The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 27, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #4,186 of 7,793
  Got a few photos for anyone considering buying, or having bought the X1. The E11K is a great accompaniment to it IMO - and especially so when you add the following (it's fast becoming my go-to portable solution) ........

Alternative to the included case (ultra-portable)

thanks for the pics, it gives me an idea on the size of both when stacked :D

Nov 27, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #4,188 of 7,793
  can someone PLEASE give me some examples of media player programs that allow you to make external playlists (like on Winamp that no longer works for me) and sync audio files to the X1 that they use? if I can't get a new one that actually works this things basically unusable, I have like 5000 tracks on it, I'm not gonna attempt to make manual playlists of hundreds of tracks via the player's interace <_<

I already tried foobar, media monkey and winamp and none of them work for both syncing and making playlists on the pc at the same time except Winamp (which as explained in previous posts doesn't like anything not formatted as an android drive but even then is kinda spotty in terms of compatibility)

@Voshra I don't want it to seem like I'm ignoring you, I just don't have an answer for you as I don't use playlists.

Well as I said, without something that consistently works for making/editing/syncing stuff to the player it's just gonna end up sitting and collecting dust----

Quote:
Would the easiest way to make playlists be to create folders of what you want in a playlist? Not as good as on the fly type playlists but at least a workaround. I find that I don't play playlists tbh. I generally play albums.

if I wasn't picky sure, but I primarily make playlists by band *discographies*, genres and sub genres (primary mode I'd say), and large-scale (600 tracks in my main favorites playlist) collection playlists and have many playlists that have the same music in each depending upon mood which when you're working with 5000ish tracks is quite a pain as it is making playlists with a playlist editor and near impossible and completely insane having double or quadruple the same files existing in multiple places on the microsd (nevermind being as ineffective as heck for storage size)

Still hoping someone out there uses programs to sync/make/edit playlists with that syncs properly with the X1 as Winamp is the only I came close to but as mentioned has failed on me since the method I've done to make it even work with that is kinda 'jimmy-rigged' and a loophole at best that works inconsistently by trying to trick winamp into haphazardly support the device.

Nov 28, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #4,189 of 7,793
Would that stacker kit hypothetically work with another amp like the Topping nX1?

Yep should do.  All it's really doing is setting a platform for you to loop rubber bands around.  So as long as the bands can fit (stretch) around, you should be fine.

Nov 29, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #4,192 of 7,793
What is the best low budget amp you have found to work best with X1?

I can't really say which one works best, but C&C BH2 I'm trying right now definitely sounds very good paired with X1. I feel that any decent amp will do well as I find that the quality of the headphone output is inferior to that of the line out. Or at least my ears tell so:)

Nov 30, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #4,195 of 7,793
I'm looking for something cheaper, E11k or NX1, as i understood NX1 is better at everything, except sound stage

One of the problems I find with the NX1 is that the volume control needs to be quite high for you to get equal balance.

At a lower volume the sound comes out of the left side more until you turn the volume control high enough then it balances out.

For me it is just on the edge of the volume level I can take. So it means that sometimes I have to have the volume higher than I would like or else I lose sound on the right side for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back