The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Oct 14, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #3,091 of 7,793
  LOL.
I just press OFF first time and this player does not start any more.
I try to hold ON 10 sec - not helped.
Now i connect it to charger - red led is working but player does not start!
What you can suggest?
And of course i charged it about 3 hours first time.

Try the reset button on the side. (you will need a pin)

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #3,092 of 7,793
Hi. I got mine yesterday. The center button is broken? Only clicks when pressed at certain areas. Most times the bottom does not click but work anyway. Maybe something beneath the button is blocking the clicking mechanism? I'm in a kind of worry at this time.

Anyone?

jaxz Please contact support@fiio.net or the dealer you bought the X1 from for a replacement unit if desired.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 14, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #3,093 of 7,793
Got it today from ebay for 95$

Must listen much more time but now i don't have wow-effect after SanDisk Sansa Clip+
May be bass more better.

And good thing is i don't need use EQ any more.

May be i need much more better IEM (i have Xiaomi Piston Gold 2)

Two problems with X1 i see right after first start:

1) Central button should be more monolith. It's left side pressing harder, right side is easy.

2) Player don't recognize russian tags - chinese  words instead.

Non-English tags need to be in Unicode to be recognized :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 14, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #3,098 of 7,793
Taking my eyes in this dap, and willing to get one. All said X1 is warm, bassy but not going into deep bass. not problem to my taste, but the worryíng me is clarity. Hów is it?

Oct 14, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #3,099 of 7,793
I've been asked a question about the X1 by someone on the net.

"Can the X1 shuffle alot of songs into a playlist and remember the shuffled list?"

I know it can't use playlists with the original firmware, and that the beta firmware allows playlists, but can it create one as in the question above?

Thanks for any info.

Oct 14, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #3,100 of 7,793
Taking my eyes in this dap, and willing to get one. All said X1 is warm, bassy but not going into deep bass. not problem to my taste, but the worryíng me is clarity. Hów is it?

I don't find it that bassy to be honest. I think calling it a bit warm is the correct way. It has great clarity and dynamics.
Compared to my previous DAP [a puny, but pretty good Clip+] there's more extension on both ends, more punchy bass, great midrange and very good treble presence still, but far from being harsh. Better soundstage dimensionality, better separation and very good clarity.
That's with a RE-400 IEM by HiFiMAN, which is mostly described as slightly warmer [a sentiment which I did not agree with entirely, while using the Clip+].
Honestly with only the X1 - RE-400 it is pretty spectacular. Very dynamic and musical but still within neutral boundaries IMO.
With the Clip+, it sounded constrained and limited in terms of dynamic and soundstage size, while with the X1 I am really liking it that much more and feel that now it is indeed a bit warmer and more musical than I thought it is
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #3,103 of 7,793

I don't find it that bassy to be honest. I think calling it a bit warm is the correct way. It has great clarity and dynamics.
Compared to my previous DAP [a puny, but pretty good Clip+] there's more extension on both ends, more punchy bass, great midrange and very good treble presence still, but far from being harsh. Better soundstage dimensionality, better separation and very good clarity.
That's with a RE-400 IEM by HiFiMAN, which is mostly described as slightly warmer [a sentiment which I did not agree with entirely, while using the Clip+].
Honestly with only the X1 - RE-400 it is pretty spectacular. Very dynamic and musical but still within neutral boundaries IMO.
With the Clip+, it sounded constrained and limited in terms of dynamic and soundstage size, while with the X1 I am really liking it that much more and feel that now it is indeed a bit warmer and more musical than I thought it is
smily_headphones1.gif

If you increase the bass eq does it improve low end bass to make it punchy? If you had punchy iem would they sound less punchy on x1?

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #3,104 of 7,793
If you increase the bass eq does it improve low end bass to make it punchy? If you had punchy iem would they sound less punchy on x1?

To me - it's a neutral DAP with a touch of warmth.  So if you have a V shaped IEM - eg like the Altone200, the bass will have nice impact. If you want to EQ it further, you can.

It's not bass light.  It's not bass heavy.  It simply reflects the headphone you have plugged in - but may be slightly warmer than strictly neutral. 

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #3,105 of 7,793

To me - it's a neutral DAP with a touch of warmth.  So if you have a V shaped IEM - eg like the Altone200, the bass will have nice impact. If you want to EQ it further, you can.

It's not bass light.  It's not bass heavy.  It simply reflects the headphone you have plugged in - but may be slightly warmer than strictly neutral. 

Thanks
Do you have any Cowon to compare with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back