The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages
Jan 25, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #1,036 of 1,083
I looked. I see no firmware just the asio thing

REPLY TO "WIJNANDS".... REGARDING E10K FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR FiiO DEVICES...I KNOW WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS?

*NOTE: In this case, for the OLYMPUS 2-E10K Firmware Update, I see the issue you encountered - which I can't explain. BUT I can help you find the update. I just visited the website and went through some steps to make sure the update was still available.

FOLLOW THE STEPS BELLOW:
> FiiO OLYMPUS 2-E10K Firmware Update: Goto the www.fiio.net website, on the Home Page click Products tab and select "DESKTOP AMP / CONVERTER" option (This selection will be located under X7 Device image - Very light color and can be hard to see, but it's there). After selecting the correct option, click on the "OLYMPUS 2-E10K" image. When the page loads, look to far right side and you will see "Download Firmware" option (Next to BuyNow Button), click on it. After the page loads, scroll down and see available Updates under "Downloads" heading.

THE STEPS BELOW HERE ARE THE NORMAL WAY OF FINDING DOWNLOADS/UPDATES:
> Goto the www.fiio.net website, Select your Device from the Products tab, then click Support tab. When Support page loads, review selections on right side of webpage, scroll down, and below "Repair Service" there will be a "Download" option box with red hyperlinks for different updates.

IF you have any other questions or insight on improving sound quality on my Windows 10 PC, keep in touch!

Jan 25, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #1,038 of 1,083

REPLY TO "WIJNANDS".

*** snipped as it was painful to the eyes ***
And that is still the ASIO driver. Nothing to do with firmware.

IF you have any other questions or insight on improving sound quality on my Windows 10 PC, keep in touch!
What insight?

Step 1: Plug device in PC.
Step 2: Plug headphones in device.
Step 3: Turn on device.
Step 4: Play music.
Step 5: Enjoy high quality audio.
Step 6: N/A

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #1,039 of 1,083
And that is still the ASIO driver. Nothing to do with firmware.

What insight?

Step 1: Plug device in PC.
Step 2: Plug headphones in device.
Step 3: Turn on device.
Step 4: Play music.
Step 5: Enjoy high quality audio.
Step 6: N/A

You are CORRECT! It's the ASIO Driver, which I thought was a new update. My apologies!

As to insight, I was refering to potential interactions we may have in the future. I did not mean insight to the FiiO E10K device (It's easy to setup - plug in and play).

Mar 30, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #1,041 of 1,083
I have a e10 since 2013 and would love to upgrade :\ IS there any new version of the e10k coming out? Don't want to buy the e10k and months later they came with a new version XD

Would love to see a new e10 lite version, smaller with only the dac / amp and headphone output, that could be also powered by a battery pack to use with a phone or tablet... Well, in fact I want the k1 with the e10k internals XD

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #1,042 of 1,083
I have a e10 since 2013 and would love to upgrade :\ IS there any new version of the e10k coming out? Don't want to buy the e10k and months later they came with a new version XD

Would love to see a new e10 lite version, smaller with only the dac / amp and headphone output, that could be also powered by a battery pack to use with a phone or tablet... Well, in fact I want the k1 with the e10k internals XD
Really at this point I think the Q5 while at a higher price point would be well worth considering. The modular amp design and the not to be disregarded addition of Bluetooth connectivity really makes a compelling case for the Q5.

Apr 1, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #1,044 of 1,083
I disregard bluetooth all the time and don't lose any sleep over it. :)
Your loss mate, Bluetooth is fantastic sounding and capable of serious fidelity.

Apr 1, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #1,046 of 1,083
not really. I've got just one bt headset which is barely capable of doing a voice conversation. And I have no desire to replace my headphones with something else that needs charging
I hear you mate, but those must be pretty poor BT headphones than. The better offerings have top quality sound and I hear some are quite good for calls. I was however talking about the Q5 having the capability to receive a BT stream but be driving a headphone from a wired connection so not actually a Bluetooth headphone point I was raising when suggesting the OP look at the Q5 as a possibility. Bluetooth is no joke, it is seriously good and that is why from here on out you can bet your life that the majority of devices like the Q5, and even higher end devices will feature Bluetooth. Even the Hugo 2 had Bluetooth and when I had it here as part of the tour the Bluetooth was wonderful so I return to my point, Bluetooth is a fantastic connectivity option and should always be welcome even if it won't be the primary connection interface somebody uses. It is about options, and Bluetooth is a great option.

Apr 1, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #1,047 of 1,083
And I disagree with you. BT has it's place, certainly but when you go BT you're suddenly introducing "hey has this been charged?" and "it's 4 years old now and the battery only lasts 5 hours" to devices that do not need that.

I'll believe you when you say that the quality is there.

Apr 1, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #1,048 of 1,083
And I disagree with you. BT has it's place, certainly but when you go BT you're suddenly introducing "hey has this been charged?" and "it's 4 years old now and the battery only lasts 5 hours" to devices that do not need that.

I'll believe you when you say that the quality is there.
Actually we agree, I also say that BT has it's place, and that is ultimately a personal decision. I simply submit that it is a quality option for those who appreciate what it brings to the table. I firmly believe that the sound quality capable with better BT implementations is finally such that people can use BT and still experience top quality sound reproduction combined with wonderful convenience. Cheers.

Apr 2, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #1,050 of 1,083
Should I stay with the e10 or upgrade for a refurbished e10k from ebay? Or maybe wait for a new version?
Only you can answer that question. First, what do you mean by a new version? I would suggest that if your goal is keeping the price at around what the e10K sells for now, even a "new version" or new model at the same price point is pretty unlikely to sound much better/perform better. The e10K (which I do own) already sounds very good for the price point it comes in at so I am unsure what aspect that you want to improve upon. Generally an entry level solid performer like the e10K is not going to get any significant sonic upgrades, side-grades possibly, but companies need a way to encourage customers to try their more expensive offerings so while there are always diminishing returns at play, generally if you want to hear a different enough and subjectively improved sound signature, you likely have to move up at least a little.

That is just IMO, but I have been listening to and buying audio gear since the early 1980s and these principles seem to hold pretty reliably. So again, if you want useful input from people tell the community what you would want to be different in a new version e10. Just asking should I do something without giving people any idea of what you are hoping to achieve isn't very useful. As I said, how can we possibly know what will be better for you, we really don't know anything about your preferences and further to that, how can people speculate about a potential new version we would have no information about? If a new version came out, it could also be subjectively less enjoyable so really, without more input from you, you are asking a question that has no answer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back