $10 'generic' 64GB card from eBay :p

I know on the original 1.0 firmware, the X1 couldn't play files with a sample rate below 32khz, but that has been fixed in 1.10 firmware.

yeah I updated to 1.10 the day I got it so that's not it
not going to do dozens of files (not that remember all of them anyway) but here's a quick screenie from Winamp of one of the problem files

Nov 11, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #3,865 of 7,793

yeah I updated to 1.10 the day I got it so that's not it
not going to do dozens of files (not that remember all of them anyway) but here's a quick screenie from Winamp of one of the problem files

your DAP is set in spanish?
try with bravisima as title without the í, but using a basic i instead.
my songs in japanese (non romanji) also don't show up, so special caracters might be it.

Nov 11, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #3,866 of 7,793
  your DAP is set in spanish?
try with bravisima as title without the í, but using a basic i instead.
my songs in japanese (non romanji) also don't show up, so special caracters might be it.

was the first thing I tried :p and no, it's a latin song so the names have the characters, I removed the files, updated the ones on the pc and moved them back, updated and still no go for any of the files.

Nov 11, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #3,867 of 7,793
I have three Adata Premiers (64) from Amazon ADATA Premier 64GB microSDHC/SDXC UHS-I U1 Memory Card with One Adapter (AUSDX64GUICL10-RA1) that have no issues.  I WAS getting some "jumpy CD in a Walkman shaky-shaky" with a SanDisk.  Retired that one.

If you are having wholesale file issues as you describe, again, it's card, ripping or tags.  

Did you format your Adata in the X1?  It really wants that before you load the card up.  

You will need to either start over with a reformatted card and slowly add files a bit at a time and see if things are working (which I recommend), figure out which files are giving you trouble and try to see why, re-rip everything fresh and see if that helps, live with it, or give up and try another player.  This may not be what you want to hear, but it will need to be done, one way or the other.

I'm on both the X1 and X5 threads and the few people who have file issues mostly have card and/or formatting problems.  The rest seem to be tagging/photo issues.  The behavior you describe is minimal in these threads.  People have offered advice to anyone who posts about these issues and possible ways to resolve the issue, as I am doing here..  

As to "elitism," your post came across as, sorry to say, a bit accusatory and, well, whiny.  Perhaps a better way to approach the problem would be to politely ask for help, not:

Originally Posted by Voshra /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Keep having issues with this AGAIN...not impressed....loads of files when I go to play them say Playback Failed, File Not Found, despite being 100% there in folder browsing on my pc and media player programs and they play fine from all of those. some are m4a's, some mp3.

and when is this damn 5800 song limit nonsense going to be dealt with? or externally made m3u playlists being able to be found in the normal Category section instead of the folder browsing section :\ oh, and what about some more themes? :S also how do you go about getting another silicone case for this? after taking my player out to show people it de-cased 3 times the damn thing is already really loose and flaps all about :\

doesn't seem the rep checks this enough as tons of peoples questions get passed by or buried on a near daily basis too.

James and Joe both read and check in with these threads fairly often.  Unlike, say, iBasso, which never said a thing and never seemed to respond to issues here.  Besides which, I don't know any other company that is present on blogs at all.  At least so you can tell.  Fiio has a number of products and is rolling out new distribution as we speak.  I know it is focusing on the X1, as it is the "new boy," and is planning the X7 for next year.  If things move too slowly for you, or you feel that buying equipment from a new, small company is not satisfactory, then you as a consumer have choices you can make.  

These threads are for us, the users  When you post, you are talking to us.  They are not a place to come and rant that the company is not checking-in enough. 

Perhaps, had you posted something like: "Hey guys, I'm having an issue with files not showing up, or they show up but say Playback Failed or File Not found, can someone help?"  "Does anyone know when the new firmware will be released with larger file size?"  "Has anyone had an issue with the silicon case loosening up?"  you might have gotten a different response.

As it is, several people have offered help, as we all have had frustration when things don't work right and like to help others solve issues.   

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #3,868 of 7,793
well after a bit of tinkering around with as many of the files as I could remember having issues with, it appears it was indeed a tagging issue, the X1 seems to be finicky with specific (not all, ie the e in the 'proper' Tiesto plays fine) different characters than the norm, unfortunately due to there being 1270 different artists on the card I can't easily figure out if there are other ones that may have the issue (theres ALOT of characters out there) from the majority of files that were on the card already from ages ago with a player that didn't have this issue.

to note its very easy to think you got rid of something or updated data on the card and it end up not having done so, this was why I couldn't fix this immediately. I'd hate to try and deal with this stuff in asia or non-english speaking countries where varying characters are pretty common in song and artist names (and that most of my j-music is labelled in english >.>)

that said I do hope the remainder of my concerns gets fixed sooner rather than later (especially the external playlists!)

I didn't get through even half of the reply previous to this before I realized it was a typical guilt trip with more snide elitism thrown in so I'm not going to address it further than this.

Still am wondering where I can get a replacement case cheap so if anyone knows that (that won't harp on me for my issues with the device like a negative opinion is a religious sin or something) I'd much appreciate it :) thanks for those that volunteered to previously without giving me flack and sorry if I came off as disrespectful about the brand since while I do have some real concerns about longevity and getting my moneys worth (in relation to how much the money is worth in *my* world, not others) really it's more me having bad days lately and broadcasting stress/depression in a public forum which isn't welcomed in alot of places, I know.

anyways I'll try and keep things more civil from here on out and thanks again to those that weren't rude.

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #3,869 of 7,793
"These threads are for us, the users  When you post, you are talking to us.  They are not a place to come and rant that the company is not checking-in enough. 

As it is, several people have offered help, as we all have had frustration when things don't work right and like to help others solve issues."

I silently read through pages after pages of comments, complaints and impressions on the X3 before I decided that I can live with those limitations. Well, an hour ago, my X1 was finally delivered. I also took the time to read through countless posts here and other sites. Now, knowing way before I decided to buy this X1 what it cannot do is already an assurance that I will enjoy what it can do :)

If my X3 is a full-bodied red wine, then my X1 is like a crisp and chilled white wine :)  Both enjoyable in their unique ways, especially when matched with what music I prefer to enjoy at the moment. This is akin to matching what wine goes well with what meal. A thumbs up for SQ and the smaller size viz a viz the X3.

Nov 12, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #3,870 of 7,793
I just got my X1 yesterday and I'd just like to know if it's normal to experience random stop (basically the unit stops or turns into sleep) when the SLEEP option is turned ON?  It just randomly stops while playing.  Did I get a lemon?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back