The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages
Jan 3, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #1,024 of 1,083
will fiio e10k have an update in 2018?
We will consider about that. Maybe do you have any thought of the next version? You could share to us. :darthsmile:

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 3, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #1,025 of 1,083
We will consider about that. Maybe do you have any thought of the next version? You could share to us. :darthsmile:

Best regards
Well...

Up the sample rate a bit
Lose that annoying blue led or at least dim it considerably!
bevel the front and rear panel

Additionally...
maybe consider adding a 2.5mm jack since that format seems to be gaining now

Jan 4, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #1,026 of 1,083
I would actually appreciate a cheaper version of the E10K. Yes, I know for many people it's already cheap enough, but I would like a second one, and I'm not a rich man. I also feel some of the features can be dropped: like the bass boost feature and the digital output, maybe even also the line out.
Also maybe a better potentiometer? Mine seems to produce some noise when turning.
And of course any optimization of the electronics inside (like the transition from the original E10 to the E10K) would be welcomed.

Up the sample rate a bit
Please no. The E10K needs to be kept simple and plug and play. Not only is the current 96 kHz sampling rate already an extreme overkill for any human being, but increasing it would require more expensive and complex components, which would increase price and would break the current plug-and-play nature of the E10K by requiring drivers for the USB Audio Class 2.0 standard.
Also, anyone who actually cares about needlessly high sampling rates and bit depths would almost certainly have the money to purchase something better anyway. The FiiO E10K fills a very important niche. It should continue to do so.

Lose that annoying blue led or at least dim it considerably!
Agreed about the dimmed LED. I like blue LEDs but the E10K's LED is too bright.

Jan 4, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #1,028 of 1,083

I would like to see something different - I think you should lift the E10k to the next level:
-dedicated desktop DAC (size doesn't matter)
-keep the neutral audio character but add better components and a high-end DAC chip
-keep all the connections, maybe even add optical, USB-C, Bluetooth ..
-my personal dream feature would be a small display with a graphical EQ :wink:
-price should be higher around $200

I'd like to see that you do with the E10k what you did with the X3/X5/X7 series of portable players. :)

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #1,029 of 1,083
sample rate is like megapixels, it sells.
No argument there.

Interesting point you have about making it simpler... I've never used bass boost or even the gain switch. Don't think I'd need the optical port.
I consider a gain switch to be a good feature, as it adds flexibility. It's better to use lower gain settings unless volume is insufficient.

Jan 4, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #1,030 of 1,083
I would like to see something different - I think you should lift the E10k to the next level:
-dedicated desktop DAC (size doesn't matter)
-keep the neutral audio character but add better components and a high-end DAC chip
-keep all the connections, maybe even add optical, USB-C, Bluetooth ..
-my personal dream feature would be a small display with a graphical EQ :wink:
-price should be higher around $200

I'd like to see that you do with the E10k what you did with the X3/X5/X7 series of portable players. :)

Fiio already has at least one desktop amp.

Jan 23, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #1,031 of 1,083
QUESTIONS?
Recently, I purchased the FiiO E10K Amp with DAC. After I unpacking box I quickly reviewed guide to set up my FiiO, BUT before plugging it in, I updated the firmware from website support. Then I plugged in the amp.
◾ Does anyone know if updating the Firmware First, BEFORE Plugging In Amp/DAC. Will this cause any sound quality issue?
◾The Guide says to plug-in in the DAC into PC FIRST Before anything else?
*(It seems that the pop-up box doesn't allow me to change Bit from 16 to 24?
◾SHOULD I UNINSTALL THE FIRMWARE, Then Start Over from the Beginning?
> ANY IDEAS?
◾I have the FX Enhancer Software, will this also have an effect? Should I Reset all my Windows 10 Audio Settings to Default?
> ANY IDEAS?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #1,033 of 1,083

Users who are viewing this thread

Back