The Etymotics HF5 Thread
Nov 12, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #496 of 567
I can't/don't know how to put on the short clip please help!  I try to fit it in the little hole thingy which I am sure we're supposed to do but it doesn't fit and I feel like if I really force it the cable would break

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #497 of 567
Hey, I'm thinking about getting the HF5s but could someone tell me how much do the IEMs come out of the ears. I sometimes use hearing protection with my IEMs (ear muffs) because I work in noisy enviroments and they have to fit under them without the ear muffs applying any more pressure on the back tip of the IEM. 

Thanks already in advance!

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #498 of 567
  Hey, I'm thinking about getting the HF5s but could someone tell me how much do the IEMs come out of the ears. I sometimes use hearing protection with my IEMs (ear muffs) because I work in noisy enviroments and they have to fit under them without the ear muffs applying any more pressure on the back tip of the IEM. 

Thanks already in advance!

This actually depends on the size of your ears :p  Hahaha.  Mine come out quite a bit.  May I suggest something that is smaller like the HiFiMan RE-400?  

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #500 of 567
Alright, I won't take a risk with them. I will look into the HiFiMan RE-400. Thanks for the response!

If I put my hand flat against my ear, the HF doesn't even touch. And I don't have large ears. If you look back in this thread it seems like them not sticking out is more of the norm. I considered the RE-400 but decided against it because of build quality. Just some things to consider. Read more of this thread and about the RE-400 before deciding.

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #501 of 567
Hmm, my ears must not be that normal then.  For me with the HF5, they do stick out roughly a centimeter or so, but I'm using comply tips with mine (never found the standard tips anywhere close to comfortable), and I'm always thankful the comply tips help in this respect.

Dec 28, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #503 of 567
Any good prices on the Etymotic HF5's in Europe? (I am in Ireland)

The official distributor, etymoticdirect.co.uk, would cost me €155 with delivery!! I have seen the RE-400's for nearly half that!

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #509 of 567
Any good prices on the Etymotic HF5's in Europe? (I am in Ireland)

The official distributor, etymoticdirect.co.uk, would cost me €155 with delivery!! I have seen the RE-400's for nearly half that!

I would recommend looking into a pair of trinity audio headphones. They are based in the UK and have amazing sound quality. I have a pair of the deltas and listen to them significantly more than my hf5's.

Jan 2, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #510 of 567
I was not aware of that. How about KUROKEN2 via amazon.de?

hat sure does look like a good price! Thanks!

I would recommend looking into a pair of trinity audio headphones. They are based in the UK and have amazing sound quality. I have a pair of the deltas and listen to them significantly more than my hf5's.

Thanks for the rec. I hadn't heard of them. Funny you should mention them actually, because I am currently still using a pair of Audeo PFE earphones & it looks like Trinity's "Techne" model is a dead ringer for the PFE's... I wonder how the sound compares. Looks like their are new Delta's coming in February.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back