The Enleum HPA-23RM Discussion Thread
Nov 16, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #62 of 177
Got my Enleum HPA-23RM today. It blew my mind haha. It’s not often I get an amp that when I try immediately know it’s top notch and it’s portable !

Nov 16, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #63 of 177
Four puks mini underneath enleum hpa plus this standard door thing on top and bass quality control, clarity, depth and soundstage improves a lot in my system (hugo mscaler plus Final d8000 phones). Its quite surprising how such a small things sometimes makes a big difference…

Attachments

• IMG_8145.jpeg
    IMG_8145.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Nov 18, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #64 of 177
Nov 18, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #65 of 177
I suggest not to do this. The balanced output of the N7 line out is 4v, and the 23rm line in is unbalanced. It usually only accepts 2v input. If a signal exceeding 2v is received, the sound pressure will be too loud, which may seriously damage the equipment.

Would this still be a risk with Chord Hugo 2 (which outputs 3Vrms in its SE "line out" mode) feeding the 23RM, and with headphones such as the Utopia and Susvara?

I've always thought that a higher pre-amp voltage was desirable something desirable. (Edit: apparently there is such a thing as "overloading" an amp.)

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #66 of 177
Nov 18, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #67 of 177
In the reviews of the enleum 23r by golden sound, it was noted that Enleum uses a very different amplification method for their devices. I believe this was carried over to the hpa-23rm, if anything you should use lower than 2v and it may get better output. But without a measurement tool can’t really verify it easily if Enleum does indeed use the same amplification method.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #68 of 177
Can't wait for your impressions with Susvara! I am seeking to replace my MHA200 with something better and more transportable.
I have a video coming up to compared between amps. If it’s based on my scoring, the Enleum is better. If based on enjoyment and stuff like vocals and just a smoother sound, maybe the mha200 is better.

Nov 18, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #70 of 177
The lack of accessories is disappointing.
What kind of accessories are you looking at? Most amps I purchased so far other than power unit and maybe a remote at times, don’t think i seen any other accessories.

Nov 18, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #71 of 177
What kind of accessories are you looking at? Most amps I purchased so far other than power unit and maybe a remote at times, don’t think i seen any other accessories.
Every headphone amp I've bought, costing over 1K, has included a set of interconnects - maybe I've just been lucky. The HPA-23RM's predecessor, the Bakoon HPA-01M, included a 3.5mm interconnect, among other less useful things.

Nov 18, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #72 of 177
I have a video coming up to compared between amps. If it’s based on my scoring, the Enleum is better. If based on enjoyment and stuff like vocals and just a smoother sound, maybe the mha200 is better.

Amazing. Looking forward. I like the smoothness of the MHA200 but I find that it really lacks micro-details, soundstage depth and cleanliness compared to the Ferrum Orr stack, which I tried at home. I passed on the Oor as I eventually found it too mellow for my taste with the Susvara. It was like chugging warm milk. I prefer whiskey! In addition, I found the Orr to sound quite small (especially in soundstage height).

My alternative to the 23RM would be a TT2, ran balanced from the rear outputs. Probably a different flavor, but I find Chord's clarity magical in its own way.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #74 of 177
In the reviews of the enleum 23r by golden sound, it was noted that Enleum uses a very different amplification method for their devices. I believe this was carried over to the hpa-23rm, if anything you should use lower than 2v and it may get better output. But without a measurement tool can’t really verify it easily if Enleum does indeed use the same amplification method.
I am using RM 23r with hugo2 and does not have any issue with 2V signal level. I did not detected sound improvement using lover signal. With hugo 2 you can set the output on hugo2 to your liking there is No specific line out that gives any advantage.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #75 of 177
The Enleum amps use discreet resistor volume control, so as long as it isn’t too loud on lowest settings (and it allows you some control without quickly getting too loud), then you’re fine.
Traditional amps use volume pots that don’t track very well at low volume. In this case lowering the source voltage might be advantageous.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back