The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages
Jan 27, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #979 of 1,083
  what do you mean? I've used the E10K with T20i without any problem and it is 3 parted with a microphone.

Huh, then it might work after all. However, those IEMs are iPhone-specific and mine were for Android when I tested. That's likely the issue.

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #980 of 1,083
I would like to know this as I am interested in Skullcandy Grind and sound blaster jam.
I know its portable headphones but I find them possibly sound as good as big "real" headphones while being more comfortable

Jan 27, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #981 of 1,083
I've tried Soundmagic E80S in either CTIA and OMTP mode, both works fine with E10K. Different TRRS standard shouldn't be an issue, E10K does not support mic/remote input after all.

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #984 of 1,083
When will we get a Fiio E10K successor? It's almost 3 years old and the Schiit Fulla 2 offers much more while it's only a little more expensive and just as compact.

The last part I have to disagree with:

You could comfortably put the E10K in your pocket if you wanted to, maybe even the Fulla 1. But the Fulla 2 is anything but a "portable" device.

Feb 22, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #987 of 1,083
Yes, I am aware it has a gain switch, I own an E10K. :)

What I meant was that I did not want FiiO to get rid of it in any possible successor. FiiO does seem to use gain switches reasonably often (compared to other companies), I just wanted to stress that I like the option to change the gain just in case there are any ideas to not have such a feature any more. Not that my personal preference would make them change their minds, but still... 

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #988 of 1,083
as far as i can see, latest fiio e10k version has off switch on the knob, while the first versions don't
internally there are no differences right ?
only the off switch is added

i am looking to buy e10k for my dt770 pro 80 ohm, because i can get it in reasonable price
was looking at fulla 2, for which i know that is better then the e10k, but in europe fulla 2 with delivery is double of the price from fiio (at least for me in croatia), so that is a real bummer, since i quite like the fulla 2

May 2, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #989 of 1,083
sry for double
but i have a question
my fiio has scratching sound when adjusting volume on the right channel, specially on bad recordings or low frequencies
it's not happening during playback, only when adjusting the volume
first i thought that it could be that the pot is dirty, so i tried to work it in by turning it full range numerous of times, slowly or fast, no help in that way
tried turning bass boost on or off, turning high / low gain, issue persists and scratching can be heard all the time when turning the pot
only thing i noticed, is that after 6, so from 6 to 8 in pot adjustment, scratching is less pronounced, less audible
today i disassembled my fiio to see if i can clean a pot somehow, but it looks like it's not possible since the screw which is holding the pot together, is going through the pcb, and the pcb for pot is glued in the main pcb, so opening the pot is impossible without risking the functionality of the device
but now i am more concerned about the solder residue on the bottom side of the pcb, could that be the potential problem for the scratching noise ??
would cleaning of the pcb, to get rid of the residue, be enough to eliminate the scratching noise, or is the main problem here dirty pot, in which case problem is not solvable (because of the explanation above)
what do you guys think, is there some other way in which i could try to eliminate that problem ??

i have added photos of the pcb so that you can see how it looks, top side looks nice, no complaints there, but the bottom side is what is bothering me now

tried the fiio on gf laptop, on iem-s, with other headphones, to see if the issue would be gone, but no, scratching can be heard in all situations
i tried to hook up my dt770 directly to laptop to see if maybe problem is in them, they work normally with onboard audio, so that confirmed me that it's device fault

any help will be appreciated
fiio.jpg fiio2.jpg fiio3.jpg fiio4.jpg fiio5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back