The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Oct 13, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #3,046 of 7,793
  I've done no A/Bing mate, just listening to X1. 
gs1000.gif

Yeah - the little sucker is kind of addictive eh.

Oct 13, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #3,047 of 7,793

Yeah - the little sucker is kind of addictive eh.

Haha yeah man, I love it. It really is too cool for school with all these features and settings. The build is top notch, the sound is well above that of an iPod or most Cowons I have heard (eg S9, J3) imo.

The size and form factor is just awesome. I especially like the way album art shows and they've taken advantage of the full screen for it. I've been running around showing people saying "See this?? $100!"

Love this little thing! (mostly with Altone200) I think I'll just leave them together.  
wink.gif

Oct 13, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #3,049 of 7,793
Just a question..

I had read comments the battery meter isn't currently accurate? Is this correct or is there a mix up.

I read something about a members unit going flat at 2 bars battery or something?

Oct 13, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #3,050 of 7,793
Just a question..

I had read comments the battery meter isn't currently accurate? Is this correct or is there a mix up.

I read something about a members unit going flat at 2 bars battery or something?

I can't speak definitively for the X1, but my X3(sold) and X5 both have this 'issue'. FiiO has stated that the battery guage is a simple measure of remaining voltage and therefore not very accurate. I would agree with this. As far as I know most li-ion batteries that give a percentage or are very accurate include an information chip. My guess is that FiiO doesn't have the resources or decided to skip these batteries for cost reasons.

Oct 13, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #3,051 of 7,793
I can't speak definitively for the X1, but my X3(sold) and X5 both have this 'issue'. FiiO has stated that the battery guage is a simple measure of remaining voltage and therefore not very accurate. I would agree with this. As far as I know most li-ion batteries that give a percentage or are very accurate include an information chip. My guess is that FiiO doesn't have the resources or decided to skip these batteries for cost reasons.

Well, if that is the case I'm not too concerned, providing the meter reaches about 1 bar (preferably) before each charge. I usually charge my devices once they reach around 1 bar (1/4) so let's see what happens over time. I don't need 100% accuracy, long as I know the unit is reaching quite a low level. 

Oct 13, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #3,054 of 7,793
There is plenty of bass.  Was listening tonight with my Altones, and they were thumping.

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #3,057 of 7,793
I don't think people were complaining about it lacking bass. I thought the complaint was lack of sub bass or bass detail/control.
Most users, including me, reported increased bass.

Anyway, if your IEMs have nice bass you'll hear it. If not, and you want something more bassy, then maybe you just picked the wrong IEM

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #3,058 of 7,793
I don't think people were complaining about it lacking bass. I thought the complaint was lack of sub bass or bass detail/control.
Most users, including me, reported increased bass.

Anyway, if your IEMs have nice bass you'll hear it. If not, and you want something more bassy, then maybe you just picked the wrong IEM

Sub Bass is what I like.
My IEMs have plenty of bass, I got the Dunu 1000s which are known to be good for bass.

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #3,059 of 7,793
Im kinda worried about the mixed posts about the amount of low end bass on the X1.
I listen to electronic music so need a lot of bass, not as much as hip hop and currently use dunu 1000s iems.

I do listen to electronic music too and am testing the X1 as part of the world tour.

I can safely tell you that there is bass, caveat is that I am using the Beyerdynamics Custom One Pro, which is good on bass due to its bass selector but not that good for sub bass.

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #3,060 of 7,793
I do listen to electronic music too and am testing the X1 as part of the world tour.

I can safely tell you that there is bass, caveat is that I am using the Beyerdynamics Custom One Pro, which is good on bass due to its bass selector but not that good for sub bass.

Shame no one here has similar IEMS to mine to see if there is much sub bass or not.
At the moment my choices are X1 or Sony A16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back