The Etymotics HF5 Thread
Jan 31, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #287 of 567
I can't do it either with the Etymotic HF2. Just bought a set of the PFE122 and those are much better (though not perfect) for laying on my side. I find that the Etymotics just protude too much for side sleeping.

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #288 of 567
I can't do it either with the Etymotic HF2. Just bought a set of the PFE122 and those are much better (though not perfect) for laying on my side. I find that the Etymotics just protude too much for side sleeping.

You must not put them in deep enough lol. These protrude the least of any IEM I have ever used. I push it in so far that the wire touches my ear where it comes out of the IEM. It hurts at first but you get used to it after about a week.

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #289 of 567
thanks nc8000.

any other opinnions on how good Etys in bed:D

I find ety's perfect for side sleeping, I do it all the time! Just stinks when I fall asleep and miss my alarm clock because they are still in my ear, and I can't hear anything. As I said in the above post, if you get used to inserting them deep, which takes about a week or so, they go all the way in. you cant even touch it when you put your hand flat over your ear.

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #290 of 567
Yes ER4 and HF models are just one step down from brain implants when properly inserted

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #291 of 567
Quote:
You must not put them in deep enough lol. These protrude the least of any IEM I have ever used. I push it in so far that the wire touches my ear where it comes out of the IEM. It hurts at first but you get used to it after about a week.

You got some big ears/canals then, LOL!  Mine are much smaller, apparently.

Feb 1, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #292 of 567
Just got my HF2s now and loving them!!
beyersmile.png

Feb 2, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #294 of 567

Quote:

No, I did the same thing, and it still pushes against the inside of your ear pretty hard if you're laying on your side.  The HF2 definitely sticks out less than the ER-4 I had before that, but both still stick out to the point where it's going to be uncomfortable sleeping on your side, in my experience.  I'm sure this varies depending on a person's ear shape and that sort of thing anyway, but for me it was very uncomfortable with my ear against the pillow.

Feb 2, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #295 of 567
I'm scared to sleep with my HF5s... they stick out too much and afraid that it will kill my ears... Oh yea... My HF5s cable is starting to rip around the plug... NUUUU

Feb 2, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #296 of 567

Quote:
I'm scared to sleep with my HF5s... they stick out too much and afraid that it will kill my ears... Oh yea... My HF5s cable is starting to rip around the plug... NUUUU

Unfortunately, I had the same issue with my HF2 cable, twice covered under warranty, and now once after the warranty expired.

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #299 of 567

Quote:
Unfortunately, I had the same issue with my HF2 cable, twice covered under warranty, and now once after the warranty expired.

Yea... Disappointed by the cable... Luckily i'm getting some ER4S so i'll be occupied while my HF5s go for warranty.

Quote:
Is it the newer cable with the banana plug, or is it the older cable?

Banana AKA 45 degree plug.

Quote:
Newer has banana plug.

indeed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back