The Entry Level Stax Thread
Feb 25, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #3,316 of 3,322
Apr 20, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #3,318 of 3,322
For anyone interested, there is a thread going on about Topping EHA5 electrostatic headphone amp that is $400. It was released last week and a few head-fi people have received them.

Dec 21, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #3,319 of 3,322
I got my first Stax amp in yesterday. I am debating getting an SRD-7 or a WooWee and then an amp with XLR inputs to compare and contrast. I don't know the difference between the WooWee or the SRD-7, like why would you prefer one vs the other besides cost?

Dec 21, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #3,320 of 3,322
I got my first Stax amp in yesterday. I am debating getting an SRD-7 or a WooWee and then an amp with XLR inputs to compare and contrast. I don't know the difference between the WooWee or the SRD-7, like why would you prefer one vs the other besides cost?
I can't answer the question for you but if you are interested I do have an SRD-7 that I was thinking of selling if you wanted to pm me an offer as I was thinking of getting a different energizer.

Dec 23, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #3,322 of 3,322
Don't know about current Woo Wee but in the past, apparently Woo had some issues about not having the appropriate safety resistors in the circuit, so I would go with the Stax.
Apparently that was only with the model that supported normal bias Stax, not the "pro" version that only supports modern ones. Tons of contradictory info online. Someone said The current Wee "Pro" had better modern transformers then the Stax, which is decades old at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back