The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Oct 12, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #3,001 of 7,793
+1, instead of displaying cover art only, and can be placed above the running title
smily_headphones1.gif

finally we may have to add all the Tags information on the screen. please understand that we can't follow all the requirement and there are enough information on there.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 12, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #3,002 of 7,793
+1, instead of displaying cover art only, and can be placed above the running title
smily_headphones1.gif

finally we may have to add all the Tags information on the screen. please understand that we can't follow all the requirement and there are enough information on there.

Sorry, yeap I understand :)

Oct 12, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #3,004 of 7,793
I know this is US website but anyone of u try, X1 able to display chinese font??

I'm using iPod classic armed with ibasso heron P3+, with westone 3. I plan to take out my ibasso amp bcoz it is not so convenience, but everyone here know iPod classic suck without the amp. So does x1 still good just with westone 3, compare with my current ipod classic + ibasso P3+ + westone 3??

Thanks.

Oct 12, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #3,005 of 7,793
I know this is US website but anyone of u try, X1 able to display chinese font??

I'm using iPod classic armed with ibasso heron P3+, with westone 3. I plan to take out my ibasso amp bcoz it is not so convenience, but everyone here know iPod classic suck without the amp. So does x1 still good just with westone 3, compare with my current ipod classic + ibasso P3+ + westone 3??

Thanks.

Thanks.

I don't know if x1 will performs better than ipod classic. But one think, data transfer is more convenient than apple lines and you can add up to 128GB card. I came from colorfly c3 that has a great SQ in detail, vocal, clean and separation and c3 almost wins in that area. Not that i say X1 is bad, it's a very good player and cleaner than x3, better you try it by yourself. If I may to suggest, pick X5.

Oct 12, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #3,006 of 7,793
Long time lurker here. I have a genuine question: based on this thread it seems everyone is using the X1 for driving IEMs, but why not full size headphones? I'm a big fan of over-ear headphones like the Philips Fidelio X2 and given the low impedance the Fiio X1 shouldn't have any problems driving it right?

Oct 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #3,007 of 7,793
Long time lurker here. I have a genuine question: based on this thread it seems everyone is using the X1 for driving IEMs, but why not full size headphones? I'm a big fan of over-ear headphones like the Philips Fidelio X2 and given the low impedance the Fiio X1 shouldn't have any problems driving it right?

It depends on the impedance and sensitivity of the full-size headphone. In a case of the 30ohm Fidelio X2 you shouldn't have any problem. I believe one member has been able to drive 300ohm HD600 to some degree, but in short X1 will drive full-size headphones.

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #3,008 of 7,793
I have the new Fiio X1 and it sounds excellent, compared to my iPod.
But a lot of songs are cut of the last second or 2 before the next song starts and therefore the songs stop abrupt.
The music is ripped from CD with Exact Audio Copy and transferred to flac with Flac Frontend.
Even songs ripped with iTunes into Alac do have that problem with my X1 and not with my iPod.
I switched also the setting 'gapless playing' on and off.

Oct 12, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #3,011 of 7,793

I am now using the Beyerdynamics Custom One Pro with the tour set. It has no probs driving it. Felt that it could have done a wee bit better though.

Oct 12, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #3,012 of 7,793

It's not that it can't drive full size headphones, but the X1 has lower output and lower gain, which otherwise might have issues with some very efficient IEMs. The Shure SE535 is one of the IEMs that is very difficult to amplify - either your source/amp hisses, or you buy a better amp and instead of hissing you get channel imbalance due to a higher gain setting and output power.

Any efficient enough headphone can be driven well enough by the X1 - I can't find the exact figures but it has around or more than 180mW output at 32ohms. That's enough to get hearing damage with Grados and low impedance Teslas.

Oct 12, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #3,013 of 7,793
  the beta firmware for X1 available now, Joe will upload to somewhere so you guy can download, 

the new firmware add some new feature like playlist support and two switcher. one to turn on/off the inline control. one is choose display the files name or the title name of the sound track in now playing. and fix some bugs.

Anyway, here is the link for China and hope it work for other regions too. http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=1237412515&uk=3960002298.   

I was able to download and install firmware successfully. Thanks James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back