The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 30, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #4,201 of 7,793
Just curious guys, is there anyone actually disapointed with X1? I'm using it for 3 weeks now, ATM earphones are CKS77, 99% files are flacs, tryed EQ setings  for a bunch off songs, as for me, only electronic music, that has not been recorded sounds good and clear, bass can be a bit too much sometimes, mids sound great, but no matter what i listen to, highs are always too much for me, to the point that it hurts my ears, and i dont expierence any sound seperation in the high tones, like f.e guitars sound the same like vocals do, metal and rock are my main genres, i dont hear what i want, is it just my ears fooling around or just a really bad pairing and choise off earphones?

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #4,202 of 7,793
Mine sound good.  Knock a little off the top with the eq.  Also, your iems are bass-oriented.  Maybe a bad pairing?  I use Altone200s, which are bright iems, and things sound fine.  Separation is great in all areas.  

Nov 30, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #4,205 of 7,793
FXT90 sounds good with the X1. Somehow they pair up quite well and the FXT90 though have a warm sound was known to have harsh highs to some. Seems synergy is important to get the best out of the X1.

Dec 1, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #4,206 of 7,793
I tried the X1 with a Topping NX1 and found that combo too bright regardless of which of my iem's (EPH-100 & T1E) I used. I have since gone back to my ol' tried and true E11. Those two l like best with my iem's.

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #4,207 of 7,793
I tried the X1 with a Topping NX1 and found that combo too bright regardless of which of my iem's (EPH-100 & T1E) I used. I have since gone back to my ol' tried and true E11. Those two l like best with my iem's.

Im gonna pair my E11 with soon to be delivered X3!....... And may be X1 then.....xmas deal buy....E11 is really an awesome amp at its price tag....

Dec 1, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #4,208 of 7,793
Im gonna pair my E11 with soon to be delivered X3!....... And may be X1 then.....xmas deal buy....E11 is really an awesome amp at its price tag....

The E11 gives that touch of warmth that I want considering that I am not fond of the eq on the X1.

Dec 1, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #4,210 of 7,793
Ok...Im neither a fan of eq.....so whats the settings on your E11 that best with X1......

High gain and 0 EQ,I keep the volume on the X1 between 50-60% and only use the volume on the E11.

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #4,214 of 7,793

As good as the Topping is for the money, it does have a tendency to sound a bit bright in comparison to many other amps. I use the E12 sometimes and that is warmer by comparison. Even the O2 sounds a bit warmer than the NX1.

Dec 1, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #4,215 of 7,793
bought a NX1 since comparisons of it vs E11 was to the NX1 during the whole thread, maybe on low gain it will not be as bright as it is, will see how it sounds in a week,too bad i don't know how to express  my experience while using X1 it is like listening to radio station at e.g 104.6, than it should be 104.4, i have one mp3 320kb album, that sounds great in all areas, too bad that it is a bohemiam album, meaning all different  sounds have a gap in beatwen , but than i go to metal, it's just a mash of sounds,there one kills the other, and nothing stands out, it's sad to say, but i was more impressed  by the sound nexus 4 gives as a mobile phone, than what X1 gives as good DAP, i also notice a lot of hiss, (atleast for me it's a lot) and some distortion on guitars, they don't sound edgy at all, so ATM i'm not sure if i should give up on the X1 and go with something else, don't have the financial options to risk buying 150$ AMP and 200$ earphones, but spending the same in a period of time experimenting with lower cost stuff of different goal and geting disaponted is also a stupid option.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back