The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 26, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #4,172 of 7,793

No. You need a special screw driver to open the case, then know how to soldering (or at least how to swap over the connector) to replace the battery. It doesn't really has that much space inside anyway so even if you know how to replace it, it won't be much of an upgrade due to the limited room.

Thanks ClieOS.

what kind of special screw driver? torx type?

I think it is necessary to figure out the battery replacement/upgrade stuff at some point. 10~12hr battery life is not much, if used daily that is maybe one recharge every 2 days, maybe 150 recharges per year, within a couple of years the original battery might start to wear out. Hopefully there will be replacement/upgrade cells available within a year.

By the way, I read someone mentioned that you liked the X1's line-out more than X3's, do you have a link of your original post about this comparison review ?

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #4,173 of 7,793
  All you have to do is enable the option to "Manually manage music and videos" and it pretty much becomes drag and drop. 

Wellllll you do still have to install their ****ty proprietary software. Yech. It's crappy enough as it, but even when you're not using it (as I haven't in months), it still pops up asking you to update every couple weeks. Balls to that.

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #4,175 of 7,793
Nov 27, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #4,176 of 7,793

I think it is necessary to figure out the battery replacement/upgrade stuff at some point. 10~12hr battery life is not much, if used daily that is maybe one recharge every 2 days, maybe 150 recharges per year, within a couple of years the original battery might start to wear out. Hopefully there will be replacement/upgrade cells available within a year.

That info about how to swap battery be useful, yes.
Also, as i understand from waht i read about Li batteries too, the deeper is cycle ( the more you discharge battery, before charge it), then less cycles battery can have. The less discharge, then battery live longer, i e, if battery have 90% discharged before charge, her lifespan be 300 cycles, but if discharge to 50% - then lifespan be about 500 cycles or so on.
As so, if it is possible, better is charge more often, i think...

Nov 27, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #4,177 of 7,793

Thanks ClieOS.

what kind of special screw driver? torx type?

By the way, I read someone mentioned that you liked the X1's line-out more than X3's, do you have a link of your original post about this comparison review ?

It is torx with only 5 points, so it is basic a star slot which is not a common type. Plus it is really small as well.

My X1 review is on HF homepage.

Nov 27, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #4,178 of 7,793

That info about how to swap battery be useful, yes.
Also, as i understand from waht i read about Li batteries too, the deeper is cycle ( the more you discharge battery, before charge it), then less cycles battery can have. The less discharge, then battery live longer, i e, if battery have 90% discharged before charge, her lifespan be 300 cycles, but if discharge to 50% - then lifespan be about 500 cycles or so on.
As so, if it is possible, better is charge more often, i think...

Just charge it when it is not working. good for the battery and also make it always ready to work for a whole day!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 27, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #4,179 of 7,793
can someone PLEASE give me some examples of media player programs that allow you to make external playlists (like on Winamp that no longer works for me) and sync audio files to the X1 that they use? if I can't get a new one that actually works this things basically unusable, I have like 5000 tracks on it, I'm not gonna attempt to make manual playlists of hundreds of tracks via the player's interace <_<

I already tried foobar, media monkey and winamp and none of them work for both syncing and making playlists on the pc at the same time except Winamp (which as explained in previous posts doesn't like anything not formatted as an android drive but even then is kinda spotty in terms of compatibility)

Nov 27, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #4,182 of 7,793
Would the easiest way to make playlists be to create folders of what you want in a playlist? Not as good as on the fly type playlists but at least a workaround. I find that I don't play playlists tbh. I generally play albums.

Nov 27, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #4,185 of 7,793
Got a few photos for anyone considering buying, or having bought the X1. The E11K is a great accompaniment to it IMO - and especially so when you add the following (it's fast becoming my go-to portable solution) ........

Alternative to the included case (ultra-portable)

Fiio C02 clear case.  Fits like a glove.  Provides great protection to rear, and sides. Only downside is that you need to remove it to use the stacker kit.  Otherwise an ideal case IMO - providing protection, and aesthetically pleasing.

For exercise and on the go

Fiio SK-X1.  Case is the same as the C02, so really safe snug fit.  The band is big enough for anyone, and the velcro goes the entire length, so very easy to adjust.  Really comfortable too.

The ideal mini to mini connector

The Fiio L17.  I'm not going to talk about the sound - because it's an interconnect - to me it has no sound characteristic.  But it is stylish, ideal length (you'll see below) and has two 90 degree jacks. The build quality is top notch as well.

and  ......

Portable + power

Fiio HS12 stacker kit + E11K. Photos tell the story.  Perfect fit for the X1 + E11K, easy to assemble and disassemble, and looks really stylish. Compared to the X5 it's slightly deeper (in combo) but also a little smaller in your hand. Feels really robust when stacked, and all controls remain accessible.  Best part is that the E11K is there when you need added power - but you can also just break the combo down to single X1 if/when you need ultra-portability.

And why would you bother with the E11K .....?

For me it's simple - if you want to drive a full sized can, and you're on a budget - this solution is (IMO) not that far off what an X5 offers.  Yes there are a few less features, and X5 sounds that little bit better - but this is really very good.  If I didn't have the X5 - I could live with this by itself. At the moment while I'm typing this, I'm listening to my X1 + E11K + Beyerdynamic T1.

Earlier - it was the AKG K812.

Both sound incredible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back